• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
~16 days left

eeeeeeeee~

I don't care when you guys update the site. I only care about the demo2 release arriving in 15-20days. If it's another month because they didn't finish the writeups on the site... I'd be disappointed :(

Samus-T

Smash Lord
yes but if the demo is supposed to be out within the next 20-30 days and there will probably be 20+ characters, that's not alot of time available between announcements
Precisely my point. I was expecting an update every few days -__- but I guess beggars can't be choosers

:phone:

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
@Shanus - String him up, and hang him by his big toe from a tree.

@Cubelarooso - I told you before, it's a stab. Meaning a jab, Link does not leaving it hanging out like a sex kick, i told you that before when you posted that chart.

On-Topic - So is it safe to assume that Demo1 characters are going to be returning in Demo2 then?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Pretty sure we didn't finish some first-demo character writeups until after Demo 1 released, anyways.

PropaneTankHank

Smash Rookie
If this hasn't been addressed already (although I'm sure it has at some point, probably even recently) as a more casual player who loves competitive melee, I'd love to see visible random character select in menu and turning off stages return. It isn't a big issue, but when my friends and I get together to play P:M we tend to go random character/random stage. If the PMBR has a preference to pure random then of course I understand, it's just that mostly everyone has characters/stages (75m) they would like to veto as much as possible, and one of my few complaints of demo 1 was how often we'd have to reset because of it.

Of course if this was to change I understand it is at the bottom of the priority list, I was just wondering what the current stance is on it/if someone could reiterate what the random stance will be in demo2. And since I made an account to say this anyway, I really appreciate everything the P:M team has done thus far and am really psyched for demo 2, as are a lot of people I know. So thanks guys!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You already can turn off stages in Brawl/Project M... It sounds like you haven't unlocked it?

Melee-esque random character select probably isn't possible in time for Demo 2 - We're already swamped with tasks that need to be done beforehand. It is an eventual goal, however.

Thanks for the appreciation. :)

Samus-T

Smash Lord
Can anyone post a good vid of lucario using his magic combos to full potential? I can't seem to find any :(

:phone:

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Tune into JCaesar's stream tomorrow afternoon / night, as Vanguard, who has a solid Lucario, should be there. Though, if you're desperate, try searching for some of Vanguard's and Vigilante's vids; if you're really patient, you could also try digging up some of SniperFox's old saved streams and weed out the footage of Fly's Lucario.

er, and to be fair, Lucario's metagame hasn't had much time to develop. Finding matches during which Lucario is "using his magic combos to full potential" is nigh impossible atm.

Revven

FrankerZ
I might be streaming tomorrow night, dunno for sure though as it depends on if I can get better quality going and/or we feel like playing Smash lol.

Not sure if I can get better quality though within a day, maybe I'll run some test streams tomorrow morning/afternoon?

Anyway, just thought you guys might want to know was all. Also not sure if we'll be clashing with JCaesar's potential stream but there you go.

Edit: Possibly stream other gaems too? I don't know, we'll see.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
if you're really patient, you could also try digging up some of SniperFox's old saved streams and weed out the footage of Fly's Lucario.\
My Lucario isn't the best one to watch for flashy magic series since I mostly stick to simple, reliable strings when I do land a hit. I do think it's the best Lucario you'll see at the moment in spite of that (get at my ego), though, and I'll probably have new footage of it within a couple weeks. All of the footage of my Lucario that is up is old, and both my competence with the character and the character itself have gotten better since then.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I might be streaming tomorrow night, dunno for sure though as it depends on if I can get better quality going and/or we feel like playing Smash lol.

Not sure if I can get better quality though within a day, maybe I'll run some test streams tomorrow morning/afternoon?

Anyway, just thought you guys might want to know was all. Also not sure if we'll be clashing with JCaesar's potential stream but there you go.

Edit: Possibly stream other gaems too? I don't know, we'll see.
Vanguard and 9K are coming over tomorrow, so yeah, we'll definitely be streaming, sorry.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
So I haven't had my whole texture pack / music on Brawl in a LONG time. So I decided to go back, look through it, clean it up, make everything Wifi compatible, and make it so it's not impossible to play teams on, so for Demo 2 I'd have my whole system up again.

God what the **** was my past self thinking. I have like Green textures on Red, Red textures on non-team slots with non-team colors on team color slots. Like half of my everything isn't Wifi compatible, some textures are just ugly as ****. I've spent 2 hours today re-organizing and changing textures, and I'm not close to done.

Edit: Took 3 and a half hours.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Why don't you guys just CONFIRM characters, even if you don't do the full writeups. Like just give us a character that is confirmed for Demo 2 every other day or something.

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
Why don't you guys just CONFIRM characters, even if you don't do the full writeups. Like just give us a character that is confirmed for Demo 2 every other day or something.
^This^

It would take two seconds to do. And no development time would be wasted because anyone could post a picture up. (Not that I thought it would be that hard to write up character information rather than sitting on your butt streaming for hours upon hours.)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Because that's all hype right at once.

We already have a plan for all that insta-hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom