• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
You guys need to quit this project unless you plan on releasing an update sometime within 2 months.

Otherwise, you guys have utterly wasted 2 years of your life on a project that nobody will be able to enjoy because you don't want to ruin a game because of updates.

Updates, or go home.

Flame me, do whatever, but I'm just being completely honest.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
You guys need to quit this project unless you plan on releasing an update sometime within 2 months.

Otherwise, you guys have utterly wasted 2 years of your life on a project that nobody will be able to enjoy because you don't want to ruin a game because of updates.

Updates, or go home.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Updates, or go home.

Don't worry guys he makes even worse posts in the Legion of Doom

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Well, then it's a good thing that they are.
That's all I want to know.

Good day.

EDIT: Yes, let's make a reference to things that I posted 3 years back when I was young.

Did you honestly expect me to come here and read up on this before asking questions?

jalued

Smash Lord
From this current discussion, I was wondering:

How would the backroom try to balance a character that has accidently become too strong (for example if zelda, rob or wario were unbeatable once the metagame developed) without angering players and changing the character's feel too much.

Would you apply small damage changes, or apply larger changes such as recovery, DI angles, lag on moves, hitbox changes etc?

9Kplus1

Smash Master
@Jalued- Why do you think we've been waiting for over a year for a second release? I'm very sure that the devs have already addressed each character's viability at this point -- be it unacceptably low, or far too high. You should also keep in mind that the "problems" with each character's ability will be resolved with user feedback (e.g damn near all of Mow's non-salty posts about P:M). In other words, it's unlikely that Project:M will get to that point.

@Serin- Go back to my basement. Your work is done here :bee:

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Heh, if P:M gave Bowser some kind of command grab system like -...

Not going to happen because afaik they're happy with Bowser right now.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
The recoveries are more easy to gimp than bad, really. But you can vary them up a bit, which makes the recovery/ledge game more interesting overall.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
Seems I've been asking a decent amount of questions lately, but I guess that's the effect of hype and you guys doing such a damn good job, eh?

Will ledge occupancy ever be identical to melee, where while you are rolling on the stage, the ledge is still consider occupied, or is this intentionally more brawl-like?

I can't be sure if this is incorporated as its something impossible to tell from streams, but is it possible to "shake out" of being in that tumbling air state after being hit by an attack, to regain control of your character sooner, like in melee?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Will ledge occupancy ever be identical to melee, where while you are rolling on the stage, the ledge is still consider occupied, or is this intentionally more brawl-like?

I can't be sure if this is incorporated as its something impossible to tell from streams, but is it possible to "shake out" of being in that tumbling air state after being hit by an attack, to regain control of your character sooner, like in melee?
We're still experimenting with ledge occupancy, although our current values are vastly more than Brawl's, while a bit less than Melee's seem to be working rather well. For the most part it only interferes with the laziest of Melee-style ledgehogging, while still keeping a vast majority of the utility.

tldr; it requires marginally more precision. Works well.

Wiggling out of tumble should be working like Melee. Not sure if we've broken down the exact formula and compared it, but I haven't heard many complaints about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom