• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starscream

Smash Ace
You know what? Samus should keep Other M rolls just so that when we use the Megaman X import model we don't see X turning into a Morph Ball. :p

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
1 more q:

Will the demo include the appropriate music tracks for the replaced stages? (Dracula's Castle, Fountain of Dreams, etc.)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
We don't have immediate plans to release music-packs, no. Perhaps if there were sufficient interest? It's not in the project aims to set a mandated set of aesthetics at the moment.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
I've got a real quick (and probably dumb) question here. Has there been a new version of the public demo since its original release? Again, sorry about this, it's just that I haven't been on this thread in ages so I would have been oblivious to any news of a demo update. Cheers.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I've got a real quick (and probably dumb) question here. Has there been a new version of the public demo since its original release? Again, sorry about this, it's just that I haven't been on this thread in ages so I would have been oblivious to any news of a demo update. Cheers.
No. We're planning one in less than three months.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
!

I suspected such shenanigans...
-------------
Is anyone else in favor of giving Lucas a few of his vBrawl traits back? I, personally, am not really fond of his abortion stick -- and would adore seeing his old Dair again.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Dair is the jumping axe-kick thing, I think.

I'm a fan of it over old dair. Jury is out on bair. It looks like a good move, but maybe the hitbox extends too far out?

Stick jab is bunk.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Stick jab looks funny, but from what I've seen so far, it's already a hell of a lot more useful than his previous jab.

The old one didn't always connect with the last hit and the stick lifts the opponent. Lifting moves are usually a plus.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Stick jab looks funny, but from what I've seen so far, it's already a hell of a lot more useful than his previous jab.

The old one didn't always connect with the last hit and the stick lifts the opponent. Lifting moves are usually a plus.
Actually, his previous jab was better, but it was way too good. Still, he needs an effective jab reset, and the abortion stick may not be final. He's still being designed.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
ST and I can try and stream tomorrow. Don't what time it would be though. We have work and homework to do tomorrow, so I would imagine it would be late afternoon or early evening.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Minor balance question: I don't expect anything to come of it, but I just thought it'd be interesting to get people's opinions.

Most characters, when in special fall, have a landing animation that can't be l-cancled (especially Shiek and Marth, who both have animations that last like a full second), but the space animals have almost none. How much of a nerf would it be to make it so after doing a fire fox or any other special fall move there's at least a half second of landing animation like anyone else?

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I agree with him, it really is pretty ridiculous that Spacies have so little landing lag out of special fall, especially Falco whose main weakness is supposed to be a very poor recovery.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Personally I think it would be a better idea to just make everyone else's landing animation out of special fall faster. Either that or make it lcancelable, whichever the BR feels is better.

:phone:

metroid1117

Smash Master
Minor balance question: I don't expect anything to come of it, but I just thought it'd be interesting to get people's opinions.

Most characters, when in special fall, have a landing animation that can't be l-cancled (especially Shiek and Marth, who both have animations that last like a full second), but the space animals have almost none. How much of a nerf would it be to make it so after doing a fire fox or any other special fall move there's at least a half second of landing animation like anyone else?
Considering that they're light characters in terms of weight, easy to combo, and that their up+Bs have a relatively long start-up, it would be a huge nerf to them. I personally think spacies should be unchanged, and that seems to be the principle that the PMBR is withholding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom