• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude

This for P:M please.

EDIT: Dammit, why can't I remember how to do spoiler tags?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I think it's weird how some characters that never get talked about and rarely show up on streams end up on some people's speculated roster lists for Demo 2. We'd probably be familiar with all the characters in the demo because of how much information has been shared about them.

jalued

Smash Lord
I think it's weird how some characters that never get talked about and rarely show up on streams end up on some people's speculated roster lists for Demo 2. We'd probably be familiar with all the characters in the demo because of how much information has been shared about them.
most characters regularly seen on the stream are expected. A few are rarely seen but from what we know, pikachu, DK, diddy and possibly luigi are completed, but no one streams with them so we wouldnt know :/

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Aside from tripping being techable, and Barrel Rocket being a little bit easier to sweetspot, nothing has been done to Diddy that I know of. He's definitely not ready for release, not even in demo form.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
He got a sex kick bair, he's limited to one banana, and I think someone said something about wanting to make his dash attack able to roll off the stage. The PMBR (or random people) were saying that Diddy probably made the best transition out of all of the Brawl newcomers.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'd disagree pretty heartily with that. Monkey Flip's handling is even worse in the Melee mechanics, his nair and uair don't do knockback that suits his horizontal focus, his usmash doesn't do much at all, and his utilt doesn't have enough knockback to have much impact. The number of tweaks that needed (and still need) to be made to Diddy reveal how much of a Brawl character he is.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Awww.

I was really hoping I'd be able to run a side tourney at Revival of Salt in February if it released early.

Time to bug Rikana I guess.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I'd disagree pretty heartily with that. Monkey Flip's handling is even worse in the Melee mechanics, his nair and uair don't do knockback that suits his horizontal focus, his usmash doesn't do much at all, and his utilt doesn't have enough knockback to have much impact. The number of tweaks that needed (and still need) to be made to Diddy reveal how much of a Brawl character he is.
I've been thinking, what makes a character brawl-like other than having the same moveset as that game? Probably not being able to combo well or create pressure would be considered brawl.

Also, it feels like many brawlers are half-*** in their design compared to the mostly solid melee cast excepting characters like bowser or zelda. I'm not even talking balance, just the concept and execution of the moveset.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I disagree with that. I think characters, for the most part, are executed fairly well in Brawl. Definitely not any less so than Melee, barring MK. Kind of subjective though, so whatever.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Character concepts in Brawl are actually pretty well executed in all honesty. It's some things which seem like relatively last minute decisions imo that completely ruined the game, like Momentum Cancelling, the level of shield stun, grab release animations, inability to DI nontumble kb, and random tripping. I mean I would be able to deal with the floatiness if nothing else. But everything just compounds each other and completely ruins the game.

Also ftr Doc, Roy, Falco, Ganon, Pichu, and Young Link are all perfectly executed in Melee, if only because they're "x character but faster/slower/stronger/weaker"

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
A character that's well executed in Brawl isn't necessarily well-executed if ported directly to a Melee environment. The two games have different goals as far as where you want your opponent to go when you hit them, and where you want them to be before you attack them. A moveset that complements a brawl character's goals may totally overlook what the same character's goals would be in Melee. Brawl Diddy is a very good character in Brawl, but the Melee mechanics change his priorities, and some of his moves become less conducive to that playstyle.

iLink

Smash Champion
Why peach? Last I checked, she didn't make the cut because they couldn't get her turnips to work like melee. This is still the issue afaik.

I can see them finishing Snake and Sonic by the end of March.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I think the only thing brawl gets credit for in my book is action specific specific IASA. Too bad Sakurai didn't actually utilize it.
Then it doesn't get credit for it. But didn't Melee already have jump cancels and shield cancels or do those not count?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
If Brawl deserves any credit, it's not leaning on clones too much and at least trying to make Ganondorf feel different.
Melee was made in 18 months and Sakurai was doing something around 18 hour work days. His "leaning on clones" was probably related to time constraints, and in that regard, I am freaking impressed considering the only clones that play fundamentally identical were Dr. Mario and Mario.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I shudder to think what Sakurai thinks will make Brawl "better". Almost everyone gave the guy a pass for how long he took to deliver shiny new mediocrity, and according to that article it was even voted best Wii game by fanboys. So he probably doesn't really understand how to improve his product beyond a few possible concessions to the fanbase.

Thank god for P:M. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom