• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
So far we know that ROB and Mario will be in Demo 2.

Also probably the top/high tiers from Melee, at least the ones that were in Demo 1.
I'm getting the vibe that a lot of characters I see on stream all the time aren't gonna be in, which is pretty depressing. :c

I can think of only 4 characters that shouldn't be in.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I feel that the roster is gonna be really small for demo 2, as I've seen the equivilant to "lower your expectations" from a few pmbr members.

jalued

Smash Lord
Sonic, Lucas, Ivy, IC's, Olimar, and MK are all still very incubator, DeDeDe is hardly touched, and everyone forgets Pikachu exists. Even you, the one reading this, forgot about Pikachu until now.
haha i actually hadnt, but no one in the backroom really plays him. Maybe he will be released just so that he is played :p

There is also luigi (unknown), squirtle and snake who will probably not be in the second demo.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I was actually just thinking about Pikachu. And I don't think Sonic or Lucas are nearly as unstable as the other 4 you mentioned.

And Max you can't lost a match by going for the balloon silly, that's like saying you lost by defeating your enemy.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Pikachu was too awesome in Smash 64 to be forgotten.

But if he hasn't been worked on to the point where he's on close footing with the Melee high tiers, it'd be better to leave him out of demo 2. Quite looking forward to the rat either way.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
Personally I'd say the roster would be something like this:

- All Demo 1 chars which were in Melee
- Peach
- Donkey K
- Yoshi
- Samus
- Wario
- TL
- ROB
- Ike
- Charizard
- Squirtle
- ZSS
- Sonic

I don't think Lucario will make it because his playstyle is so completely different that it will take a while for the PMBR to be sure that top Lucario play won't be greater than everyone else given the nature of his learning curve.

Snake and Lucas seem to be fairly experimental again so I don't think they'll make the cut

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
they need to put lucario in demo 2 cause honestly, and no offense, the PMBR dont look like they use him to his full potential yet. Also since hes new, high level melee players aren't going to jump to play him seriously too much . I think some random fan will show what cario can really do.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I remember shanus saying he'd try and get Lucario in the demo a long time ago (by the time OHC Lucario was shown for the first time). I really hope Lucario's in.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Could we get a list of characters that are most likely going to be in demo 2? We have been starved of information

I assume all demo 1 chars maybe minus lucas are a given, and JCaesar pretty much confirmed ROB. But who else?

Wario seems very likely

Revven

FrankerZ
Could we get a list of characters that are most likely going to be in demo 2? We have been starved of information
No, any information we'd give pertaining to this has a chance of not being true when we would release. We don't want to disappoint people by making empty promises just to keep ya'll satisfied with some kind of "info" that may not hold up at all.

We won't be dropping any info on the demo exactly until we are completely sure that we'll be able to "guarantee" the content. And yes, this even includes stages. If you recall, you didn't get info on characters or stages included in last year's demo until really close to its release by about a week or two...

You may assume or speculate as you wish, but we won't be confirming or denying any of it.

Ecks

Smash Lord
That kinda was the point. LOL

I bet Mario and Fox will be in it too! Oh, and Final Destination! :awesome:

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
There are very few charcters they play on streams that have been consistant for a very long time. Even Samus lately has been experimented with with the new rolls. And kirby with fair.

My guesses would be characters that havent changed for a good portion of time.

characters like:
Melee Vets like:
Fox, Shiek, Falco, Jiggz, Mario, Link, C.Falcon, Ganondorf, Marth

Then add like: ROB, Wario, Ness, Bowser, Peach, maybe Zelda.

Those are the only character i would "expect" quote unqoute. Everyone else seems to be experimental or being tinkered.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
Do we have an approximate date of when the demo will come out? Not asking for details but like before summer orrr before the end of winter?

:phone:

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
According to Shadic, a 100% chance of Demo 2 before April.

There are very few charcters they play on streams that have been consistant for a very long time. [...] My guesses would be characters that havent changed for a good portion of time.
That's what I expect as well. However, I think Zelda would be a given for Demo 2, and Ike has been pretty consistent for a while now, so I think he has a good chance of making it in as well. Peach still has some issues afaik, so I have my doubts that she'll be in.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Personally I'd say the roster would be something like this:

- All Demo 1 chars which were in Melee
- Peach
- Donkey K
- Yoshi
- Samus
- Wario
- TL
- ROB
- Ike
- Charizard
- Squirtle
- ZSS
- Sonic
This plus Ness, Lucario and Luigi.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
I really don't know about Ness, I haven't seen that much of him lately.

The same goes for Luigi and I'm not sure what the PMBR will give him after Mario got all the cool past stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom