• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Random confirmed for demo 2, they haven't tweaked him in a while, pretty stable IMO.
Actually he's gonna get the most tweaks, depending on how the roster changes between Demo 1 and Demo 2.

I still think that he'll be stable enough to stay in though.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
Nah, Random isn't close enough to his melee playstyle. Instead of moving your button to a random character, you don't get to find out your fate until the match starts. I'm gonna need a source on where Random is confirmed, otherwise I just can't believe you. :awesome:

rk-9000

Smash Apprentice
Nah, Random isn't close enough to his melee playstyle. Instead of moving your button to a random character, you don't get to find out your fate until the match starts. I'm gonna need a source on where Random is confirmed, otherwise I just can't believe you. :awesome:
in melee the random button was invisible on the sides of the css below yl or falco. Random's playstyle is actually exactly like it was in melee so i think hes as good as confirmed for demo 2

9Kplus1

Smash Master
You guys never cease to suck the life out of mediocre jokes...

Neeway, anyone wanna talk about how interesting ROB is? I'm certainly going to pick him up in the near future.

Yeah, Brett; I lied. ROB is awesome after a few warm-up matches.

:phone:

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I really don't know about Ness, I haven't seen that much of him lately.

The same goes for Luigi and I'm not sure what the PMBR will give him after Mario got all the cool past stuff.
Some of the stuff I would like to see for Luigi would be:
1. A better semi-spike property on the back of uair

2. Less cool down on fireball (The projectile seems more of something that could potentially force a jump whereas Mario's can approach)

3. Have Down-B make him drill toward the ground if performed while airborne. This may be a head scratcher, but Luigi could use some kind of effective way to get back on the ground if he is every caught in the air/ after an air combo

4. Special fall should be directional after Up-B (compensate for loss of recovery options with down-b)

5. side-b should be cancelable by up-b to compensate for loss of recovery options with down b. If its possible to code, players should be able to choose when to misfire by double tapping B, but it could have a passive recharge like Wario Waft.

6. Luigi could use some kind of way to cancel momentum during wavedash. Right now, his wavedash is too big for spacing. Its 100% movement. If its possible to give him some kind of momentum stopping property for one of his attacks for spacing, that would be perfect.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
What, does Star Trek own the word "assimilate" or something?

Neko, you're not a meatbag, you're a furry.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
My Little Peefy: Saltship is Mad Sick.
I approve of this, please make pilot episode.

BTW guys, I know there are tons of streamers so I'm sure you get all the PM you could hope for. Regardless, I would like to be streaming to you, but right now I don't have a TV and IDK how I'm going to get one here. Not to mention, it would probably be black and white anyway unless I found one compatible with NTSC. =[

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'm not a furry lool and I don't like furry sections.

Also zss isn't that hard. Just make sure to finish your food once you start a juggle. And never be afraid to try up b finishers off stage, tho never do more than one and make sure you have a dj if you're not super high up.

And blaster is a mediocre projectile zoning tool, but if it hits, its amazing.

:phone: :: Tapatalk Android App

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Personally I'd say the roster would be something like this:

- All Demo 1 chars which were in Melee
- Peach
- Donkey K
- Yoshi
- Samus
- Wario
- TL
- ROB
- Ike
- Charizard
- Squirtle
- ZSS
- Sonic

I don't think Lucario will make it because his playstyle is so completely different that it will take a while for the PMBR to be sure that top Lucario play won't be greater than everyone else given the nature of his learning curve.

Snake and Lucas seem to be fairly experimental again so I don't think they'll make the cut
Definately have my doubts about Samus, Peach, Squirtle and Yoshi. Maybe TL and DK as well.

I think it'd benefit the development of PM as a whole if Lucario was part of Demo 2. Since he is so unique, letting the public get a handle of him would likely faciliate the balancing process. Besides, if somehow he is just too good/bad, it'll probably take a few months for that to become apparent. Better to discover that earlier than in a beta.

I'm guessing it'd be in their best interest to put him in. Unless he's gone back to the incubator a lot recently.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
DK is "high-tier" solid

What could prevent him from being in Demo 2 ?_?

@ the below - Ness can charge yo-yo on the ledge in Brawl; however, downward-angled Ftilt, PKT1, PK Fire, and the now good PK Flash are much better options, not to mention easier to pull off. Ledge yo-yo is useful for *******s trying to plank, though.

MaxThunder

PM Support
ness yo-yos... in melee i know you just instantly do the smash attack if the yo-yo goes out of an edge or something... but doesn't it stay outand fall down in brawl?... does the hitboxes on the yo-yo start further down then?... if so that could help edge guarding maybe?...

Edit: i see... well imma use the yo-yos a lot anyways=)...

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
DK is "high-tier" solid

What could prevent him from being in Demo 2 ?_?

@ the below - Ness can charge yo-yo on the ledge in Brawl; however, downward-angled Ftilt, PKT1, PK Fire, and the now good PK Flash are much better options, not to mention easier to pull off. Ledge yo-yo is useful for *******s trying to plank, though.
I'm not sure about that. I've always thought that dsmash was pretty good at edgeguarding.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I'm not sure about that. I've always thought that dsmash was pretty good at edgeguarding.

Use Tail Whip more gdi

I never said that Dsmash is bad, btw :awesome:

@Crispy: Tune into streams more often. While a lot of things being streamed are subject to change -- well, everything is -- it's a very good opportunity to see which characters are stable. Matter of fact, you can just ask the PMBR member streaming about whether or not a particular character will be getting any (large) changes in the future -- and get an immediate response. DK was played a ****ton in PEEF's stream a while ago; and having played against the ***muffin myself, it's safe to say that DK, while definitely not finished, is passable for a slot in Demo 2.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Kirby b moves work like brawl atm, so its not really spammable lol.

Also, planning on streaming the lab tonight.

Keep your eyes peeled and your people updated.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
@Crispy: Tune into streams more often. While a lot of things being streamed are subject to change -- well, everything is -- it's a very good opportunity to see which characters are stable. Matter of fact, you can just ask the PMBR member streaming about whether or not a particular character will be getting any (large) changes in the future -- and get an immediate response. DK was played a ****ton in PEEF's stream a while ago; and having played against the ***muffin myself, it's safe to say that DK, while definitely not finished, is passable for a slot in Demo 2.
I watch the streams too. But the team has said that Youtube is where they publicize the stuff in PM that is relatively stable (at least at that point in development).

Could just be that the people that regularly upload there play DK less.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Only real dk in the br is strong_bad

So its very rare you see dk on the yt channel.

He's one of the characters that have been stable fo the longest lol.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
ness yo-yos... in melee i know you just instantly do the smash attack if the yo-yo goes out of an edge or something... but doesn't it stay outand fall down in brawl?... does the hitboxes on the yo-yo start further down then?... if so that could help edge guarding maybe?...

Edit: i see... well imma use the yo-yos a lot anyways=)...
Fun fact about Ness' yoyo, in version 1.0 of melee, he was able to charge his yoyo off the ledge, it however was removed from all subsequent versions of melee, like bowser's Flame cancel:(.

Also in Brawl you cant properly chage his yoyo over the ledge, you HAVE to do a running usmash and slide in order to charge his yoyo off the edge. You can't stand by the ledge and simply usmash and hold the charge.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Fun fact about Ness' yoyo, in version 1.0 of melee, he was able to charge his yoyo off the ledge, it however was removed from all subsequent versions of melee, like bowser's Flame cancel:(.

Also in Brawl you cant properly chage his yoyo over the ledge, you HAVE to do a running usmash and slide in order to charge his yoyo off the edge. You can't stand by the ledge and simply usmash and hold the charge.
i'm pretty sure i have done that in brawl by just standing by the ledge....

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
The yo-yo has to have already reached the charging portion of its animation before it goes off the ledge in order to charge while off the ledge. He doesn't necessarily have to be running for that to happen, but he does have to be moving or it will either- charge right at the tip of the ledge, or simply release and do the attack if he's too close to the ledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom