• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Group 1
Battlefield
Pokemon 2
Smashville
FoD
Dreamland 64
Yoshi;s Story

Group 2
Final D
Halberd
Warioware
Yoshi;s Island Brawl
Pokemon 1
Pictoplus

Group 3
Kongo Jungle
SSE:J
Delfino
Skyworld
Rumble Falls
Hyrule 64

Group 4
Metal Cavern
Green Hill
Temple:M
Onett
Corneria
Brinstar
new stage list

iLink

Smash Champion
FD not a starter? You should have it as a starter for a 7 stage strike system.

You are also missing some stages like lylat, frigate, castle seige and castlevania

And pirate ship.

Personally I wouldnt mind doing this but there are variables in deciding what gets grouped where and I could make arguments on why some if those would be moved around.

:phone:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
FD not a starter? You should have it as a starter for a 7 stage strike system.

You are also missing some stages like lylat, frigate, castle seige and castlevania

And pirate ship.

Personally I wouldnt mind doing this but there are variables in deciding what gets grouped where and I could make arguments on why some if those would be moved around.

FD shouldnt be a starter. It's a CP.

It's heavily prone to camping and CGs. It's almost always banned when counter picking or stage striking for the 1st match, and there are stage more worthy of being a starter.

No one in SoVa like's lylat. Frigate and Siege were voted out by majority. Dracula's Castle is too big. Bigger than Dreamland or SSE:J lol.

As for the starter. we can just move a stage into another group and remove a stage from that same group.

Also, ill be streaming soon.

Group 1
Battlefield
Pokemon 2
Smashville
Dreamland 64
Yoshis Story

Group 2
Final D
Halberd
Warioware
Yoshi;s Island Brawl
Pokemon 1
FoD

Group 3
Kongo Jungle
SSE:J
Delfino
Skyworld
Rumble Falls
Pictoplus

Group 4
Metal Cavern
Green Hill
Temple:M
Onett
Corneria
Hyrule 64

new list.

iLink

Smash Champion
Not liking a stage isnt reason for not including it. If it were up to me, i would have most of group 4 gone.

Just saying.

FD is still very much a viable starter depending on the characters. If it seems to favor a character, it will probably get striked so that shouldnt be a problem.

G

genkaku

Dracula is still ******** huge?
I thought that someone was going to fix that months ago.

iLink

Smash Champion
I could make the claim that YI will always be striked against marth.

Snake will always want to strike dreamland because a lot of his killing power is vertical.

The fact is that there will always be neutral stages that some characters just wont want. FD has always been a nuetral for that reason.

The stage strike system lets it not be an issue and having 7 starters isnt a bad thing at all.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Falco does a lot better on stages like Battlefield and YS since he has platforms to work with, so I'm not sure what you mean Matt.

As far as HAVING to strike

Dreamland- Peach, Jigglypuff, Samus, and anyone else that recovers high really well

Marth/Bowser/Falco Story

are the first two that come to mind.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
There is a reason that it was said for Brawl: It's because a flat stage heavily favors chain grabs and projectiles, more so than stages with platforms favor any other tactics besides possible circle camping (which is based on too many other factors to really count)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
FD is a terrible starter and shouldnt be one.

And if no one in a region wants to play on a stage, why make it legal.

Kink-Link you make me sad lol.

iLink

Smash Champion
But this isnt brawl. The only character I can think of that would always want FD is ice climbers.

The fact that you guys dont think FD is a starter really makes me question your abilities. Give me one good reason why it shouldnt be.

Also LOL at not wanting to play a universal ruleset. Playing with different metagames is not how you play a competitive game.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Uhh. It's heavily biased towards camping, heavy heavy defensive play, and chaingrabs. Heavily. Heavily biased.

there are BETTER starters that are less biased towards any type/specific character, especially with 20-30+ stages.

Like the amount of times that FD is used as a CP.

And is banned more often than other starters and as much as some CPs.

There is no reason why FD should be a starter.

Reasons of "well this stage favors that character" are far less extreme than FD in many chases and MUs.

The bias FD has towards CGs/overly defensive/campers, especially campers, is far greater due to the larger amount of characters in P:M as well.

FD is one of the stages that affects MUs more and more often.

**** having this **** as a starter.

5 is fine.

iLink

Smash Champion
Really? You can do that on every other stage. There is a reason we have multiple starters and not just one neutral stage. Which character are you getting camped/cg'd by that makes it that bad for you?

Cp YI for favoring close quarters.

Cp dreamland for its large size and blastzone.

Cp Smashville for platform camping.

Really now you guys lol

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
so how much work on wolf has been done? like how close to done is he? what has been changed? ect ect (questions i am sure have been asked a million times b4 about others and maybe wolf as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom