• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Yeah there's a reason we're not actually showing MK off. There's also like four different versions we're doing with, so I can't even comment on which one.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
I like Kink's animation for a Wolf fsmash. It's a step up from the twitchy vBrawl animation.

As far as most other suggestions are going, it looks like you people are suggesting making Wolf fit the typical space animal mold. I wouldn't be against a small change in that direction just to pay homage to his roots, but only do so to replace a move that looks bad or functions bad rather than just for the hell of it.

Look at the vBrawl usmash animation. It made Wolf look like a breakdancer rather than a feral beast. I understand that being changed. Moves should only be changed if their purpose needs to be reconsidered for the overall flow of the character, or if the graphics look ********.

The only aerial that Wolf has that i'm not particularly fond of style-wise is his nair. I just don't think "beast" when i see Wolf doing his best impersonation of Samus' morph ball crossed with a Sonic spindash. Don't get me wrong, Wolf's nair is a good move: it ties into a dsmash fairly easily and is balanced by its predictability in approach to punish via block+grab.

tl;dr - I wouldn't mind Wolf honoring his background with a fox/falco sex kick

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Don't listen to him Wolf's Nair is too sexy

Also Wolf's FSmash is the best. New animation ideas are cool but old FSmash is so usable :3

I think if I end up going to these more often a lot more Wolf will be on stream. He is a sexy demon.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
So real talk:

What do you want the next dmeo CSS to look like?

Here are the choices:

A) Fabulous Falcon colours, simple CSS.
B) My Little Pony: Friendship is magic themed
C) Lucas VS the world CSS. One big Lucas icon and all of the other tiny weakling around him.
D) Peefsmash. Replace every icon by PEEF's face. We at the PMBR would like to encourage reading.

Okay, jokes aside, U-tilt, how did you like your first visit at a legion fest? I know you didn't stay long enough to fully enjoy it but hey.

D

Deleted member

as far as i know, i was the only (black) falco on the stream.

and i'm the king of all haters.

i only went to this cause thunderhorse promised me that we'd not play smash and instead play the DBZ card game.

which is in fact much more fun than smash.

squirtle is a ****ing *******.

MaxThunder

PM Support
So real talk:

Here are the choices:

C) Lucas VS the world CSS. One big Lucas icon and all of the other tiny weakling around him.
D) Peefsmash. Replace every icon by PEEF's face. We at the PMBR would like to encourage reading.

Okay, jokes aside, U-tilt, how did you like your first visit at a legion fest? I know you didn't stay long enough to fully enjoy it but hey.
I'd like either B or D... can't decide really...

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
So since he's equipped with a survival knife now...
What do you guys think about Snake slitting throats during down throw?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
No dumb ****, it's F angled D-tilt, not D angled F-tilt. A FD-tilt if you will. Not a DF-tilt. You see a DF-tilt is between 3 and 6 while a FD-tilt is between 2 and 3. 23 and 36 are as different as 21 and 14, and if you do a FD-tilt, it's like doing a BD-tilt backwards so a 24 436 241 BFF 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Yes, yes.

It's goofy and out of place, imo. I felt like I was watching a CRAB BATTLE every time it came out and not in the good way. Like if two dying crabs were trying to escape from each other but kept sadly running into the other instead and then they died and got covered in poop right after.

Also, it should be "Learning the Bair Essentials - With your host Fox".

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
"I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work." - Snake.

Also guys, Snake should have an eye patch. More of a pirate that way :troll:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Late as hell but

It was really fun. Really cool to actually see everyone and just chill playing PM. Will do again :3

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Yes, yes.

It's goofy and out of place, imo. I felt like I was watching a CRAB BATTLE every time it came out and not in the good way. Like if two dying crabs were trying to escape from each other but kept sadly running into the other instead and then they died and got covered in poop right after.

why else do you think that the knife tilt is called "crab tilt"

and its also a really good shield poking tool

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Yes, yes.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
So real talk:

Here are the choices:

E. Character icons are all sized to-scale based on the characters' canon sizes (in thier own universe, not Smash).

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
So.

I'd like to share this with everyone.

this is my stage list AND Counterpicking system.

Group 1 - Starters
Battlefield
Pokemon 2
Smashville
FoD
Dreamland 64

Group 2 - Semi-Starters (aka could be starters, but better of as CPs)
Final D
Halberd
Warioware
Yoshi;s Island Brawl
Pokemon 1

Group 3 - Large Stages
Kongo Jungle
SSE:J
Delfino
Skyworld
Rumble Falls

Group 4 - Extreme CPs
Metal Cavern
Green Hill
Temple:M
Onett
Corneria
This is how my counter pick system works.

Player A and B are playing a set. The 1st group is only allowed for starting a set, so they will ban from the 5 starts as per usual. 1-2-1. The 1st match is played on the remaining starter.

Player B loses, so then after the match, Player A will ban a GROUP. Let's say he bans group 3. Now, player B can chose 1 group from the remaining groups, 1,2, or 4.

Let's say he picks group 2.

Now the stages and group 1 and 4 are no now essentially for this match. Meaning there are now only 5 stages left.

Now player A will ban 1 stage from group 2. Leaving 4 stages.

Now player B will pick from 1 of the 4 stages.

And the play.

Rinse and repeat until set is complete.

Now what this system does is allow a huge variety of stages, by prevents stage bans from being nullified by other stages. It gives players a larger selection of stages that will help them in their sets and gives them more to learn as a player, since there are more stages. It doesnt take much more time vs normal CPing, and operates the same way as normal CPing.

I've already tested this with my crew, as well as made this stage list with their input and it went down flawlessly and allowed players who have knowledge of their characters AND stages to shine. I've also brought up this system with all the P:M players AND Melee-only players in SoVa and they all love how this CP system works. So i thought i'd share it here.

Grouping the stages isnt actually vary hard once you start looking at similar attributes between the stages, as you've seen above.

I want everyone who still plays the PM Demo to try out this CP system and give your thoughts on it.

It's pretty much the same CP system with like 2 extra steps involved and added time, but the pros is a much larger stage list that isnt plagued with the problem of a stage ban being invalidated by a similar stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom