• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Is it me or is the list of Known Issues at the start of the thread getting shorter? :p

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
that was fun.

shoutouts to caboose holding **** down when serious.
shoutouts to tails.
shoutouts to serious P:M discussion between me/jim/caboose

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Guys , what's your/the definition of a scrub? There's confusion about whether it just means noob or "a person who claims that mechanics that make the game difficult are cheap and enforces his ideal playstyle on other people so that he can win."

9Kplus1

Smash Master
"Peef"

I mean... a "scrub" is a person who claims to be skilled at something that they obviously are not. A scrub can also be defined as an egotistical person who is ignorant to the obvious truth (e.g "Traditional fighters are good").

On a much better note, I'm trying to get Xenoblade via USBLoader. +1?

:phone:

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I think scrubs are just bad at the game.
"9kplus1"

People that act good but are not are fakes.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
"Peef"

I mean... a "scrub" is a person who claims to be skilled at something that they obviously are not. A scrub can also be defined as an egotistical person who is ignorant to the obvious truth (e.g "Traditional fighters are good").

On a much better note, I'm trying to get Xenoblade via USBLoader. +1?

buy the game. :|

Also.

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html

The derogatory term “scrub” means several different things. One definition is someone (especially a game player) who is not good at something (especially a game). By this definition, we all start out as scrubs, and there is certainly no shame in that. I mean the term differently, though. A scrub is a player who is handicapped by self-imposed rules that the game knows nothing about. A scrub does not play to win. [...]
EDIT:

PS @ 9kplus1. Spindash WD is not bad against spacies. ON the flipside. It gives Sonic lots of reset opportunities. :3

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I was kinda trolling, but thanks for the info! I'm probably never going to mess around with Sonic, so it's great to know that spindash ***** spacies, regardless of DI.

btw can I use your duck? :V

Ecks

Smash Lord
Scrubs is a TV show that was pretty good.

And I still have my Superman64 copy. I don't like going near it and often pretend it doesn't exist.

\Project M Thread.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
For the record, I played Superman 64 more often than Brawl.

It also looks like Sonic can finally fight decently now.

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
So one thing I noticed both in streams and playing around in the demo for a bit is that a lot of "general moving around" sounds are a lot louder in Brawl and Project: M than in Melee. By "general moving around" sounds I mean things like the start of a dash, rolls, jumps (not including special jump sounds like sonic/mario/ice climbers etc.), even some tilts and aerials when they don't connect make some really loud sounds. With the fast game pace of melee this adds up to a lot of meaningless cacophony and is a far cry from the clean meaningful sound design found in melee. Is it possible for the BR to adjust the volume of individual sound effects? If so Id recommend taking a look at a lot of these sounds and adjusting them accordingly.

jalued

Smash Lord
So one thing I noticed both in streams and playing around in the demo for a bit is that a lot of "general moving around" sounds are a lot louder in Brawl and Project: M than in Melee. By "general moving around" sounds I mean things like the start of a dash, rolls, jumps (not including special jump sounds like sonic/mario/ice climbers etc.), even some tilts and aerials when they don't connect make some really loud sounds. With the fast game pace of melee this adds up to a lot of meaningless cacophony and is a far cry from the clean meaningful sound design found in melee. Is it possible for the BR to adjust the volume of individual sound effects? If so Id recommend taking a look at a lot of these sounds and adjusting them accordingly.
i agree, i know it sounds nit picky, but sound is important for the feel of the game

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Speaking of sounds... are there any plans to implement Melee SFX to each character? Maybe you guys could give lazy Riivolution users such as myself the brsar file? Doubt that it would make the crowd reliant on Riivoultion, so I don't see the harm tbh.

MrZeddEX

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I just found out about those forums and I just want to take the time to tell how infinite fun me and my friends are getting playing P:M, It's always cool to look up new characters on JCeasar's youtube and play with good gameplay/graphics. Thanks so much about this... I hope you guys find the time to wrap this up and post the full version or a new demo =D

Thanks, ZeddEX

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Well, we've already tried to replicate melee SFX using Brawl's SFX choices on a few moves such as Falco's dair. However, I doubt there will ever be a .brsar put out by the PMBR. Other people, however, can easily make their own .brsar and put it up for use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom