• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
IRC is not a good tool for discussion.

Like it's nice for general chitchat, but for serious discussion, not only is it a cluster****, but there is no way to sync the discussion with boards and ****.

So unless everyone is on the same topic, IRC is terrible for **** like that. And the only way everyone is on the same page, is if there is a small amount of people talking and someone is leading the channel topic.

I do think that character threads with basic discussion that encourage players to go to the forums on smashmods is the way to go.
Yeah, I had to go back and think about the IRC thing. Even when I use it, it's mostly used to facilitate quick discussions so it seems to fit more towards small character discussions or something similar rather than wide open Gen. Discussion. Glad we agree about the smashmods thing though.

9001 is an A+ poster, btw.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
There is a decent chance of a stream with Reneblade tonight. I hate going so long without being able to stream to you guys =[

EDIT: 8:30 Eastern looks like its gonna happen.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Why so much hate for the lil guy?
Because his potential scares me and his moveset annoys me. I hate being tripped on a regular basis. ****'s gay. And i dont know how to consistantly catch blocked nanners, so that's going to be a pain in the *** as well.

Plus he's got good combos/juggles and poor edgeguarding = side b meteor. :|

9k+1: Good poster by day, stream monster by night.
Monsterin' Streams by moonlight
Postin' well by daylight
Never absent from a stream night.
He is the one called 9kplus1
He will...never turn his back on a stream.
His... trolling skills are pristine.
He is... a godlike fiend.
He is the one called 9kplus1.

JOE!

Smash Hero
So, Samus cant SWD in this, right? Are there plans for trying to put it in or is it not necessary?

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Thanks for the... compliments ?_?
Ode to 9k+1

sailor moon theme is music
Pbfft, this is the music. This works too, but with it, my interest in women would seem... nonexistent at that point >.>

9K+1 is my new favorite poster. Come play P:M with us dood.

:phone:
If one of you has no problem picking me up from the Metro, sure. I won't have a ride for a few weeks :urg:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
The last stream had a good amount of samus.

Actually every time Jim is on my stream, there is samus.

he's a melee samus main and a P:M zard main.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I watch streams but never see samus
In the most recent (saved) stream, there was actually quite a bit of Samus, and Jim did a fair amount of SWDing. Matter of fact, I can recall Neko complaining about not being able to SWD, as well as someone in the chat saying that Neko has a terrible Samus (although, Neko was trying get used to Samus, because her physics and moveset differ greatly from the characters he usually plays).

EDIT: Ninja'd... gdi >_>

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
It's not even that. It's just that I'm use to Brawl+ samus as that's the only version of samus that i've given signifficant play time so i just instinctively try to play her like that.

if i do play samus more, it'll have a very unorthodox playstyle as a result that focuses heavily on distanced poking.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
It's not even that. It's just that I'm use to Brawl+ samus as that's the only version of samus that i've given signifficant play time so i just instinctively try to play her like that.

if i do play samus more, it'll have a very unorthodox playstyle as a result that focuses heavily on distanced poking.
Ah. My mistake, then.
figures the latest stream has tons of samus.. lol

got a link to it? :p
http://www.twitch.tv/ghneko/b/304256540

PEEF!

Smash Hero
To me, this sounds like the most orthodox Samus playstyle there is.

Don't forget, 3 hours until Melee and Project:M stream with Reneblade, I'll be excited to take requests =]

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
To me, this sounds like the most orthodox Samus playstyle there is.

Don't forget, 3 hours until Melee and Project:M stream with Reneblade, I'll be excited to take requests =]
Yeah. that's true. but there is no way i can play the way other samus players play.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I've been thinking after seeing Lucas a bit on streams, and in my opinion his new bair looks kind of awkward. I like the idea behind it and the mechanics of the move but the animation is a bit clunky.

I think something cool you could do would be to have it look like arrows going out of his foot, so that it looks like the animations for PK Offense/Defense Up/Down in Mother 3. I don't know if this is possible, but I think it could look nice. Blue or Orange, it doesn't really matter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJqbRsTNn88&feature=related 5:06 till the end for reference.

G

genkaku

I just star KOed a falco and then sacred combo'ed my teammate before the falco died off the top.
just thought I would share, 'cause you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom