• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
There should be a black woman texture for Glitch Nana.

Onto Snake, is his "Crab-tilt" staying in? I think it's hilarious. And I think his cypher should do Falco laser type stun so it doesn't screw up uair hits. I saw Neko raging about a missed hit haha. Speaking of uair is it still 2 hits? I never see it whenever I watch a stream.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
And as far as I know, Zap Jump on Lucas is gone.
This is ridiculous in my opinion, it's a great tech that adds depth to Lucas's recovery game. I don't know why the PMBR would intentionally remove something like that. It's not like it's broken, it forces him to recover high, which means he can't take advantage of the ledge, and he has to have his second jump in order to even do it.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
It may be out simply because of what they had to do to make DJC available. And frankly, the options provided by being able to control DJC vastly outweigh the options provided by zap jump.

At least as long as Lucas retains the qualities of his PKT1 and PKT2 that were so good in Brawl, and isn't turned into just a carbon copy of Ness, like the direction he's been going in lately.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
What the...? No zap jump for Lucas?

Has there been a consensus on whether or not Ivysaur will be getting her recovery options heavily buffed? To be more specific: Will Ivysaur be able to laugh at early gimp attempts, or have to rely on her passable weight and aerial maneuverability to make it safely back onstage? I'm not asking this to know if her moveset has gotten any significant change, nor am I trying to prod at which direction Ivysaur was chosen to be taken in -- actually, hm, that makes me wonder whether or not we'll get to see two traditional fighter-esque characters, because that would be excellent to see, not to mention that it would likely draw more players to the P:M Hype Train -- but rather how she will be balanced with the rest of the cast. In other words, with her defensive playstyle in mind, will Ivysaur be more centralized around avoiding challenges offstage (akin to the Mother boys (unless Lucas can still Zap Jump), Toon Link, Ike, and any other character with generally bad or predictable recovery), or the optimization of her 'offstage' options?
I feel as though Ivysaur should be able to milk some air mobility out of dair in a similar fashion to Samus with bomb jumps (if it is still vanilla dair, that is)

Aside from that, her recovery should be fine since tethers are immune to edge hogging. However, that actually being a good thing or not really depends on whether or not they still get ledge invincibilty. If not, tether recoverers can be forced into a very punishable situation.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
PKT2 was never good lol. Although thundersliding is fun.

*** jumping is a result of the momentum of PK Fire/Freeze pushing him backwards at the same time as the first couple frames of his DJ send him up quickly so I could see the addition of DJC being did it, although it could just as easily be something with PK Fire...err Freeze.

iLink

Smash Champion
Well considering how horribly gimped Lucas' recovery is now, it would be nice to have the zap jump.

Also I don't think DJC had anything to do with it considering he could zap jump in the demo and had DJC.

If anything, it think not being able to zap jump was a side effect of another change, doesn't seem like something they would purposely remove.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Another thing is, I honestly wish they would change his sideb back to PK Fire. The PK Freeze projectile looks so awkward, and PK Fire actually has an sfx to go with it (which I love annoying my opponent with). It's just an artificial difference between him and Ness, and it's not like they need it anyways, they are already almost completely different.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
PKT2 was never good lol. Although thundersliding is fun.
It's distance covered was tremendous, however, and that's exactly what it has lost. Like I said, it ought to retain the good qualities it had. The implication being that besides those good qualities, it didn't have much else.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Another thing is, I honestly wish they would change his sideb back to PK Fire. The PK Freeze projectile looks so awkward, and PK Fire actually has an sfx to go with it (which I love annoying my opponent with). It's just an artificial difference between him and Ness, and it's not like they need it anyways, they are already almost completely different.
Wouldn't the absence of an announcement sfx make the projectile more ambiguous/subtle? Also, a freeze projectile's inclusion not only makes Lucas's side-b aesthetically different from Ness's, but its also a nod to Lucas's original neutral b which was removed. The snow flake whatever thing also seems to match the projectile's high mobility/slow horizontal speed much more effectively than a fire bolt would.

I say keep it

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Wouldn't the absence of an announcement sfx make the projectile more ambiguous/subtle? Also, a freeze projectile's inclusion not only makes Lucas's side-b aesthetically different from Ness's, but its also a nod to Lucas's original neutral b which was removed. The snow flake whatever thing also seems to match the projectile's high mobility/slow horizontal speed much more effectively than a fire bolt would.

I say keep it
It's already an easy projectile to see coming. And we don't need a nod to a move that was complete garbage and non-canon in the first place.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Mattnumbers, I dont know why you're implying Zap Jump removal was intentional. lol. pmbr never said it was.

Juushichi. While smods has a whole section dedicated to P:M which is great and all, the traffic is far far far lower and has much less exposure. So why im not asking for P:M to have it's own section here on swf, having active discussion here is one of the better things you can do for P:M

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Mattnumbers, I dont know why you're implying Zap Jump removal was intentional. lol. pmbr never said it was.
I meant that IF it was intentional (which I thought it might be since they were obviously taking steps to make his recovery worse) that it was ridiculous. Even if it wasn't intentional, it should be added back in if possible.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I mean, use both tho.

This thread would be and is great as a Gen. Discussion, but I think it's smart to use this to organize and facilitate towards the smods area which, for the most part, iirc can be customized to fit the needs of the community and is pretty much exclusive (which I think is great for this game). The realistic downside is that I think a lot of people won't want to go through the process of getting an account and etc on smods, but you can't ignore the potential.

The IRC could continue to be used as is or otherwise as well. IRC is such a good tool.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
IRC is not a good tool for discussion.

Like it's nice for general chitchat, but for serious discussion, not only is it a cluster****, but there is no way to sync the discussion with boards and ****.

So unless everyone is on the same topic, IRC is terrible for **** like that. And the only way everyone is on the same page, is if there is a small amount of people talking and someone is leading the channel topic.

I do think that character threads with basic discussion that encourage players to go to the forums on smashmods is the way to go.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Just wanna say, Ivysaur's dair is up there with Snake's U-tilt and Metaknight's everything as the most pooly designed move in Brawl, imo. probably worse than Lucario's. Why is she the only one that can't L-cancel? Yes platforms whatever the ****, you know what I mean.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
the character threads in Smashmods are great but.......we have nothing to give feedback on.

only the demo char. threads are available and most demo chars have been through major changes that leave us out of the loop and ofcourse the remaining demo chars (melee vets) are staying relatively the same... soo

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
...so I've been gone for the past...a while. What've I missed?

...guise?

9Kplus1

Smash Master
P:M got canceled.
Only to be subsequently replaced with Project: Hentai. Because of my superb taste in hentai and passable writing skills, I'm one of the more significant PHBR members, btw :awesome:

I'm just gonna scuff a low "Hmph" at Lucas not having Zap Jump in the more recent builds. That's unfortunate to hear, but I'm glad that people are in favor in having it back, if it's possible of course. Honestly, I mostly adore the distance that Lucas can travel vertically, in such a short amount of time. It makes DBZ-esque aerial chasing viable as mix-ups (e.g chasing a Falco that got Usmashed out of Nair), at the expense of Lucas's second jump. Yes, in general Uair, PKT1, and even remaining grounded are much better options, but Zap Jumping being as an aerial tech chase of sorts could catch an unaware opponent off guard with "The Heel". (Heh, listen to me, rambling on about extremely situational applications of an AT that possibly won't ever be included in the next release... onto the next topic, I guess).

Anyway, what about Diddy? I'd read some time ago about a suggestion of being able to cancel and keep the charge -- was that ever used? Though, that and anything related it seems like something likely to be kept on the DL, so I'm not really concerned about getting an answer. What I would like to know is how much love is Diddy getting in the BR, and in this thread for that matter, right now. Yes, I'm implying that it would be spectacular if we managed to start some Diddy conversation in this thread.

Diddy, to me at least, is a character that's not only fun to pick up, but also experiment with. With grape stage (platform) control with nanners, very good combo potential, and fairly quick speed, I for one am excited to play and watch Diddy in the P:M environment. He, along with Lucario, Homolimar, Wolf, and Ike, is definitely a character that I plan on taking long periods of time to experiment with and, eventually, figure out.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Diddy, to me at least, is a character that's not only fun to pick up, but also experiment with. With grape stage (platform) control with nanners, very good combo potential, and fairly quick speed, I for one am excited to play and watch Diddy in the P:M environment.
But it's Lanky that shoots grapes, not Diddy :troll:

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
He was the umbrella...
Rocks make terrible umbrellas!
But thank you Neko, I only wish...

http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-951.html - check out the coder section of that link to see what type of skills we're most interested in.
Thanks. I'll work towards making a sample code after learning more about PSA and PowerPC asm. This will be after I move and spend some much-needed time with my fiancee who I haven't seen in 5 months, but I'm looking forward to contributing!

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
I care =<
Was looking for ya during the last podcast... well, at least during the antics afterwards. I had a fun New Year's too though; definitely gonna miss Korea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom