• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Given the choice I'd rather see NO characters have wall jumps, then everyone having them. Peach with a wall jump.... on top of floating , ridiculous good DJ, peach bomber, and parasol lol. They're fine the way they are; if you have one, good for you. If not, your S.O.L.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Universal wall jumping would make Project: M look stylish, without a doubt, but there are a few notable problems with the idea. The first, as mentioned already, would be adding a silly buff to characters who already are tough to edgeguard. Of course, it's fairly easy to say "then don't give characters similar to Jigglypuff a wall jump", but that contradicts then entire purpose of universal wall jumping. Leaving particular characters out of something that was initially supposed to be 'universal' is only bound to create several arguments regarding what is and should balanced in this project -- creating metagame "knots", so to speak, (Think: Brawl+) in the near future if it were to ever be implemented in the final build. Again, it's a pretty good idea, but definitely not something that should be implemented in a hack that aims to create what Bawrl would've been like if it were a direct sequel to Melee.

That said... based off of the most recent streams, is it safe to assume that it's still undecided which direction Meta Knight will be taken in? By that, I mean how his Bawrl attributes will be Melee-fied, rather than just balancing him out. Will he be more tech skill-reliant, simple with a pretty hard learning curve, or much less demanding when compared to most of the cast?

Cero

Smash Lord
Ok. So, according to the posters on this thread...

To make Samus good, we should give her:

• Other M flip on back roll
  • morph ball and bomb drop on front roll
  • a crouch using her morph ball animation
  • the ability to charge in the air by holding B
  • a hitbox while charging (like Lucario)

Sounds like a beast *** character to me. :awesome:

Spoon~

Smash Ace
Ok. So, according to the posters on this thread...

To make Samus good, we should give her:

• Other M flip on back roll
  • morph ball and bomb drop on front roll
  • a crouch using her morph ball animation
  • the ability to charge in the air by holding B
  • a hitbox while charging (like Lucario)

Sounds like a beast *** character to me. :awesome:

And how many people actually use Samus that gave these suggestions to make her better? Zero.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I think it would be cool if you gave Samus a crawl, but instead of actually crawling she rolled around in her morph ball.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
aww come on... I am just trying to get some recognition....recognition = a copy of PM to test/stream. :(

now I have more of a reason to go to Apex 2.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm curious what I missed there...

Anyway, Project M isn't going to be at Apex in any official capacity. And since I'm not going, I seriously doubt anyone is going to run a hotel room side tourney.

:phone:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'm curious what I missed there...

Anyway, Project M isn't going to be at Apex in any official capacity. And since I'm not going, I seriously doubt anyone is going to run a hotel room side tourney.

Just a link to the greatest player to ever pick up a controller's Video <_<.

but I put it in my sig so just click the link.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I thought I said to give the fully charged shot a hurtbox, not a hitbox during charge. But that works too although I don't see that useful in any way.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Notice I said once you exclude any story elements whatsoever. The gameplay was solid, but the story might as well have been written by Tommy Wiseau.
My point was the gameplay was terribly linear. Moreso even than Fusion. There was no exploration element, which is central to the Metroid experience, for me.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Samus' charge shot should be transcendent imo.

Since it's the only laser in the game that isn't.

Stops really dumb stuff from beating it.

Then again I really don't know Melee Samus that well, I know in vBrawl lots of stupid things stop FCCS.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
They do. They definitely do. The amount of lasers I've blocked with them...

It's just Link can't hit his own Bombs like he could in 64/Melee in Brawl.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Oh.. so I guess samus won't be getting a hurtbox on charged shot. I just feel that its dumb that her charged shot gets over powered by other things when samus can barely take the time to charge her shot in high level play. Maybe if she can have her charge animation sped up. That would be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom