• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
I reckon hold it down for charge in the air or tap it for a quick fire. Having it like that means that there is quite literally no way of getting them mixed up when transferring to P:M

Spoon~

Smash Ace
YES!!! agreed the neutral b should chargeable in the air
She didt have it in the other smash games and she really doesn't need it. Its the drawback for having a strong killing projectile. Besides she already has melee power missiles with brawl missile hitboxes.

:phone:

jalued

Smash Lord
She didt have it in the other smash games and she really doesn't need it. Its the drawback for having a strong killing projectile. Besides she already has melee power missiles with brawl missile hitboxes.

Samus was never really top tier material in melee, it wouldn't be a gamechanging buff but would give her a slightly faster was to kill so she could compete better with fox/falco

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Samus was never really top tier material in melee, it wouldn't be a gamechanging buff but would give her a slightly faster was to kill so she could compete better with fox/falco
Not all of the characters in P:M are 'top tier' material. Giving FCS a hurtbox would be a lot more comfortable to anyone picking up Samus, rather than having it charge in the air.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I motion that crawling be given to Mario. He was one of the only characters to be able to crawl in a game and they DIDN'T GIVE IT TO HIM!

Edit: Yoshi too.

Edit2: Link and Toon Link.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Im done streaming PM and now streaming Mario 64, people wanted me to post here when I was done

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Not all of the characters in P:M are 'top tier' material. Giving FCS a hurtbox would be a lot more comfortable to anyone picking up Samus, rather than having it charge in the air.
Yes, but if they can make a change that will improve a character, isn't that more important than being "comfortable" to Melee players? That and if I recall the game is being balanced around the Melee top tier, so in that case I think that the goal is at least to make the character viable to compete with top tier, not that Samus has too much of a problem with that as is.

Revven

FrankerZ
I motion that crawling be given to Mario. He was one of the only characters to be able to crawl in a game and they DIDN'T GIVE IT TO HIM!

Can't give crawls to characters that don't have them in the first place right now, sorry.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Yes, but if they can make a change that will improve a character, isn't that more important than being "comfortable" to Melee players?
Two things:

1. I didn't mention Melee players, specifically, for a good reason. If the goal of Project:M is to draw people to a good game, wouldn't it be more beneficial to give the Charge Shot itself a buff? Charge Shot is Samus's trump card in most cases, so making it even more reliable would greatly assist anyone trying to pick Samus up. An aerial CS charge doesn't really help Samus, imo. There's no reason behind why Samus should charging it offstage anyway, because she should be covering her *** and hopping off of bombs instead.

2. How would such an animation not look awkward? Visual aesthetics are a part of P:M as well, as far as I've been able to see.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
i think universal wall jump would be a good thing. i think universal is a great way to go with a lot of things including spotdodge, roll, ledge occupancy, but i think im alone on that.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
i believe that some characters that currently do not have the ability to walljump should, such as Snake, Link, and maybe Lucario. Ganondorf or DDD however obviously shouldn't wall jump, it just doesn't fit.

Rikana

Smash Champion
It gives characters like Jigs a ******** recovery from below the stage. Jump to walljump to jump to walljump, etc.

crush

Smash Master
It gives characters like Jigs a ******** recovery from below the stage. Jump to walljump to jump to walljump, etc.
Wouldnt it be better just to rising pound back to the wall and walljump off again? Jump to walljump would barely be better than regular jump rising pound jump etc >_>

Also aerial charging your neutral b with samus actually seems pretty good because lots of the time when samus players are recovering, after each bomb jump they have a lot of time to shoot missiles and stuff, so they could also use that to charge the shot, but it still doesn't seem that good anyway :/

Wampa

Smash Rookie
Also aerial charging your neutral b with samus actually seems pretty good because lots of the time when samus players are recovering, after each bomb jump they have a lot of time to shoot missiles and stuff, so they could also use that to charge the shot, but it still doesn't seem that good anyway :/
Exactly useful in certain situations but not broken its good but not to good

LegendofLink

Smash Apprentice
There's another problem with aerial charging though. She wouldn't be able to store partial charges without air dodging, which you can't do while recovering. I think that aerial charging would be much better for her on stage game, where she could waveland from a charge for a lot more options.

crush

Smash Master
There's another problem with aerial charging though. She wouldn't be able to store partial charges without air dodging, which you can't do while recovering. I think that aerial charging would be much better for her on stage game, where she could waveland from a charge for a lot more options.
You can cancel sheik and DK's neutral b charges without air dodging. I think people were thinking of the charging in midair like sheik and dk.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
i believe that some characters that currently do not have the ability to walljump should, such as Snake, Link, and maybe Lucario. Ganondorf or DDD however obviously shouldn't wall jump, it just doesn't fit.
But him jumping off people with his upb makes sense? if he can jump off a person he can jump off a wall.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman

Donkey Kong could also crawl: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PM97N1Dtb...AABRU/UCfF2AfDf2c/s400/torchlight_trouble.jpg

As well as wall jump: http://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/0/05/DKJB07.jpg/120px-DKJB07.jpg

Yet he could do neither in Brawl...I think it would be really nice to see everyone having the ability to wall jump and crawl who doesn't already have it, though I can understand why crawling couldn't be given to everyone because most don't have an animation for it. But for wall jumping, the jumping wall tech animation could be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom