• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Yeah, the cursor was actually set originally to Melee's speed or something, and then they put a multiplier of .75 or something on it to slow it down, iirc.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
vBrawl's is too slow. :/

Also, is there a way to disable Smash Boards mobile? It always pops up as the last page of this thread in my browser.

They're slower than they are in melee. Faster hands means faster selection. :V
means sets will take less time!!!!
lol Does that mean efforts are being made to see if you can change the speed at which you can rage quit in P:M?

Melee rage quit is much faster than Brawl rage quit. But I am not sure the reason for why that is.

Also, has there been any concerns with going over a 2 gig limit from the SD card for the final product?

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
File space is definitely not a concern since there are no music files (i.e. the files that take up by far the most space). We overall haven't even reached 0.5GB yet.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
You would have to try to fill a 2 GB card with Brawl stuff alone and nothing else. And even then you'd have to use tons of really long BRSTMs to fill the space. P:M doesn't have to worry about that with the relatively few files that it uses.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I've hit the limit several times haha. I had to limit myself to only one or two songs on the counterpicks.

SuperHappyCow

Banned via Warnings
This is a bit ridiculous, but I think it'd be cool if Samus' roll animations weree changed to those from Other M.

Yeah. Ridiculous, but kind of awesome.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I think Samus is fine the way she is. Melee samus players have already adapted to her slow roll and choose not to use it often. She's got a nice upB out of shield. And samus wasn't that bad being slow and pokey in Melee, which is another reason why she shouldn't get a big change. The buffs she has gotten so far are her uSmash, and the ability to incorporate zAir into her game.

Edit: give samus' neutral b a hurtbox. lol

Rikana

Smash Champion
Yes. On her fully charged shot. Makes more sense than sheik's needles. And its a tiny buff that doesn't really hurt anyone. Her charged shot will finally outpower other projectiles.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Why would you want Samus in Project M to be based off such a terrible game :p.
While Other M was a pretty terrible game and the roll mechanic absurdly overpowered, the rolls looked very pretty, and it would be a neat addition to the character.

Especially if you could make the morph ball into her crawl animation.

Also, lol @ Samus being slow.

Rikana

Smash Champion
She has more options when pressured rather than just wavedash back oos or upb oos.

@Monk: i guess it comes down to priority in the end because her fully charged shot with a hurtbox can eat other projectiles.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
That would be incredibly awesome aesthetic touch if the PM team did that. Would giving her a crawl move be too untrue to her melee state and thus make her play too differently? Because if not, that would be an awesome addition. The move is kind of canon. If so, thats cool too. I understand people's indifference when it comes to changing already effective characters.

Stevo

Smash Champion
there is nothing wrong with some characters having a bad roll, especially one like samus that has other great options while in shield. (wavedash and up-b)

Granted, she also has a slower shield grab, but the fact remains that Samus is actually pretty good out of shield.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
That would be incredibly awesome aesthetic touch if the PM team did that. Would giving her a crawl move be too untrue to her melee state and thus make her play too differently? Because if not, that would be an awesome addition. The move is kind of canon. If so, thats cool too. I understand people's indifference when it comes to changing already effective characters.
Don't think you can give someone a crawl if they didn't have one in brawl and besides that, what would be the point of her having a crawl?

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
While Other M was a pretty terrible game and the roll mechanic absurdly overpowered, the rolls looked very pretty, and it would be a neat addition to the character.

True, it's a pretty good idea, I guess I just couldn't resist taking a jab at Other M.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
This new tether system sounds bloody amazing! Is a youtube video of tether matches in the works anybody?

I hope some posters are wrong and this isn't a "holdover" for a different system down the road. This has so much potential it's crazy.

NeoZ

Smash Ace

I remember this conversation, from like 8 or 9 months ago.

iLink

Smash Champion
While on the subject of samus, have you guys considered letting her charge her neutral B in the air? I would take that over giving the charge a hitbox.

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Other M wasn't terrible. If you get rid of any trace of story from it Other M was a pretty solid Metroid game.
Sure, but for me, if the story is such a large part of the game, a bad story should be enough to call the game bad, I mean there are some pretty lengthy cutscenes there. Never mind the fact that the sense of isolation and subtle environmental storytelling of previous Metroid games was ignored.

This pretty much sums up my feelings:
http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/learning-from-other-m

Not knocking anyone for enjoying the game, but I think it's pretty safe to say it has some serious issues.

That being said, we should probably get back on topic. I guess Ivy doesn't really need a new Up B now that tethers have been improved. Not sure about Olimar.

Stevo

Smash Champion
wouldnt that look awkward?
down-tilting out of morphball would be strange. Also, it is currently impossible.

if you want her to stay in morphball, argue for samus to stay in her ball after down-b if you hold down the b button or something.

I'm not saying I support this idea, but if someone really wanted to argue for her to be able to stay in morphball, you could do it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom