• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It will be hilarious if in 10 years people are playing P:M and melee still.
Hilarious because fans took a game and made it for themselves.
And awesome.
It wouldn't be completely unprecedented. Counterstrike and DotA/LoL are user-made mods that not only succeeded, but became much more popular than their originating games, and I'm sure there are other examples. It is unprecedented for a console game, but we intend to change that :reverse:

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Melee samus looks fine to me. I don't like Brawl samus due to how large the pointy things on her knees are.
Melee Samus is too candy colored imo. Doesn't even look like her suit is made out of any sort of actual material. Of course, we can chalk it up to graphical limitations (Melee was a beautiful game in its time) but theres no reason we should be clinging to it.

Also, that Prime Samus looks great.

The only Melee model that looks better than Brawl imo is Fox and that's entirely because of art design choices rather than graphical reasons

Vigilante

Smash Lord
What I don,t understand is poeple scared to mess up their game though. People have secondaries in Melee and can play several characters well. Anyways, once you played both games a lot, you'll get used to it.

I know I main Lucario, but I'll try to get back into Falco a bit, so sorry if I am fairly "meh" on the next few streams.

Nowadays, I'll be like:

Mains: Lucario, Falco
Secondaries: Charizard, Zelda
Trying to master: Wolf, Diddy, Ivysaur, Pit, Snake

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'm sure if you play high level Melee you wouldn't want to risk anything that may jeopardize your chance on winning. P:M may be similar, but the small differences are enough to make people not play it in a melee-active tourney.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Like I can understand some things like that.

Like the N64 ones that are around (not vertexes) just because of the really bright colours.

But other than that...

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Hilariously enough... I think the smooth textures of Melee vertexes and such give the game an equally smoother feel. It's also a tad bit easier for my eyes to keep up with it. I'm not even really a Melee player.

For example, seeing Brawl Fox waveshine is kind of... awkward. So is Ganon doing... anything really. There are certain characters that I think look better off in Brawl. Melee Yoshi looks absolutely disgusting and horrifyingly jerky, Bowser has T-rex arms, DK looks hideous (mostly green DK), Brawl Sheik looks cooler, etc.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Melee Samus is too candy colored imo. Doesn't even look like her suit is made out of any sort of actual material.
That's just the textures though. You could recolor it and still use the Melee model. Personally I prefer the Melee model because it's skinnier and not as... puffy (shoulders, etc.).

rk-9000

Smash Apprentice
Hilariously enough... I think the smooth textures of Melee vertexes and such give the game an equally smoother feel. It's also a tad bit easier for my eyes to keep up with it. I'm not even really a Melee player.

For example, seeing Brawl Fox waveshine is kind of... awkward. So is Ganon doing... anything really. There are certain characters that I think look better off in Brawl. Melee Yoshi looks absolutely disgusting and horrifyingly jerky, Bowser has T-rex arms, DK looks hideous (mostly green DK), Brawl Sheik looks cooler, etc.
i agree almost entirely but i HATE the way fox looks in melee

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I don't wanna be "that guy"... but how close is this to completion? I haven't followed PM in ages tbh :(
No one, not even the devs know when the full release will be ready. Apparently however, 'something' is in store for the next release that will make up for the amount of time we've been waiting.

Regarding coding discoveries, landing detection and ledge occupancy have both been cracked (the latter is fully editable); another addition to the P:M "**** coding limitations" list is tether ledge occupancy, which, simply put, prevents tether recoveries from being edge-hogged. Characters, of course, are still being worked on. In short, some characters are only receiving small tweaks at the moment, lots are going through experimental changes, and others might simply be getting complete overhauls.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
No one, not even the devs know when the full release will be ready. Apparently however, 'something' is in store for the next release that will make up for the amount of time we've been waiting.

Regarding coding discoveries, landing detection and ledge occupancy have both been cracked (the latter is fully editable); another addition to the P:M "**** coding limitations" list is tether ledge occupancy, which, simply put, prevents tether recoveries from being edge-hogged. Characters, of course, are still being worked on. In short, some characters are only receiving small tweaks at the moment, lots are going through experimental changes, and others might simply be getting complete overhauls.
Question, what's left to fix? Melee perfect tethers? Anything else?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
We have a big list of issues, glitches, and discrepancies to fix. It's staying private for now, though.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
i found somthing weird with the button configuration set up. If you use the wii mote and nun chuck in PM you can't set the Dpad buttons (on the wii mote) to a specific smash direction it only sets it to "smash" but not side smash, up smash or down smash. I'v been using my brawl button setup and as long as i dont change it i can use specific smash directions on the dpad in PM but i can't make a new button configuration while the PM mod is in or the problem will happen. Do you guys know about this? Are you going to fix it? (please don't john me about my wii mote ussage <_< its a valid controler)

Spoon~

Smash Ace
i found somthing weird with the button configuration set up. If you use the wii mote and nun chuck in PM you can't set the Dpad buttons (on the wii mote) to a specific smash direction it only sets it to "smash" but not side smash, up smash or down smash. I'v been using my brawl button setup and as long as i dont change it i can use specific smash directions on the dpad in PM but i can't make a new button configuration while the PM mod is in or the problem will happen. Do you guys know about this? Are you going to fix it? (please don't john me about my wii mote ussage <_< its a valid controler)
John = excuse

:phone:

jalued

Smash Lord
I'm wondering if snake will still be able to walk while grabbing someone, it looked suitable and made his mines more reliable kill moves. Neko's build doesn't seem to have it and it would be a shame to lose such an innovative and imo, balanced ability

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
i could only hope that PM will feel similar to melee in the final product :) it still feels like progress is being made since the last time ive played, but ive also played melee alot more, so in retrospect, it feels a bit distant compared to melee then ever :(

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Was the menu navigation Melee-ifyed? From what I've seen on GHNeko's stream, it sounds like the narrator can be echo-spammed, and the player hands seem to move faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom