• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
If you stayed in morphball while in the air as well, it would **** up bomb jumping.

:phone:
That sorta falls under Snake's conundrum, yes? His ability to C4 recover(or C4 tactics in general) can be messed up because of the chance the player might accidentally hold Down+B to fake the detonation instead of the intended Down+B(tap). I'm all for Samus gaining a crawl by utilizing her bomb animation but it'd be a pointless aesthetic. Also, I'd love to see an Other M inspired roll for her as well but that seems like something you guys wouldn't spend time perfecting. Instead you could just speed up her current roll

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Also keep in mind that just because it was in a character's game doesn't mean it's a necessity to the character or good idea. Otherwise we'd have things like Samus with infinite jumps, infinite screw attacks, etc.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Other M wasn't terrible. If you get rid of any trace of story from it Other M was a pretty solid Metroid game.
Other M was a pretty terrible Metroid game, too.

"Hey, girly, go to this place and don't dawdle."

Almost like Fusion, except you never stick it to the man.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I initially stopped following Project M after Genesis 2, mainly because my SD card got swiped >:(

but I just wanted to pop in and say you guys have been doing a great job. Everyone seems to be really loving it so far that I've talked to/seen, and I only really got to play it Pre-Gen2, and I've loved what you've done w/ most of the chars (btw, have you fixed how marth's shieldbreaker's reduced vertical hitbox over the ledge? It's been annoying to think it would hit someone while edgeguarding onstage, only for it to miss and they get on the ledge safely lol)

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I want Link to shoot sword beams at 0% and reflect projectiles with every slash he has.
Then I want Yoshi to be able to aim his tongue up AND have double range.

Seriously, universal wall jump = bad idea. Suddenly Jiggs gets the ability to stall more on walled stages with jumps, wall jumps + rising pound.........

....yeah.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Universal walljumping is just silly.
Why not universal glide or universal Zair, too? Some characters just lack the ability to perform such feats. And I mean characters as in "characters," not "lines of code." Inability to walljump is part of what makes a particular character BE that character, it's part of the portrayal which makes a characters recognizable as themselves. Having Olimar walljump would be akin to having Samus act like a swooning teenager: not the same character.
And this is different from double-jumping or shielding in that those are essential aspects of the Smash universe, distributed to all characters upon entry, while walljumpimg has been established as special ability which characters must already possess (or be reasonably induced to posses).
Walljumpers should stay the minority, because, in Smash gameplay, and in home-universe canon, it's an ability that sets them apart from the rest of the cast.

That said, there are a couple characters that should, but don't currently, have it. Same with crawling, so it'd too bad that that's beyond hacking's reach. Although, considering the advances the team has made before (and are making right now, not to mention hackers outside of Pro:M), I wouldn't be surprised if that eventually changes.

I just wanted to add some to the conversation, and I accidentally typed a whole minissay.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
I strongly disagree with those who say that Samus tapping B should make her start charging her neutral special. P:M's predominant target is those who loved Melee and I can't think of a better way to annoy them than to get rid of an action that has always been muscle memory. If Samus is going to charge her shot in mid-air, it can NOT be like DK or Sheik, it has to be a button input that they wouldn't already use. It has to be a conscious decision to charge it, not a decision to release it because the latter would screw all Samus users up and really be counterintuitive when trying to attract top melee players.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
Her having a bad roll is part of her character. Every Samus main knows not to roll or you die, just like if you grab you better know its going to connect or you get punished hard.
Bowser having every facet of his character being the worst with an extra dose of bad is just part of his charm from Melee. Every Bowser main knows that if you pick him seriously you're in for a hell of a ride. :D

Again, I don't see how buffing the bad parts of a character would change how people choose to play it when they're trying to be brought up to the ridiculous standard of top tiers.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
I strongly disagree with those who say that Samus tapping B should make her start charging her neutral special. P:M's predominant target is those who loved Melee and I can't think of a better way to annoy them than to get rid of an action that has always been muscle memory. If Samus is going to charge her shot in mid-air, it can NOT be like DK or Sheik, it has to be a button input that they wouldn't already use. It has to be a conscious decision to charge it, not a decision to release it because the latter would screw all Samus users up and really be counterintuitive when trying to attract top melee players.
Someone suggested tapping the button makes it fire, while holding it makes it charge in the air.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
It'd be amusing to see Samus get a (future) crawl in her bomb animation, because she'd be able to completely shrink her hitbox. Everybody would need low attacks against her, lol. Don't see it happening because it sounds too good, but it'd be fun to see once it's possible to modify (say in B-). Also it'd make for some great shenanigans with faking out roll-dodges.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
On all things samus could use improving, I dont feel like charge shot was one of them.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
On the subject of Other M Samus dodge roll one of her rolls could stay the morph ball and the other one can be an Other m type dodge. i recommend her backwards roll be the other m roll. it could keep the same intangibility frame data as the roll but just look different. the other m roll could also have IASA frames (like make her animation end in that ready to fire position) to make it feel and look like other M's dodge and shoot mechanic. it wouldn't change the game too much, since you shouldn't be rolling with Samus anyway,, but it would be nice.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
errr, if they kept the frame data for her current roll, but used the other m roll animation, she'd be doing a flip for a reeeeeally long time ;x

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Other M was a pretty terrible Metroid game, too.

"Hey, girly, go to this place and don't dawdle."

Almost like Fusion, except you never stick it to the man.
Notice I said once you exclude any story elements whatsoever. The gameplay was solid, but the story might as well have been written by Tommy Wiseau.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom