• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Does anybody know where the hell Hanenbow spawned from? What game?

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
=_=

You can't be serious....The only thing i'm salty about is that Pichu won't be included. Not they're job, nor mine to point out things you don't know. You need to take a seat, and wait like everyone else, you want to get into working on the project then take the application. Your complaining about things that will, and are being addressed is annoying others who are also waiting.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
=_=

You can't be serious....The only thing i'm salty about is that Pichu won't be included. Not they're job, nor mine to point out things you don't know. You need to take a seat, and wait like everyone else, you want to get into working on the project then take the application. Your complaining about things that will, and are being addressed is annoying others who are also waiting.
The salt is strong in this one. Sounds like you need to take a seat and relax :awesome:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
A smart idea would be to give the latest builds to TO's so we can have actual tournaments for this game. It's only in tournament play do you get any real data. There's plenty of things that can't be shown just playing friendlies in a lab all day.

More eyes/hands = more data.
Well, I'm hosting a Project M tourney at SMASH! - Minnesota. It will be put in the OP of that thread relatively soon. :p

Ecks

Smash Lord
I think they stated they are using/including the stage expansion code, so we can add them if we wish to.
Yeah, I know. But since they added Fourside and Saffron(spelling?) I figured they'd include more classic stages.

Also, hope there's a stream tomorrow.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Vigilante is the only person with Project Melee access in the entirety of eastern Canada.

Ontario is by far the most skilled region, yet we don't have any play testers. Hmm.

SolarChimecho

Smash Apprentice
yo unholy where do you live?

to you, unholy, and everyone else, if you want to play the current build with a PMBR member, please refer to the PMBR Locations List. You'd be surprised there might be a PMBR member in your state. :)
*sees 1 japanese playtester*
That reminds me, does japan have any recent smash scene at all? With Japan mostly playing fighting games, i thought smash would be popular in japan, so would PM.

Cero

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who still plays the demo? Lol.

I've taught myself to play all 14 characters. I literally main random. :bee:

And, I've only been fighting against level 9's (because my friends are tired of getting *****).

I'm not sure if all of you know this, but the computers in Brawl record their human opponent's movements and pretty much try to replicate your play style. They learn quite well, imo.

All my computers are used to the Melee physics. Lucas knows how to use PS-up. Mario knows how to wall jump out of up-B. They all know how to short hop and they even dash dance (rarely).

The other day, I actually observed Mario, while on the edge, wavedash back on to the stage.

Reasons I don't play Melee anymore:

1. I only play 3 characters in Melee (Fox, Marth, and Captain Falcon)
  2. Level 9's in Melee suck

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Yeah, they learn so well they can't learn not to wavedash to their doom. The computers don't actually adapt at all, but they do have a more varied set of patterns. Whenever poeple claimed computers learned how to shine, it's more like the computers just act when they detect that they can. Poeple who looked into it, like Bero and Dantarion said they didn't actually learn.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Am I the only one who still plays the demo? Lol.

I've taught myself to play all 14 characters. I literally main random. :bee:

And, I've only been fighting against level 9's (because my friends are tired of getting *****).

I'm not sure if all of you know this, but the computers in Brawl record their human opponent's movements and pretty much try to replicate your play style. They learn quite well, imo.

All my computers are used to the Melee physics. Lucas knows how to use PS-up. Mario knows how to wall jump out of up-B. They all know how to short hop and they even dash dance (rarely).

The other day, I actually observed Mario, while on the edge, wavedash back on to the stage.

Reasons I don't play Melee anymore:

1. I only play 3 characters in Melee (Fox, Marth, and Captain Falcon)
  2. Level 9's in Melee suck
The demo is MASSIVELY outdatted. Everything you mastered is off do to the timing changes of LD as well as individual changes that have been made.

but yeah the computers were better.

Cero

Smash Lord
Yeah, they learn so well they can't learn not to wavedash to their doom. The computers don't actually adapt at all, but they do have a more varied set of patterns. Whenever poeple claimed computers learned how to shine, it's more like the computers just act when they detect that they can. Poeple who looked into it, like Bero and Dantarion said they didn't actually learn.
Yep. They just record button inputs and try emulating them.

I'm doing dittos with Falco with right now and he consistently short hop lasers and he knows how to shine b-air too.

The demo is MASSIVELY outdatted. Everything you mastered is off do to the timing changes of LD as well as individual changes that have been made.

but yeah the computers were better.
I don't care. Lol.

When demo 2 comes out, I'll just re-learn everything is all.

I was playing regular Melee a few weeks ago too and it didn't take too long to readjust.

I mean, I've been playing Melee for years now. It's almost like riding a bike.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
I'm still playing the demo. I want a new demo. I'm tired of people quitting just because they can't play as X character.

Don't make me wait 'til final release, that could take longer than Smash 4.

Ecks

Smash Lord
IMO it will take like two to five matches to get used to LD and the changes from the demo. I say keep playing if you want to. I sometimes play too, but it's mostly to check textures, add more songs or change stages.

Another thing, AI can't learn. They just act whenever it's possible. In that sense you can say that, like us, the AI was being held back by Brawl's physics. Falco always jumps after shines in Brawl because shine sends you up and he tries to follow up. It just so happens that in project M his reflector can be jumped out of. All of that being said, Brawl AI (specially in mods) is way better than Melee's AI. Melee's AI is all about jab, jab, jab, And Falcon killing himself with Raptor boost.

Edit: Wow, I actually called Falco's down b a "Reflector", whatever that means.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
But it really does feel like they're "adapting" to my playstyle.

Every time I play them, it feels like they react faster and they always seem to try to copy my movements from previous matches.
That's bogus. If they really did learn then why is that in the 2 years I played Brawl, not once did a Snake DACUS against me (and there was a stage where I did a lot of 4 Snake FFA)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Seems like the player closest to me is Gurukid, then pretty much the legion. Can't believe I was around where Shadic lived and didn't visit. If I had known, I would've contacted him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom