• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I think that people shouldn't be worrying about Zards recovery atm. It is definitely fine as it is (if not maybe in need of a slight nerf). His glide isn't very fast horizontally, but he can change it up vertically on his way back. Not only that, but he can attack out of it so it doesn't leave him particularly open.
From what I saw day before last when I last streamed, Zard is still ridiculous and his recovery is actually not bad AT ALL. Like, I could see it being nerfed. Maybe.

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
From what I saw day before last when I last streamed, Zard is still ridiculous and his recovery is actually not bad AT ALL. Like, I could see it being nerfed. Maybe.
Yeah, his recovery is really good. Then again, I think any recovery that lets you go under any stage should and survive be nerfed, but I understand why that probably won't happen :p

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Glides = ugh =_=
I seriously think they need a shorter duration or something.

Anyway, Ganon = Godlike on Warioware. I think that'll be a great stage for him. Or maybe it's just my inability to beat him there that's making me think it's a good one for him?

I think port town is decent for him too.. small blast zones = he kills at 90

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
When PMBR finally decides Lucario is good enough to be Youtube'd, you all should totally kick it off with a Lucario-featured combo video. Because that's what he'll be about. Combos. :)

I could also see a vid like that hyping communities outside of smashboards/smashmods on P:M again. Perhaps even getting some to take a second look.

.... plus some 'choice' reactions to it would be funny. [ie: OMG THEY MADE LUCARIO LOOK TOO KICK-*** DOWN WITH THE MODDERS LEAVE SMASH ALLLLLLOOOOOOOOOONNNNEEEE]

shanus

Smash Hero
When PMBR finally decides Lucario is good enough to be Youtube'd, you all should totally kick it off with a Lucario-featured combo video. Because that's what he'll be about. Combos. :)

I could also see a vid like that hyping communities outside of smashboards/smashmods on P:M again. Perhaps even getting some to take a second look.

.... plus some 'choice' reactions to it would be funny. [ie: OMG THEY MADE LUCARIO LOOK TOO KICK-*** DOWN WITH THE MODDERS LEAVE SMASH ALLLLLLOOOOOOOOOONNNNEEEE]
I want to make a lucario video. I just need people who like PM in the boston area, its full of brawl :(

The **** he can do is amazing. My personal favorite finishers:
Shoryuken (Upsmash) -> UpB -> Super Ex-Cancel -> Nair
Dsmash -> upB along the ground -> super ex-cancel -> sideB air meteor
and on spacies around 40%:

Shoryuken (Upsmash) -> JC -> Super Aura Sphere (actually combos due to the charging linking hits)

Additionally, I think he is ready to be youtubed haha

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
One thing that needs to happen for Charizard if his glide is intended to be kept is that SFX needs to go. It's up there with other embarrassments, such as Wolf and Ganon's gimped run animations, and flower effects on Jiggs' Rest.
WTF ARE YOU SAYING SERIOUSLY NO.

Like WTF.

And Wolf canonically has a limp. It's CANON. You can't just retcon aspects of certain characters just because you don't like it.

The other 2 I'll give you.

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
Shanus: There are a few people who like Lucario a LOT here in RI. I imagine you could get some decent videos. Also, hop on IRC for a minute I want to ask you something about him

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I was certain Wolf had a limp in assault. Apparently I was wrong. Been way too long since I played anything other than 64 and the SNES one. I stand corrected. Apparently Sakurai did in fact just pull it out of his ***, just like 60% of ZSS's moves.

Also everyone is biased Ulevo. Everyone.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I think I'm going to end up playing GnW a lot again. He's... pretty damn fun.

I don't know if I'll main anyone, but I'll be playing GnW, Mario, Sonic, Marth (maybe) and just a ton of people.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
WTF ARE YOU SAYING SERIOUSLY NO.

Like WTF.

And Wolf canonically has a limp. It's CANON. You can't just retcon aspects of certain characters just because you don't like it.

The other 2 I'll give you.
canon is important, but at the same time so is a good game.
if making wolf limp is needed to be canon, then **** canon for Wolf

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
canon is important, but at the same time so is a good game.
if making wolf limp is needed to be canon, then **** canon for Wolf
Making a character limp is entirely a matter of making one half of their walk cycle longer and the other shorter, and adjusting some of the movements to fit.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Apparently Sakurai did in fact just pull it out of his ***, just like 60% of ZSS's moves.
More like 95%. Even her name, and her ability or willingness to put up a fight against superhuman beings, and being in any way superior to her metal-clad counterpart, and the very idea of considering her as a different entity than Power Suit Samus…
Sakurai did not make the game well.

iLink

Smash Champion
Not gonna lie when I say I'm itching to try Lucario. Hopefully I can get some playtime in at genesis 2. Does anyone active have a recent codeset in norcal?

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Making a character limp is entirely a matter of making one half of their walk cycle longer and the other shorter, and adjusting some of the movements to fit.
By this statement I mean to say, you can make Wolf limp without affecting gameplay at all.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I want to make a lucario video. I just need people who like PM in the boston area, its full of brawl :(
Have you considered going to any New England Brawl tournaments with P:M to advertise? Or New England Melee tournaments, for that matter.

jalued

Smash Lord
have sticky tech rolls been fixed? Just curious if there have been any new discoveries

Edit: and from the currect stream, i stil think Lucario's new Nair looks awkward. What was the reasoning for changing it and will the animation be improved sometime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom