• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I just want to say that I got myself hyped all over again by picking up the demo again over the past 1-2 days after not playing for about two months. I started getting bored with it after I watched a bunch of streams and the progress was so noticeable, even visually, that the demo felt outdated to me, even though I never actually played the full version. Playing it again, I felt all the inadequacies of the demo, especially the not-fixed landing detection, but now that I know what's coming in the patch, I'm excited for it because I already know how much of an improvement it is.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I hope you guys make a hype a*s trailer for this game for when it finished and it comes out.
Yes, please. Start with Captain saying "Show me your moves", then have gameplay footage of every character doing their new techniques; just stuff to show the PMhaters that it's more than just Fox vs. Falco on Final Destination. Definitely show a lot of how the Brawl characters transitioned into a Melee-esque environment, Then maybe a recreation of the wombo combo, some fast-paced editing of characters being spiked, and show off the new included stages, especially Hyrule Castle. Everyone loves Castle for the nostalgia. But whatever. I'm just throwing up a few ideas. :ohwell:

kaizo13

Smash Champion
question....so i know charizard is still very w.i.p (and looking great btw) but is there plans on speeding up glide?
idk i just always thought, if glides were to be in melee they would be fast and offensive

it just looks out of place to me how he just seems to slowly float in the middle of all the quick action.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
I personally think glides should go to hell. This is melee(2) where recoveries are very limited (go away jiggz and peach <_<) While glides may not be insta-recover, I still find them pretty stupid.

/unimportantinput

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
Of all the times to stream, you stream now? It is 1am when you posted this stream!! :mad:
I know right? What I saw was really nice though from the players. More power to the streamers. They are the proverbial tracks on this hype train.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I personally think glides should go to hell. This is melee(2) where recoveries are very limited (go away jiggz and peach <_<) While glides may not be insta-recover, I still find them pretty stupid.
I also think glides should go

i mean......the characters that have glide already have no issue recovering without it

I was merely suggesting that if they were to be kept, glides should at least keep up with the speed of Melee

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Why are BRoomers so intent on watching streams? You can just play yourself!

I think gliding is a neat addition, but should be more limited. Always results in Special Fall, can only use glide attack and airdodge out of it, and of course make it not spit in Newton's face as much.
But I'm sure the BR has/shall have rigorously discussed and tested their decisions, particularly regarding such a controversial new technique, and the results will be pleasing to all open-minded players.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Gliding is at least one dimensional. Once it's initiated, you're committed to that action and only have a few options, which makes it easy to punish. Yes, it makes recovering distance wise easy, but I'd argue that closing the distance from off stage to the stage is all its really good for against a competent player. From my understanding, the characters that glide go in to special fall if they release the glide, and all attacks out of the glide can be punished accordingly.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
I also think glides should go

i mean......the characters that have glide already have no issue recovering without it

I was merely suggesting that if they were to be kept, glides should at least keep up with the speed of Melee
Well, yeah theoretically it should be fast.
However, since they're such a long-ranged recovery option they might need to be a little bit slow. As punishable as possible without making them insta-kill you if you don't land on the stage 30 frames after it starts imo.

Ulevo

Smash Master
One thing that needs to happen for Charizard if his glide is intended to be kept is that SFX needs to go. It's up there with other embarrassments, such as Wolf and Ganon's gimped run animations, and flower effects on Jiggs' Rest.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Okay, I test-ran this bad boy, and I'll give you some of my initial impressions.

1) Your Melee skill truly transfers well if not seamlessly into project M.
2) My friend hates Monk's Norfair, so I like it.
3) All test characters are fun and innovative.
4) It's like playing a whole new game.

Also, the updated mechanics really will make the game much more enjoyable for you guys. Be patient, because the demo update will be worth it just for the mechanics, :p.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Fox's clown shoes. Oh, the list we could make.
I really think that the sound is fine. The issue with zard is that his glide has horrible startup in vBrawl, moves really slowly, and barely gains speed. As a result, he sounds like the slowest jumbo jet in existance.

If it was faster with the same noise I think it would feel much better. Then again, I am sure zard is being handled well.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I'm just not at liberty to say, and honestly, much progress has been made, but we can never know when hurdles arrive and how fast we can defeat them. Your guess is as good as mine.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I wish people would stop asking... as if a different answer is expected.

Don't worry, guys. You're going to get YEARS of enjoyment out of this. It'll be worth the wait.

Also, streaming in a few hours.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I know, it's just watching the streams and hearing about just makes me want it more and the ONLY thing within my power to do is ask.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
plan on doing any streams of your own Vigilante?

always fun to watch new people tackle P:M's metagame

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i like your Lucario :)

Edit
: Lucario is gonna be mad fun to watch at high level play in a year or two

Vigilante

Smash Lord
plan on doing any streams of your own Vigilante?

always fun to watch new people tackle P:M's metagame
Dell said to wait about 7 to 10 days until I get my laptop back, and it's been 6 days, so as soon as I get it, I'll make plans for it ^^. But I promise to stream as soon as I have the chance. I hope to see you there!

cmart

Smash Lord
I'm personally most excited about Squirtle and well, Bowser. He has been my main since forever. When finished, PM is gonna have such an impressive diversity of viable characters, it's gonna take years for the metagame to incorporate them all.

2) My friend hates Monk's Norfair, so I like it.
For an unfinished stage it's pretty good.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Ha, one of the reasons I'm looking forward to procario is because I want to see him full force and ****** at high level play. The playstyle for this character is very promising.

I'll be too busy playing Ness, Zamus and Wolf to really pay attention to him though. But I can tell that I'll be playing random characters a lot like the good old 64 & Melee days.

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
I think that people shouldn't be worrying about Zards recovery atm. It is definitely fine as it is (if not maybe in need of a slight nerf). His glide isn't very fast horizontally, but he can change it up vertically on his way back. Not only that, but he can attack out of it so it doesn't leave him particularly open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom