• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
i was skeptical of lucarios hurricane kick until i used it in game and nearly pissed myself. shell did an amazing job with it

Ecks

Smash Lord
I wonder if Sakurai's dolls were able to do Snake's utilt. If they can, then he should get new ones.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Lucario has the spin kick, the shoryuken, and the fireball, all in one package.

Now all we need is about 7-8 clones of him in the roster and we're set! :awesome:

kaizo13

Smash Champion
make Mewtwo a Lucario clone :awesome:

I can see them being the new fox/falco.......SO MUCH TECH SKILLLLLL!!!

Ecks

Smash Lord
Now I want to see Captain Falcon with Lucario's moves.

Just imagine that man using fire tatsumaki and fire shoryuken Ken style.

MaxThunder

PM Support
I think LUCARIO's spin kick thingy looks really good... i'm gonna start playing LUCARIO for sure... hell... imma start playing everyine except fox, puff, dk, yoshi, lucas and mk...

on an unrelated note: i made a brstm of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU75uz0b8EU (and Ephixa's other zelda remixes)
... should i put them on brawlvault?...

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Lucario is sooooo **** to play, the combos kinda just flow. I only wish I had Street Fighter knowledge so I could mix it up a bit more. I'll get there.

Sweetspot nair is a GREAT killing move also. Also, MK bthrow nerf plx LOL.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I do admit Lucario and a ton of those characters look fun to play as so I'm basically stuck watching streams until the final version comes out that is unless we get some added characters to the current demo roster but that's already been recently discussed so just gonna have to wait for the demo patch update w/e that is going to be.

@maxthunder I believe someone already posted that song on Brawlvault at KC-MM.

edit* Btw Redd your streams are awesome.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai made melee; he knows how to make a good game. Don't bash the man.

On another note, I noticed today that its possible to mash l-canceling without missing the window. Is this something that will be fixed for the patch?

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer

On another note, I noticed today that its possible to mash l-canceling without missing the window. Is this something that will be fixed for the patch?
Don't forget he also made Brawl.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
that is such a useless post, no one will ever forget.
the thing people forget is that he made Melee

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
He also made 64.
And Kirby Super Star.
And Kirby Air Ride.
And Kirby 64.
And Kirby's Adventure.
Going to stop before I quote 90% of Kirby games made while he was at HAL.

All solid games. Sure some are a bit easy, but I enjoyed them all thoroughly.

Also I'm suddenly curious as to what other games Sakurai was involved in.

*EDIT* Meteos and the new Kid Icarus are the only non-Kirby or Smash games.

Yoki

Smash Apprentice
He does know how to make a good game, as he managed to create the only #1 top-selling game that appeals to both casuals and hardcore gamers. Also, Kirby Superstar is awesome. The thing is, he doesn't want to. As he explicitly stated in an interview, he (or nintendo) wanted brawl to be 100% casual, and it's obvious that this game was designed to be a competitive disaster. Random tripping, ridiculous ledge autosweetspot, shallow balancing, etc... It's still great for casual play, but I expect infinitely more from the PMBR than from Nintendo for the next Smash game.

Back on topic, do you plan to make Lucario's Down B somewhat usable (like a cancelable or killing B+A version) ? A viable counter would be interesting, but it doesn't look like Lucario really needs it. Akuma's Shun Goku Satsu would be hilarious, too bad this isn't Brawl - ...

I'd also like to know if, in the event that wifi isn't fixed when the patch/full release is done, you would also release a wifi-friendly version ? While light presses and C-stick DI/buffering should definitely be in the official release, they don't affect gameplay that much, so we could still have an online experience that is still very close to full P:M.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We will attempt to fix the inputs for replays and WiFi without sacrificing our game mechanic changes.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Aside from hacking, which is what makes Brawl a "good" game in the first place, there's no way smash 4 will be as bad as Brawl. I just can't imagine it being so bad.

Anyway, Sakurai's vision of what smash should be is what's terrible.

Edit: Shun Goku Satsu would indeed be hilarious.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
God I pray hacking returns.
God I pray they don't use Link's hideous baggy pants from Skyward for Smash 4.
God I pray Link doesn't suck.
God I pray MK does suck.

He's not gonna answer.
e_e

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Eh, we don't know what smash 4 will be like. He HAS stated that he's trying to make it its own game, whose gameplay feels distinct from melee and brawl. He's also noted competitive feedback from brawl, in acknowledging our opinion of Metaknight being overpowered. I'm more than willing to give smash 4 a chance, since I know I can fall back on P:M for entertainment if it isn't up to my standards.

Revven

FrankerZ
You could mash the shoulder buttons to L-cancel in Melee too so I don't really see the need to fix it since... it matches Melee.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
You could also do the same in 64.

You could also mash it in Brawl. It won't L-Cancel or anything, but you can still mash it.

Ecks

Smash Lord
"I won't be able to look at every aspect of the game and balance out all the characters by myself this time,"

Well at least there's that.

The only thing I'm looking forward to is the new models. more specifically, Skyward Sword Zelda model and SFox 64 3ds Fox.

And I wonder if brawl would be able to hack WiiU. Would be awesome for emulation and possible smashU hacks later.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Oh, really? I always assumed that the window was sensitive to early presses, like MC'ing.

Ah, well, you know what they say. Assume makes an *** out of u and me.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
"I won't be able to look at every aspect of the game and balance out all the characters by myself this time,"

Well at least there's that.

The only thing I'm looking forward to is the new models. more specifically, Skyward Sword Zelda model and SFox 64 3ds Fox..
I noted that too. Hopefully someone good .. *chokes* "BALANCES" AHAHAHAHAHAHA

And NO.. God no.. His baggy pants are too much.. NOOOOO T__T
TP Link > Skyward.

Not dissing the game itself, I just hate the pants.

Also, I'm not sure you could manage mashing the L button for a whole set. It'd get rather tiresome to be consistent. Most people will just hit it once. I suppose mashing helps if you're trying to land one after hitting their shield in case of a light shield or something

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
@Burai, I love the SS Link. I think the pants are pretty bad *** frankly. The whole art style in general is just really nice.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Also, I'm not sure you could manage mashing the L button for a whole set. It'd get rather tiresome to be consistent. Most people will just hit it once. I suppose mashing helps if you're trying to land one after hitting their shield in case of a light shield or something
Eh, I don't limit myself to the shoulder buttons. A is shield for me. But that doesn't matter. I can hit it fine without mashing. It WILL help a few of my friends who can't, tho.

Ecks

Smash Lord
@Burai. SS Zelda, not Link. Not that I have a problem with Link and his baggy pants though.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
@_@ I guess i'm the only one that thinks they need to be toned down a little bit. It's not really the fact that they're baggy it's that they're excessively baggy in my opinion. ;_;
I'd rather stick to the TP/OoT model tbh

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
They're not really tights in TP o.O they look more like pants there.

YA JUST REMOVE HIS HAT NEXT -zeldafannerdrage-

I'm jk.
I don't mind the removal of the tights, but.. ugh

anyway, since I sometimes have issue L-cancelling Up air its just awkward to me) I might utilize the multiple l cancel attampts thing. I'd only need to tap it twice though <_>
I actually don't have issue with down

It's not a consistent issue. I just miss it occasionally and it bugs me.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
And right after, he resolved to never make Melee again. If he did learn anything from that experience, it was how to make a good game so that he can avoid accidentally doing so in the future.
A fool may say fire is hot, but that does not make fire cold, nor the fool not foolish.

I like the SS Link, and Zelda is the sexiest thus far. Though I still think Oracle Link's design is the best.
The sole intelligent thing to do would be have alternate models for all the different designs, letting the fans play their favorite, so Wario's no longer alone in being special.
Sakurai will not do that.

I am somewhat kinda jaded, maybe.
But P:M gives me hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom