• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Hey, Redd. Since you're streaming so often, could you do one where you focus on demonstrating the changes made to characters (obv ones ready for the public eye), rather than playing matches?

Just a request, will understand if you don't do it. Just thought it might be a nice point of reference for people who don't know about the changes to characters.
I can do something like this soon... if it was planned. We could do like a Q&A. I won't do it randomly since we only ever have like 15 viewers + I don't know who's actually watching. lol.

I need to learn the changes a little better myself first. Except Lucario. I LOVE LUCARIO.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Whatever works, works. :)

You can count on me to be in the stream, I definitely have a few questions. Mainly concerning the ways Bowser's armor works, but I've got some other stuff. I also have friends who love PM, but don't follow the thread, so I could probably get them to join in.

Also, thought I'd post this: http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02254/

Amazing theme for DL 64.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Whatever works, works. :)

You can count on me to be in the stream, I definitely have a few questions. Mainly concerning the ways Bowser's armor works, but I've got some other stuff. I also have friends who love PM, but don't follow the thread, so I could probably get them to join in.

Also, thought I'd post this: http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02254/

Amazing theme for DL 64.
Sure thing. Just try and hype it up as much as possible! I'm hoping to up our average number of viewers, because I KNOW we can get more. Easily.

And Chu may show up later.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Yeah but I won't be showing up so that's what...15 out of 15 that won't care anymore? :p.

The demonstration of polished non-demo characters is a good idea. Like Redd though, I'd have to delve deeper into some of the other characters I never bothered to follow if he chooses to do it on a day I'm there (assuming he doesn't do it today of course).

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Yeah but I won't be showing up so that's what...15 out of 15 that won't care anymore? :p.

The demonstration of polished non-demo characters is a good idea. Like Redd though, I'd have to delve deeper into some of the other characters I never bothered to follow if he chooses to do it on a day I'm there (assuming he doesn't do it today of course).
I'll answer questions, but I'm not planning a webinar today rofl.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
djshjrikkflu I burned my finger on an iron this morning. I've been icing it for like an hour and a half so far. It still stings. If it continues like this, I can't smash until it's healed. Anything I can do to make it heal faster? Sorry that this is a bit off topic lol.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Stop using ice x_x:. You're making it worse

First degree burns:

# Remove clothing from the burned area immediately.
# Run cool (not cold) water over the burned area (if water isn't available, any cold, drinkable fluid can be used) or hold a clean, cold compress on the burn for approximately 3-5 minutes (do not use ice, as it may cause more destruction to the injured skin).
# Do not apply butter, grease, powder, or any other remedies to the burn, as these increase the risk of infection.
# Apply aloe gel or cream to the affected area. This may be done a few times during the day.
# If the area affected is small (the size of a quarter or smaller), keep it clean. You can protect it with a sterile gauze pad or bandage for the next 24 hours.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
djshjrikkflu I burned my finger on an iron this morning. I've been icing it for like an hour and a half so far. It still stings. If it continues like this, I can't smash until it's healed. Anything I can do to make it heal faster? Sorry that this is a bit off topic lol.
Johns.
10Johns.

MaxThunder

PM Support
aloe vera gel helps a lot... on every kinda of burn and stuff...

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Well I just used some triple antibiotic ointment and that seemed to fix the burn. :laugh:

OT: I hate that I almost always miss redd's streams. I wonder if I can make it and watch his stream today...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Iron burns are nothing. What is that ****, 200F?

I burned my ****ing arm on a pan after pulling it out of the oven once. That **** is 350F.

MAN UP.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Well I just used some triple antibiotic ointment and that seemed to fix the burn. :laugh:

OT: I hate that I almost always miss redd's streams. I wonder if I can make it and watch his stream today...
It was on for like 10 hours dude hahaha, how did that happen?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
My internet at home isn't good enough to watch a stream, that's my john for missing them all so far. And I can't figure out how to download the saved streams so I can watch them at work. I wish you used ustream...

Yoki

Smash Apprentice
When you do record that Q&A stream, could you please save it ? That would really help it reaching many more people.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
You can upload the video onto YouTube and set it as unlisted so that only people with the url can access it.

MaxThunder

PM Support
... my friends is gonna be mindblown when he sees LUCARIO:M...
... fun fact: tomorrow he'll probably be wearing a LUCARIO fur-suit... sigh...

Ecks

Smash Lord
So I noticed Zelda has a sort of zap jump right after hitstun with neutral b. It's pretty neat but situational at best. Will you guys keep it?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
When this patch is released (assuming you guys bother with a patch and don't just hold out until the full release) what's inside? How many characters? Any new stages?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WILL BE CHANGED

wait until we tell you. patience is rewarded

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
This is just a suggestion but maybe Charizard's side-b could be Flare Blitz. Charizard pulls back for a second or so and barrels forward about half a Yoshi's Island Melee distance with a lot of KB. If the hit connects, he does 10 damage to himself. It's just an idea, if you don't wanna run with it then cool beans.

Also, I like the "Take this!" on Ike's down-b better than the "Choke em!" of his old vBraw incarnation.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Was Ivy's side-b buffed? Seemed like it has less endlag, enough to beat Lucario in a fireball war. From what I saw in the stream, at least.

Didn't seem like Ivy could really follow the blade well, but could get another one out fast enough to control the battlefield a lot.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We have plans for Ivy. Hopefully if the coding and animations are done they'll be able to be showcased soon :)

Spoon~

Smash Ace
This is just a suggestion but maybe Charizard's side-b could be Flare Blitz. Charizard pulls back for a second or so and barrels forward about half a Yoshi's Island Melee distance with a lot of KB. If the hit connects, he does 10 damage to himself. It's just an idea, if you don't wanna run with it then cool beans.

Also, I like the "Take this!" on Ike's down-b better than the "Choke em!" of his old vBraw incarnation.
It always sounded like he said scrotom.

Also, redd good stuff on the stream haha.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
It's "You're open!".

Good line. Annoying execution since you can barely tell what he's saying.

ike does say scrotum. listen. i hope ivys upb was like in that nightly build of brawl+ multiple tethers >_< broken :)
It always sounded like he said scrotom.

Also, redd good stuff on the stream haha.

.....No

MaxThunder

PM Support
i have allways heard you're open... every time...

also... desucon was fun... people from all over norway was there, and they had melee=)... 6 tv's with melee and one with brawl...
... and there was a girl there who played brawl that tried melee for the first time... she likes melee better...
... also some good people crushed me... and after that i kept crushing the not so good people in free for all's... with 4 people... was fun cause i won everything=)... except when that one good guy joined for a match and pwned everyone... me first cause i was the biggest threat at the time...
... i'm so glad i brought my controller... just in case=)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom