• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Is Link going to get his bomb limit changed or is it staying at 2 for balance sake?

Back air. First kick = Brawl so it can combo? No one actually said they were going to use that idea so I'm checking.

Ledge tether reel in speed increased so they're useful for something (getting onto the ledge quickly) rather than getting you edgehogged? Same as above

If Link gets the catch animation changed so it doesn't interrupt certain things, which things will be made to not interrupt? I know running is one, are there any others? Maybe 64 rang stats? (I don't think it was as much of a bother back then. Not sure exactly what makes it like that.)

Is Ike getting any new animations on some of his moves?

Did any of Pit's moves get changed other than up B?

Can you nerf Falcon's Knee? It's bugging me. Give it another flavor at least. Sweat, leather, and manliness leaves a bad taste when I take it to the face e_e
inb4gotohell
I'm kidding.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If Link gets the catch animation changed so it doesn't interrupt certain things, which things will be made to not interrupt? I know running is one, are there any others? Maybe 64 rang stats? (I don't think it was as much of a bother back then. Not sure exactly what makes it like that.)
It's mostly it's speed combined with immediately getting it back when it passed the blastzone, and it had very poor homing so you almost never caught it after throwing it provided you bounced it off the ground.

64 Boomerang would be awesome.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
It's mostly it's speed combined with immediately getting it back when it passed the blastzone, and it had very poor homing so you almost never caught it after throwing it provided you bounced it off the ground.

64 Boomerang would be awesome.
Don't you get it back when it passes the blast zone still? Or is it after a set amount of time? God I should know this. I thought it was the blast zone.

I don't think the speed would be good but I was definitely going to suggest the worse homing.
However, I do some amusing stuff by getting the boomerang to miss me and hit my opponent in the face so...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
KingClubber, you've used up all of your questions for this month. Sorry, please try again in 8 days.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
For giggles, you guys should like put in a stage that uses the SSE dark character stages, and use the stage rotation code. So it changes every time you play on it. COUNTERPICK THAT MOFO

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I like the SS Link, and Zelda is the sexiest thus far. Though I still think Oracle Link's design is the best.
Personally I really like SS Link, but I'm kind of meh on the Zelda. Nothing really spectacular, but it's not awful by any means. I probably like WW Zelda the best.

The sole intelligent thing to do would be have alternate models for all the different designs, letting the fans play their favorite, so Wario's no longer alone in being special.
Personally, I don't think he will do that simply because done wrong it could destroy any kind of unified art style for the game. Second, there are enough aesthetic differences between Links that it would throw off creating hurtboxes for Link, leading to either confusion about where hits will land or balance issues. Lastly, it would be more work for the animators, modelers, and texturers, likely leading to an overall decrease in gameplay quality. Recolors simply make more sense from a developer's perspective. Cool idea, but difficult to execute without flaws.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
God I pray hacking returns.
God I pray they don't use Link's hideous baggy pants from Skyward for Smash 4.
God I pray Link doesn't suck.
God I pray MK does suck.

He's not gonna answer.
e_e
I wish I could kick every single person who has ever said that regarding MK in any Brawl mod or Smash 4 square in the teeth.

I'm not even an MK fan or even a Kirby series fan in particular. It's just dumb to want MK to be a useless joke character when there's potential to make him a decent, balanced character. So what if he happened to be broken as **** in Brawl.

See Sagat in SF4 or V-13 in Blazblue.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
I wish I could kick every single person who has ever said that regarding MK in any Brawl mod or Smash 4 square in the teeth.

I'm not even an MK fan or even a Kirby series fan in particular. It's just dumb to want MK to be a useless joke character when there's potential to make him a decent, balanced character. So what if he happened to be broken as **** in Brawl.

uhh.. I was kidding? I actually would rather him be moderately good. I never said I want to make him a useless joke. Just not stupidly broke. I've never legitimately wanted him to suck in any mod either @_@
But ya that wasn't meant to be taken seriously. <_<

GO V-13
Haha.
Now I'm interested in watching those characters play homo.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer

Thisssssss. Frankly people are just being salty about MK being so good. He's got potential and besides, he's badass. Just a cool character that deserves to be atleast decent. Like Link, which is exactly what PM delivered. =D

(And Burai, don't that this personally :V)

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Thisssssss. Frankly people are just being salty about MK being so good. He's got potential and besides, he's badass. Just a cool character that deserves to be atleast decent. Like Link, which is exactly what PM delivered. =D

(And Burai, don't that this personally :V)
OH, I'M TAKIN' IT PERSONAL MAN
YOU'RE NOT INVITED TO MY BIRTHDAY PARTY NOW
<___<

But ya, I'm trying to pick up Falco like everyone and their mother because if I can play him well then my skill will probably stop going down the drain every time I blink. Any tips to multishining and the like? What's the most efficient way to JC shine?
I can do it but like, I swear I'm not doing it to best way to make it efficient.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
OH, I'M TAKIN' IT PERSONAL MAN
YOU'RE NOT INVITED TO MY BIRTHDAY PARTY NOW
<___<

But ya, I'm trying to pick up Falco like everyone and their mother because if I can play him well then my skill will probably stop going down the drain every time I blink. Any tips to multishining and the like? What's the most efficient way to JC shine?
I can do it but like, I swear I'm not doing it to best way to make it efficient.

If you get that rusty with link in a few days, you're going to have hell of a time picking up a spacie lol.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
If you get that rusty with link in a few days, you're going to have hell of a time picking up a spacie lol.
I wouldn't call it getting "rusty". I can still do everything I could before. I'm just applying it differently. It's simply not as effective as it was. a "mental block" as it was put.

Ecks

Smash Lord
When I waveshine I press b and slide it all the way to x (pressing a in the process but that doesn't make a difference anyway) very quickly, press L, and repeat. I don't know how everyone else does it but it works for me. :/

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Speaking of MK, are you keeping the transcendent priority on ~all his moves? It's an interesting property, though needs balancing.
What's being done with Mach Tornado?

iLink

Smash Champion
Speaking of MK, are you keeping the transcendent priority on ~all his moves? It's an interesting property, though needs balancing.
What's being done with Mach Tornado?
Unless I misunderstood on the stream, they removed the transcendent property of his attacks.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
We left transcendent priority on his aerials because it's a nerf.

We took it off his ground attacks and they now have the weird property of being able to clank with aerials.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
That's strange… But cool.
You mean you gave him that property, or it's just what somehow happened when the transcendence was removed?
Will you keep it?

@SB:
I thought you had changed your minds, and were doing the opposite?

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
^

Was watching some old B+ matches of mine. I was recovering and I killed my opponent at 90 because he had the nerve to try and hit me.. that spin was so stupid imo <_< Thank god you guys had the sense to not do that with Link: M.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
and about how long from now is that?...
Damn, Redd is a streaming machine. Do you have a job?
Recently got laid off. -_____- corporate downsizing is a *****, since my employer got ****ed due to rising inflation.

Doing the most I can for the community while I look for something else. Thing is, I go back to Tech in under two months, so it's kinda an uphill battle to find anything.

The stream will begin probably... I'd say 4 hours from this post time. Give or take.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Redd. Since you're streaming so often, could you do one where you focus on demonstrating the changes made to characters (obv ones ready for the public eye), rather than playing matches?

Just a request, will understand if you don't do it. Just thought it might be a nice point of reference for people who don't know about the changes to characters.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Great=).. then i'll be abe to see a part of it at least...
... though imma have to try sleeping a little early today... must get up really early tomorrow for convention thingy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom