• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Holy crap was that a good set! That Bowser was pretty solid, man.
What was with the resonating voices? I didn't hate the commentator but he kinda bugged me, he was just talking with what seemed to be random people and didn't really seem to care about the match :|
--
I just strongly felt the commentary was strongly lacking about the actual match.
--
But I really do agree, the Bowser was pretty solid.

Last edited:

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
@Strong Bad Wherever you are - I'm currently watching your match against Oro from Shuffle, I really enjoyed your Wario. Props.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Itll take 5-7 mins though, not much. But im still satisfied that I can talk about something I actually know about

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Hey guys, was looking through the matches and found this amazing match between Xzax and Drephen, check it out!

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
What was with the resonating voices? I didn't hate the commentator but he kinda bugged me, he was just talking with what seemed to be random people and didn't really seem to care about the match :|
--
I just strongly felt the commentary was strongly lacking about the actual match.
--
But I really do agree, the Bowser was pretty solid.
What are you talking about dude? I never said anything about the commentary or what you said for that matter, I didn't even notice it while watching.

However, I must say that Rat is a more than decent commentator. We need more guys like him and more Wolf mains pls.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Yes Bury. **** did just get real indeed.

Speaking of Smash, who in your opinion is the Jim Ross of SSB commentary? In basic english, your favourite ever commentator?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Do you not know the one true Boozer god that is known as Gimpyfish sir?

Also what do people think of the Zelda vs Diddy MU in here?
Zelda/diddy, like every zelda matchup, is easy once the non-zelda character just starts jabing/dtilting through fireballs and not rushing un-optimal approaches. Diddy has the mobility and instant movement option through AGT to get through zelda's walls really easily. He can't edge guard her well, but most cant. It basically just goes like: Diddy has control of neutral > approaches> either does something stupid and zelda punishes or he get a few hits in, and resets it back to neutral. I don't like assigning numbers to matchups at this points yet but if I had to id be like 60/40 diddy.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
What are you talking about dude? I never said anything about the commentary or what you said for that matter, I didn't even notice it while watching.

However, I must say that Rat is a more than decent commentator. We need more guys like him and more Wolf mains pls.
I was watching the match and while listening to the commentary and I honestly felt like the commentator was talking to random people that weren't themselves commentators - and this was from the first five minutes of the match. Granted I didn't watch the entire match - so for all I know, he could've completely turned the entire match around and given the best commentation of the entire tournament. But, it's whatever man, it's just whatever.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
And btw, I personally preferred the purple theme, but whatever floats your boat.
Everyone has been telling me that since the change, so you're not alone. Apparently, everyone misses the purple despite complaining so much about it before. ¦D

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Everyone has been telling me that since the change, so you're not alone. Apparently, everyone misses the purple despite complaining so much about it before. ¦D
I don't know man, purple was practically exclusive to you, that's why I preferred it. A small change from time to time doesn't hurt, I guess.

I was watching the match and while listening to the commentary and I honestly felt like the commentator was talking to random people that weren't themselves commentators - and this was from the first five minutes of the match. Granted I didn't watch the entire match - so for all I know, he could've completely turned the entire match around and given the best commentation of the entire tournament. But, it's whatever man, it's just whatever.
Oooooh, sorry man, I completely misunderstood your previous post, lol. Ya you're right, audio was pretty bad, seems like most streams have problems with the commentary audio. Then again AZProjectMelee is a pretty new channel, so give 'em some time to adjust.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I don't know man, purple was practically exclusive to you, that's why I preferred it. A small change from time to time doesn't hurt, i guess.
It's not like it's gone indefinitely. The fun thing is that I can switch to whatever scheme I want now and it'll work no matter what color it is, so you'll see the traditional purple again sometime. ¦3

Anywho, everybody take a look at this wacky madness! XD http://sumire-uesaka-parallax-view.tumblr.com/

Watch it on the tumblr page for a big surprise. =D

Spooky Skook

Smash Cadet

And people wonder why I want the PMBR to do Pichu.
So much this. The PMBR can be really creative in the way they approach some of the lower tier melee characters, so I really want to see what they come up with for pichu. If in the future they decide not to put him in, I hope someone does like a post or something of ideas they were throwing around (If they had any).

TreK

Is "that guy"
Oh btw, is there a frozen version of Frigate that's frozen on the second transformation out there ?
Looks tourney-ready to me. Pretty much.

Oracle

Smash Master
With everyones crazy recoveries in this game frigate is already tournament viable. Just dont do what denti did in that video lol

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
He might be closer than you think

I got nothin. Well damn played.

Speaking of Smash, who in your opinion is the Jim Ross of SSB commentary? In basic english, your favourite ever commentator?
Can it be a commentary team?
Prog1 imo

We like it BECAUSE it's dumb. The very idea of thousands of people trying to play Pokemon and make any sort of progress is entertainment.
The best part about it is that they've made (comparatively) MASSIVE progress. I don't need examples for that LOL

Just went through a few of the Shuffle V matches, and I gotta say, I can't decide who was the more merciless player: Mew2king or Strong Bad.
RIP all those people.
Why is "merciless" even being mentioned? Do people LIKE giving away chances to get bopped? dafuq.
You destroy your foe, you don't become a stepping-stone.

i'm waiting for someone to get the bright idea to try fire emblem, just to see all the raging from permadeaths
You're a jerk lolololol.

TwitchplaysIwannabetheguy
NOPE.

LOGIA666

Smash Apprentice
With everyones crazy recoveries in this game frigate is already tournament viable. Just dont do what denti did in that video lol
If I had a dime for every time I SD'd in that stage in Brawl...

I'd use said money to pay the PMBR to create more awesome stages like this one even more tourney viable.

Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
You guys have it tourney legal ? Woah. I don't even have it legal in Brawl anymore here xD

Oracle

Smash Master
Ive had it legal in a couple rulesets. Didnt really lead to any problems. Biggest mistake ive made in a ruleset was kj64 what the hell pmbr its so tiny

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Can't they add a ledge to the rising platform like Port Town Aero Drive? I'm pretty sure that would be enough. I already liked it in Brawl too.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Hey guys I'm back from work and just started playing Super Mario RPG and I'm pretty proud of myself so far, only a few hours in and I'm already past the wedding.
--
Question in relation to going through the game: I just got Peach back in my party after going back to the Chancellor in Mushroom Kingdom and I thought I saw Mallow wanted me to go see his Grandpa. I went there and nothing happens, he just mopes there about Mallow being gone.
--
Want to help?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Ive had it legal in a couple rulesets. Didnt really lead to any problems. Biggest mistake ive made in a ruleset was kj64 what the hell pmbr its so tiny
You guys have it tourney legal ? Woah. I don't even have it legal in Brawl anymore here xD
I haven't seen alot of places had that legal honesty. I thought of having it legal for my birthday tourney but decided against it cause It was super scummy against certain characters like Roy and Ivy on the 1st part of the stage on the right part of the stage with no ledge and also it was our first serious Project M tourney in our area and wanted to keep our stagelist simple.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Hey guys I'm back from work and just started playing Super Mario RPG and I'm pretty proud of myself so far, only a few hours in and I'm already past the wedding.
--
Question in relation to going through the game: I just got Peach back in my party after going back to the Chancellor in Mushroom Kingdom and I thought I saw Mallow wanted me to go see his Grandpa. I went there and nothing happens, he just mopes there about Mallow being gone.
--
Want to help?
Dude, that's my favorite SNES game. I've beaten it MANY, many times. But you need to go talk to the shop owner in the Mushroom Kingdom and use that Frog Coin you got from Croco to buy that Cricket Pie. You then talk to Frogfucius and he will cheer up and give you a weapon for Mallow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom