• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
why do you hate plugging electrical devices in and saving electricity because of it?

i mean it only makes sense

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Smash 4 is attempting to go all out on the waifu level. They subtly made Peach more vapid/accepting of advances, they added Rosalina, a popular waifu since Galaxy, made Zelda hotter, and added Wii Fit trainer, who already has plenty of rule 34 about her and the game isn't even out yet. Plus ZSS is probably coming back.

I mean it's not quite KoF yet though

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
It can never get KOF levels cause they dont have Mai and ninjaness all over the place. Also DK just want some waifus thats why he is getting creepier each game, he's on the prowl.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Smash 4 is attempting to go all out on the waifu level. They subtly made Peach more vapid/accepting of advances, they added Rosalina, a popular waifu since Galaxy, made Zelda hotter, and added Wii Fit trainer, who already has plenty of rule 34 about her and the game isn't even out yet. Plus ZSS is probably coming back.

I mean it's not quite KoF yet though

This coupled with your sig is very mesmerising...

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Yup, Other M ZSS is totally a waifu right guys?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
The complaints against Other M make it sound like it ***** peoples mothers.

Give it a ****ing break already. We get it >the baby the baby the baby. Get over it. It had fun, fast gameplay and barring the Adam gun thing, had a fine excuse plot.

It's like people can't get over the fact that Samus's canon personality isn't as stoic as Brutus.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
The complaints against Other M make it sound like it ***** peoples mothers.

Give it a ****ing break already. We get it >the baby the baby the baby. Get over it. It had fun, fast gameplay and barring the Adam gun thing, had a fine excuse plot.

It's like people can't get over the fact that Samus's canon personality isn't as stoic as Brutus.
I can't hear you I'm playing Metroid Prime and nothing else matters, Other M can't hurt me any more.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Excuse plots are okay if it's not a story-driven game, you know like Mario and whatnot. If you put the story at the front, then you have no excuse to have horrible, ****ty writing that's full of holes. Other M is a prime example of What Not To Write.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
[Other M] had fun, fast gameplay and barring the Adam gun thing, had a fine excuse plot.
>opinions

I can't speak for anyone else, but the issue that I have with Other M (at least in regards to its story) is that it presents a lot of interesting ideas, but the execution of said ideas leaves something to be desired. For example, let's take the infamous moment where Samus wigs out upon seeing Ridley. This moment makes absolutely no flipping sense unless you're aware of a manga that hasn't been officially released outside Japan that Ridley killed Samus' parents and ate her mother right in front of her. I would have been fine with the moment if Sakamoto had Samus establish this oh-so-important fact way ahead of time, along with explaining how she managed to overcome it each time they fought... but he didn't, and so it comes off to many as extremely poor story telling. It's a shame, because I find that particular detail of Samus' past fascinating, and I think that it adds so much more to her as a character... but it comes completely out of left field, and makes no sense unless you have access to information that only a handful of the fanbase even know exists.

That isn't the only thing, though. The whole deal with the Deleter and the Galactic Federation's corruption is something that was already presented in Fusion, and Other M does nothing to shed light on the situation, doubly so when the plot point was abruptly dropped. Samus not using her full arsenal because it could wreck the space station that the Federation is trying to save is a is a fantastic idea in my eyes... but not when Samus isn't allowed to use items even when they pose absolutely no danger to her environment (e.g. going without the Varia Suit in a landscape that can kill Samus without it). And speaking of, I cannot recall the story ever establishing just why Samus is so loyal to Adam, despite her not being an official part of his team, and thus having no obligation to follow his orders.

And as far as gameplay goes? Having an unexpected genre change would do a lot to divide the fanbase, especially if it's nigh the polar opposite of what the series stood for (i.e. frantic and linear gameplay vs. exploration and non-linearity); especially so when the only reason it was changed because Nintendo wanted the series to sell better in Japan. And that's not even getting into some of the more questionable design choices of the game: only being able to use the Wiimote only; not being able to move while in first-person (which is the only time she can shoot missiles); forcing the Samus into a slower-than-molasses walk for story exposition; being forced to go into first-person mode to search around for that precious piece of scenery that will continue the game; so forth and so on.

You may enjoy the game, but telling people to "get over it" is not something that is going to change the minds of people that feel like they got slapped in the face with a gauntlet for what they feel to be more than justifiable reasons. (Hell, most of this pisses me off, and I'm not even a huge fan of Metroid.)

Zef

Smash Ace
can one of you please ****ing save my soul? i'm trying to play P:M but it's loading weird. nothing loads correctly, no music etc, regular brawl everything and when i get to the CSS it's project Ms css but when i get into a game it freezes during entrance animations

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
can one of you please ****ing save my soul? i'm trying to play P:M but it's loading weird. nothing loads correctly, no music etc, regular brawl everything and when i get to the CSS it's project Ms css but when i get into a game it freezes during entrance animations
Try re-downloading everything for starters.
If there are still problems, try to defrag the SD card.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
How are you loading the game?
I had the same problem with my USB loader and it was caused by having an old Brawl codeset in my USB loader's Codes folder. Never had caused issues with previous versions of PM until 3.0 for some reason, but once I deleted it things worked fine.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Stop using USB Loader GX. Use Configurable USB Loader. I've never heard anyone have any issues with Configurable USB Loader. If you still have problems, stop by the IRC for help.

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
Is this really how PM works or am I just paranoid? I'm asking a legit question so please be honest PMBR. Quoting Jason on Facebook. "I play for money but I also like the challenge of trying to win all the games at once, and it heavily comes down to not being sure which events to drop out of, since I think I have an equal chance in all 3. (Like I could see myself either getting destroyed or winning in any of the 3 main games besides 64. The problem with PM is I used to main fox for everything but they just nerfed him 3 times basically, with shine invinciblity gone, lasers being way worse for camping, and now each stage is about 8% higher ceiling. PM devs really ****ed me over with that nerf bull**** just cuz I won a lot with him [Idc what they try to say; they are hella biased])" His second quote "armada agrees with me too btw. After armada probably wins PM with Pit at apex, Pit will probably be nerfed hardcore"
I'm a little scared if this is true :/

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
It's not USB Loader GX's fault. I've been using USB Loader GX since 2.5 and I'm still using it now and I have not encountered any problems at all.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Is this really how PM works or am I just paranoid? I'm asking a legit question so please be honest PMBR. Quoting Jason on Facebook. "I play for money but I also like the challenge of trying to win all the games at once, and it heavily comes down to not being sure which events to drop out of, since I think I have an equal chance in all 3. (Like I could see myself either getting destroyed or winning in any of the 3 main games besides 64. The problem with PM is I used to main fox for everything but they just nerfed him 3 times basically, with shine invinciblity gone, lasers being way worse for camping, and now each stage is about 8% higher ceiling. PM devs really ****ed me over with that nerf bull**** just cuz I won a lot with him [Idc what they try to say; they are hella biased])" His second quote "armada agrees with me too btw. After armada probably wins PM with Pit at apex, Pit will probably be nerfed hardcore"
take things m2k says with a grain of salt
or tablespoon

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman

People just take any adjustment to their main as if the PMBR has it out for them personally and wants to see them lose. Fox really needed nerfs and even with the ones he got he's still really good. The PMBR seems to have a plan of where they want each character to go, and they will adjust the character to adjust their vision until it's done. In the spacies' case, along with the older versions of some other characters (Lucario, Ike), they were (and in the spacies' case, still are) way too high above the rest of the cast to foster a healthy metagame. Others, like 2.6 Ivysaur and 2.5 Sonic got adjusted because their playstyle was considered "toxic"; playing as the character was too highly centered on using one move, and the entire game for playing against said character consisted of trying to counter that one move. Really, for the most part, the PMBR has done a great job balancing the game and ignoring sophomoric complaints about overall positive improvements (for the metagame as a whole anyways).

And yeah, due to his somewhat obsessive nature over the game, M2K gets extremely upset very easily over really minor changes.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Haha what, ceiling nerf? You mean normalizing to the match the average ceiling height in Melee right? I respect you m2k, but ****.

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
People just take any adjustment to their main as if the PMBR has it out for them personally and wants to see them lose. Fox really needed nerfs and even with the ones he got he's still really good. The PMBR seems to have a plan of where they want each character to go, and they will adjust the character to adjust their vision until it's done. In the spacies' case, along with the older versions of some other characters (Lucario, Ike), they were (and in the spacies' case, still are) way too high above the rest of the cast to foster a healthy metagame. Others, like 2.6 Ivysaur and 2.5 Sonic got adjusted because their playstyle was considered "toxic"; playing as the character was too highly centered on using one move, and the entire game for playing against said character consisted of trying to counter that one move. Really, for the most part, the PMBR has done a great job balancing the game and ignoring sophomoric complaints about overall positive improvements (for the metagame as a whole anyways).

And yeah, due to his somewhat obsessive nature over the game, M2K gets extremely upset very easily over really minor changes.
Thank you so much for clarifying. I just get scared of PMBR nerfing characters because they're doing well. I'm already scared for Mario nerfs, Link nerfs, and Luigi nerfs. But your explanation cleared that up a little.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Does Tapatalk not work for Smashboards now? It use to back when I had a trial/demo of it, then recently downloaded a free one and it says "unable to connect to smashboards contact server host".

Also I woke up today and my ears were super sensitive to sound and give rumbling pain from it and it hasn't gone away, I'm thinking the noise from this humidifier I got outside my door drove my ears insane

Top Bottom