• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Fox needed the nerfs because he's Fox. But if Armada wins with Pit in Apex and he still somehow gets nerfed, I'm going to be pretty upset.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Fox has probably had discussion of nerfs way before M2K gave a **** about PM. That's the same line of ignorant thinking that assumed:

Sonic got nerfed because of Wizzrobe at one (or two) tournaments. Apex and Zenith are listed all the time.
Ike got nerfed because of Vro at one tourney
Lucario got nerfed because Leffen made one video and scared everyone
Ivy got nerfed because American's hate vegetables

M2K's complaint about Fox isn't very legit, when Fox is technically easier and arguably has been BETTER as a stand alone character in PM. You know a real nerf that might be worth complaining about? PAL version of Spacies. If the developers did that, specifically because of M2K, then maybe that comment of his would look valid.

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Razor Leaf was made to be a regular projectile instead of the godlike nigh unblockable wonder it was in 2.6. Plus a few other minor things.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Patch notes are somewhere, read them! I can't do everything here now :3

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'd like to think the world of Project M development revolved around me too. It's a novel concept, being so good at a video game that people want to nerf your character, but never in the history of forever has a character been nerfed because of the success of a single player. When a character is problematic enough to warrant changes, their abuse is found widespread, at several tournaments, by several players.

Fox was definitely not nerfed in 3.0, as the changelog illustrates if read. Saying the ceiling changes are actually a nerf to Fox is like saying the same if we made a few stages smaller (Fox no longer able to camp as hard on those stages). Dunno if Jason just doesn't realize this but there are only 41 matchups that Fox is in (one of which being the ditto); the blastzone changes affect 820 matchups. If we were planning on nerfing Fox's KO power, we'd just weaken his Up-Smash and/or U-air rather than doing changes that affect so many other matchups. Not to mention that the blastzone changes make his matchups with other Melee tops such as Falco, Sheik, Marth, Falcon, etc. closer to how they were in Melee, not further away. Last time I checked, Melee players typically don't have a problem with Melee.

Thinking like Jason does is not only blatantly wrong, it's childish, short-sighted, toxic, and incredibly frustrating for a game development group. Can't even make obviously positive changes to the game without dealing with this kind of nonsense. *sigh* Sometimes I swear we end up having to handle PR more than we actually work on the game...

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
Thank you so much for clarifying. I just get scared of PMBR nerfing characters because they're doing well. I'm already scared for Mario nerfs, Link nerfs, and Luigi nerfs. But your explanation cleared that up a little.

don't listen to M2k, i respect the **** out of him as a player but his opinions and what he says and how he thinks wellllll its very disappointing, sure i shouldn't be expecting something out of someone i don't know, but i always thought that since he's one of the first people to start "researching" Melee, not to mention how he's the one who made all of the weight charts and all of that stuff, i guess i expect him to be mature and very very very knowledgeable about smash in general and not spout out crazy **** like "nah shieks meh tier for me"

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
ah don't worry kids. M2Kek, while a fantastic smasher, is just another player who's buttbamboozled over what he perceives as a character nerf or character change to his disatisfaction

like really this happens every new installment with many players some of which even included myself at times. so he'll just have to adapt or don't play.

too bad not many people are going to look at it this way due to whom he is and will take his word as holy score, effecting the potential player base of PM.

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
I'd like to think the world of Project M development revolved around me too. It's a novel concept, being so good at a video game that people want to nerf your character, but never in the history of forever has a character been nerfed because of the success of a single player. When a character is problematic enough to warrant changes, their abuse is found widespread, at several tournaments, by several players.

Fox was definitely not nerfed in 3.0, as the changelog illustrates if read. Saying the ceiling changes are actually a nerf to Fox is like saying the same if we made a few stages smaller (Fox no longer able to camp as hard on those stages). Dunno if Jason just doesn't realize this but there are only 41 matchups that Fox is in (one of which being the ditto); the blastzone changes affect 820 matchups. If we were planning on nerfing Fox's KO power, we'd just weaken his Up-Smash and/or U-air rather than doing changes that affect so many other matchups. Not to mention that the blastzone changes make his matchups with other Melee tops such as Falco, Sheik, Marth, Falcon, etc. closer to how they were in Melee, not further away. Last time I checked, Melee players typically don't have a problem with Melee.

Thinking like Jason does is not only blatantly wrong, it's childish, short-sighted, toxic, and incredibly frustrating for a game development group. Can't even make obviously positive changes to the game without dealing with this kind of nonsense. *sigh* Sometimes I swear we end up having to handle PR more than we actually work on the game...
Exactly. I feel the ceiling raises normalize a lot of stages. Some ceilings were way too low (cough Dracula's Castle).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Some ceilings were wrong. Kongo Jungle with a low ceiling? Whut? BEST FOX STAGE? Yes

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
pokes head out from my war zone shelter

a-am I safe? ok cool. hello swf (hereby referred to as "swiff") today was boxing day, I got some ps3 games, a proper-dang 1080p monitor, and also a very painful headache

I am satisfied. well, not with the headache, but everything else

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Some ceilings were wrong. Kongo Jungle with a low ceiling? Whut? BEST FOX STAGE? Yes
May God have mercy on the soul of whoever has that stage legal in a Project M tournament.

I'm looking at you, Hylian.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
get kage to hylian's area for at least one tournament, and place bets on the ratio of bairs hit on DK64:bairs hit on hylian IRL

I'm going to make someone very, very rich

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
May God have mercy on the soul of whoever has that stage legal in a Project M tournament.

I'm looking at you, Hylian.
Oracle had it legal before the ceiling increase/before 3.0. He took me there. We found out how early Fox killed :3

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Link is OK. He should still be losing to like half of M2K's characters though lol

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
how he thinks of link is probably mostly b/c his main sparring partner in P:M right now is IE6 and he's a really good link

link's underrated, at least. like he's not MK-levels of scary but he's still pretty damn good

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
did anyone catch gimpy's stream last night? i was on there twice and slapped with gnw ;w;

Oracle

Smash Master
link's new boomerang is really dumb if you shield it he just goes forest gump ping pong mode and keeps bouncing it off your shield BROKEN

also I just realized that the new charizard is salamence! took me way too long.

zman804

Smash Ace
Apparently there was a Christmas Tree Smashville uploaded to BrawlVault recently. Did anybody grab it before BV went down?

D

Deleted member

i've played IE, he's just a really, really good player. link is fine as is.

Top Bottom