• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I'm kind of hoping that it's a sign that Sheik isn't in the game for once. The appearance of Sheik in a new Smash doesn't really make sense when you consider that Sheik hasn't been relevant since Ocarina of Time.
plus you have a more recent character in SS impa that could function exactly like shiek, and finally allow for a split

though now there's going to be a million preteens from the SSB4 boards mad b/c this was a "heated argument" there oh god I didn't think this through spare me

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
Damn this new smashboards is snazzy. Does it fix any of the problems with accidently double posting at all?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
They layout looks... alright, aside from the color scheme. It actually feels like the site is running faster too. Now the question is whether it improves the functionality of the site.

Edit: The edit button now works for the first time in a year. I will now happily accept this change despite the visual downgrade.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Might just be me.

But the old design had literally fully just grown on me.

New design is throwing me off hard yo. I'm relatively new though so what does my opinion matter. +haha

My page also might be messed up.

Edit : It was definitely messed up. I couldn't even see the emoticon list a second ago.

Bryonato

Green Hat
Might just be me.

But the old design had literally fully just grown on me.

New design is throwing me off hard yo. I'm relatively new though so what does my opinion matter. +haha

My page also might be messed up.

Edit : It was definitely messed up. I couldn't even see the emoticon list a second ago.
Same here. I had really grown accustomed to the old design... meh

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
few probs I can think off the top of my head:

-there's buttons here and there that still have gradients on them, like bbcode stuff
-the design stretches out the entire window instead of stopping at a specific fixed width, so there's a lot of space that really doesn't need to be used and hurts readability on widescreen monitors
-I'm not exactly the biggest fan of how the fonts look on it (idek if this is a different font admittedly, could be a placebo)

other than that, bring on the flat color scheme, it looks nice

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like it. Except for the avatar background thing. Not a problem though just gotta bust out the ol' Photoshop.

GG, 10/10 sexy

Edit: quick edit works nice. Also I expect custom font colors and user banners will return shortly?

Edit 2: whoa I just refreshed and now the column width is way thinner.

Edit 3: and now it's back to wider

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
ohhhh man I just realied that you can have more height on your av

aaagh now I have to pick a new album cover. DECISIONS DECISIONS

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Wow, the upgrade is really nice, it has a mobile version too. Time to celebrate with a change of my avatar

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
So there's no way to collapse anything? Because a lot of people's
tags don't work anymore and some pages are now huge because of this.

That's really my only concern though. I love how the site is optimized for mobile now, as I had to zoom in a lot beforehand.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I really like how topics you've read are grey now, but I miss being able to see who is currently reading a topic. pls fix

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
I can't really say I like the new layout. I'll reserve judgement though, it'll just take some getting used to.

Shoto

Smash Apprentice

check out my gnw :3c
Your Game N Watch seems VERY good. I'm not very good myself, but you seem to be able to anticipate where the opponent is going to be, and what move to use in the situation. The way you use his neutral special attack is very skillful as well. I could see that you used it to stop Zelda from teleporting. Overall I give you a 10/10 on the mediocre level, and an 8/10 on the professional level.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
The site looks nicer imo.
Cleaner look overall, seems easier on the eyes to me.
Looking forward to more options beyond the current standard or Ruby.

edit: oh my this larger avatar business is fantastic
wasn't expecting to see a full size Zoro cat instead of the cropped version I had, that put a huge smile on my face.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i love that i look angry as **** when i concentrate

gotta play the intimidation mindgames outside of the game too

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Collapse tags don't work and I don't think they ever will again. However if you replace the word collapse with spoiler, they work perfectly fine.

Example:

See?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Spoiler tags like the good ol' days?
I can dig that.

I never liked having to switch to collapse tags to begin with.:drshrug:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
OK so I'm watching KTAR8 right now and it's Salem (ZSS) vs ADHD (Diddy). Brawl is actually kind of fun to watch with items flying all over the place. They really should have a certain item list on for tournaments. Otherwise the game is too borrrrrring.

Bryonato

Green Hat
OK so I'm watching KTAR8 right now and it's Salem (ZSS) vs ADHD (Diddy). Brawl is actually kind of fun to watch with items flying all over the place. They really should have a certain item list on for tournaments. Otherwise the game is too borrrrrring.
Diddy and ZSS are also two of the more technical characters in brawl (imo). They're fun to watch on a high level

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
I'm okay with the new changes. Except my text seems to render much slower as I'm typing it, the new layout causes a small amount of lag.

But I'm happy about the collapse tag changes because previously I never knew how to do them, I just typed spoiler and was disappointed when it didn't work

Top Bottom