• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I switch between a corded 360 off-brand and a wireless PS3 off-brand, whichever is closer and/or I can find first. Oh, I have GameCube controllers, just no computer adapter to actually use them, so I make do.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I thought I was the only one under this impression.
Why is wavedashing easier in melee than project m?
you are both very confused
the timing is the exact same
it may or may not be the case that the one frame momentum delay causes you to be (motionless) in the air for an extra frame
so it may or may not be the case that they take one frame longer total to finish
i've never seen actually confirmation on that though

otter

Smash Ace
Why is wavedashing easier in melee than project m?
I know! I don't think it's actually easier, it's just different. Which ever game you play more is going to seem easier.

My theory is that Brawl has more pre jump frames than Melee, so you need to hit the air dodge later to make it work, which seems fixable if the team chooses to do so.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
I know! I don't think it's actually easier, it's just different. Which ever game you play more is going to seem easier.

My theory is that Brawl has more pre jump frames than Melee, so you need to hit the air dodge later to make it work, which seems fixable if the team chooses to do so.
Brawl does have more jump startup. The team already chose to fix it. And did. Like, years ago.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
it may or may not be the case that the one frame momentum delay causes you to be (motionless) in the air for an extra frame
so it may or may not be the case that they take one frame longer total to finish
I know that they are the same. It still feels like it's easier to mess up the timing in PM, though. I've only noticed this with Marth, however, I'll have to see with the others too.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
last year a weird fluid came out of my ear, so i ignored it

i aint paying out the ass for a doctor to tell my i have an ear infection, it went away after a week

ALSO

merry christmas all of you

except DMG

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
american college debts are scary. actually most debts in america are scary tbh, medical emergencies shouldn't end up having the first question come up be "can I handle the debt" instead of "JESUS CHRIST MY HEAD IS BLEEDING FIX IT FIX IT"

LOLOLOLOL american debts are scary but at least you can "handle it" even when you technically can't, for example if you just got stabbed by your not-so-friendly neighborhood hobo and go to the hospital and you KNOW you can't pay for it bc your health insurance is ****, the hospital will still patch you up and then smack you with the bill.

In my country (and many other 3rd world countries) the exact same scenario happens until you get to the hospital, then it looks like the last season of Lost

1- You go to the ONLY state hospital (which will be pretty far in most cases) that is actually usable and has some medical equipment, get patched up and leave before they make you swear your left hand to right hand to God that you will vote for x political party that supports said state hospital

2- You realize the only good state hospital is either too far away or remember that it doesn't have an emergency center, so you go to another state hospital but you remember that all of those hospitals don't even have band-aids (yes its that bad) so you run to a clinic and grab everything you think you need and go to hospital to then get checked and then head out again to get whats left

3- You have a family member that is a doctor and works in a private clinic or hospital, hopefully you have a good relationship with him/her and got him/her a present for they're birthday so he/she will treat you accordingly

4- You have no insurance but can pay and go to a private clinic/hospital to then get ass-***** financially

5- You have no insurance and no money on you to pay, yet there is no other hospital that is close apart from a private clinic, you, wounded badly, drive to the clinic knowing/hoping that they would never let you die on their floor and that they would not be so inhuman as to not take you in and THEN ass-**** you financially, you arrive and tell them the situation and then they check all of your bank records to see if you could ever pay them back, in the midst of checking all of this, you die.

6- You have insurance that won't cut it but at least you could make up the rest with hard work, so you realize there is no other hospital that is close apart from a private clinic, you, wounded badly, drive to the clinic knowing/hoping that they would never let you die on their floor and that they would not be so inhuman as to not take you in and THEN ass-**** your insurance and then you financially, you arrive and tell them the situation and then they check your insurance and then bank records to see if you could ever pay them back, in the midst of checking all of this, you die.

7- You have amazing insurance that could pay for Africa but you have no connection what-so-ever to anybody in any hospital/clinic and you do not have a known name, so you realize there is no other hospital that is close apart from a private clinic, you, wounded badly, drive to the clinic knowing/hoping that they would never let you die on their floor and that they would not be so inhuman as to not take you in and THEN hand you the bill, you arrive and tell them the situation and then they check your insurance, in the midst of checking this, you die.

Thats how the medical system works in my country anyways, a neighbor of mine had a 17 year old son (this was two years ago) that suddenly had a stroke or a heart attack or something and they rushed him to a private clinic, these people are loaded, yet the guy died in his fathers arms while the reception was checking to make sure his insurance could pay for everything, true story, and just for reference, this is one out of many people in worse situations that can actually pay, everyone else is screwed most of the time

EDIT: where are my manners? Merry Xmas everyone!

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
I always found WD weird in PM, which is why I switched my Y button (GC pad) to shield so I can roll from X to Y while holding a down-diagonal and wave dashing suddenly became easier in P:M, at least that was my way of solving it, I really should get back to using L trigger.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero

Brawl does have more jump startup. The team already chose to fix it. And did. Like, years ago.
Afaik brawl had the same jumpstart lengths, in general, the only difference was a dead frame on the first frame you were airborne, which was fixed, and barely matter anyway due to buffer in brawl

I am convinced you need to air dodge a frame or two later in pm than melee.
no... the timings are the same
you are imagining things

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
If there's a 1 frame difference, that might explain it, if anything is 1 frame off on anything it screws me up majorly, I can't play at all on a tv with even 1 frame of lag

I play P:M a lot more than melee, I only recently started playing melee consistently, and I can perfect wavedash with Falco in melee all day, but I screw up quite a few times in P:M trying to wavedash

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Being that I just turned 21, what's the best drink to make egg nog hard?

Most people go with either Rum/Brandy or Whisky(bourbon specifically). I personally like Korbel a lot, it has a nice balance with the eggnog flavor where as most rums are overtaken by the eggnog taste(though if you want it mild rum is probably best for you and still yummy). Mixing brandy and rum can also go rather well if you know what you are doing. Sometimes adding a little kahluah can be amazing if you want something different. Don't forget the nutmeg! :p

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
+1 for bourban and eggnog... or bourbam and anything for that matter... or just bourban neat though I recommend ice if you're new to bourban but it's got to be good if you're drinking it straight
Also +1 for anything involving rum and Kahluah

Ginge

Smash Ace
Merry Christmas for the people on the East Coast of the US. And to all the people who have been having Christmas for hours already. And because I won't be here, to the people who will get Christmas in a few hours, too.

And have a good Wednesday to those that don't celebrate Christmas.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Plum have you really never eaten a plum? Those things are pretty amazing.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I have a food aversion and plums are just part of the list of things I've never had
The name just kind of happened because my at the time usual tag didn't fit with Melee's four character limit and it was the first four letter word that came to mind at a fest

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Cherry Sninbus. Melly Chronzo. Molly Christina

I'm out of funny not-christmas names. happy day of wasteful wrapping paper, now get outta here and enjoy/acknowledge/tolerate your family/loved ones/people who don't play videogames

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35467

*Project M v3.0 Ready*
This stage is made to fit every version of Project M.
There may be Aesthetic updates in the future.
*Video coming soon*
*COMPLETE CHANGELIST* from the Brawl version:
- The main stage has received a size increase.
- The rock cave no longer has a collision and is now pushed to the back.
- All of the lasers and momentum changing, stage shifting, mind binding, rage inducing affects are now gone.
- Each stage now has their respective legendary on them animated through the entire match(Each lake will appear after a few minutes I think)
- The Blast Zones/Death Boundaries has been increased to fit Project M 3.0's Boundaries increase.(F*ck you too fox)
- Bottom Blast Zone is near flawless
- Camera has been adjusted
- Darkrai is now added to the 3rd Spear Pillar pack.
- The platforms are now in a static placement and are the original size of Brawl's Spear Pillar
- Legendaries no longer attack you nor do they step onto the main stage.
Huh, neat. Seems like it'd be fun to use.

What do you guys think?

Top Bottom