• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
omg the Mario Kart Direct is amazing.

Edit: never mind they dissed year of Luigi, ruined forever.

Edit 2: forget about the first edit, Reggie actually said Reggiemendation it's fixed now.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
use a tripod
oh wait I think I got it, I'll put my smartphone up against something like a klenex box, and put that on top of a chair..on top of another chair. Actually I think I'm still doubting just how bad my smartphone needs an actual zoom to see the screen especially if the tourney CRT is small. Okay so I'ma go with my Camera on top of a tripod then, and see if there's any ways to fix this hissing and scan lines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxaNbelxI_8

Last edited:

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
So I'm sitting in my room balancing a sprite bottle on my head while watching anime, yeah you could say my life is pretty sweet.

Vashimus

Smash Master
omg the Mario Kart Direct is amazing.
Truth be told, I never really got hyped for Mario Kart 8 because c'mooooooon.... it's just like every other Mario Kart but with new bells and whistles. Not like they're reinventing the wheel here. No pun intended.

I got hype.

Last edited:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
oh wait I think I got it, I'll put my smartphone up against something like a klenex box, and put that on top of a chair..on top of another chair. Actually I think I'm still doubting just how bad my smartphone needs an actual zoom to see the screen especially if the tourney CRT is small. Okay so I'ma go with my Camera on top of a tripod then, and see if there's any ways to fix this hissing and scan lines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxaNbelxI_8
You're coming dangerously close to reaching way that I used to stream before I got a capture card.

http://www.twitch.tv/hotdogturtle/c/1962580

zman804

Smash Ace
If anyone has questions regarding starting up a stream I'd love to help. It's surprising how cheap you can go.

Also, we're live at The Pit featuring Heyseuss, K9 and some Pikachu player named Axe.

twitch.tv/azprojectmelee

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I'll always love MKDS, it was my first Mario Kart game after the snes version. Also it got stolen with my old DS at school a long time ago, but luckily the guy who stole it was dumb and brought it to school the next day, got it back because it had my records on it.

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm watching @ Hylian Hylian do... OK... at Sonic http://www.twitch.tv/hylian88
Chat made it so fun, Tgap saved the day like 12 times lmao.

After I beat sonic 1 I beat sonic 2 and then started playing SA2:B and ended the stream by giving everyone in my stream chat Chao and letting them name them XD. Was good times. So many chao to raise now x.x.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
MK64 is hands down da bess in the series. Banshee Boardwalk is super ******** though.

MK8 seems legit. DAT SPACESHIP RAINBOW ROAD THO.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
MK Wii bikes > all
Such nice control
Looks like they'll be changing that in MK8. They made it so the karts are faster but the bikes have a better time handling tight curves. Well at least that's what one of the devs showed.

Greek

Smash Rookie
I'm new to smash coming from other fighting games like SF4, UMVC3, etc and I'm looking to pick up a character who will help me learn the game. I'm curious what characters people recommend to learn the fundamentals of the game before trying harder to play characters. Like in SF4 there is Ryu, Balrog, and a few others to help teach the basics before you move on to a higher skill cap character. What characters do you feel fit the "fundamental" character roles in this game?

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Mario is a good character to learn the fundamentals.

-----------------
Mario Kart DS was good.

But I had the most fun with Double Dash.

8 Looks promising tho.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Mario is solid and good to play. So is Sheik.

Fox/Falco/Wolf aren't really... fundamental characters, I feel. They do some fundamental things well and then also have cheaty mccheater things.

But Mario, Sheik, Marth (sorta) are all solid 1st characters. I think Zelda is also very fundamental/basic so you could play her too.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Imo Ganon is the best fundamentals character. He's literally straight shffling. You also get the benefit of practicing different shffl timings because his aerials are all different with regards to frame data.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Ganon isn't a good fundamentals character.
Ganondorf is a good "I want to act like I have good fundamentals" character, but what you're really doing is playing the game on hard mode. Learning good Smash fundamentals is already hard enough.

Top Bottom