• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
It's a great idea - just keep in mind that the biggest smash events in MA (Smashing Grounds weeklies/monthlies, Game Over) already have their own streams, so you'd pretty much have to cover all the smaller tournaments. Might be worthwhile to expand your service to CT, RI, and NH.
I could probably cover Game Over to give them some better stream quality, since I plan to get an HD capture card. I also hope to work something out with NZA because I really want all those matches uploaded to YouTube and not just sitting on a Twitch archive that most people won't watch.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
I actually have a lot of experience with a low budget streaming set up. I did that for Smashing Grounds and managed to get something decent going. Right now I'd say we have a mid budget streaming set up.

The only time a low budget really starts to interfere with quality is when you throw in multiple USB cameras, and/or stream HD.

I could probably cover Game Over to give them some better stream quality, since I plan to get an HD capture card. I also hope to work something out with NZA because I really want all those matches uploaded to YouTube and not just sitting on a Twitch archive that most people won't watch.
If you plan on streaming HD, I hope you have a really good computer. Actually in the long run, we'd like for someone to take over streaming at Smashing Grounds (you should actually work it out with me, not NZA, since I handle the stream). I will be a lot less active in competitive Smash after the next Apex, and I remember NZA telling me he probably won't even be around MA anymore next december.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
If you plan on streaming HD, I hope you have a really good computer. Actually in the long run, we'd like for someone to take over streaming at Smashing Grounds (you should actually work it out with me, not NZA, since I handle the stream). I will be a lot less active in competitive Smash after the next Apex, and I remember NZA telling me he probably won't even be around MA anymore next december.
My laptop is on the better side strength wise, my only reference is that I can run Dolphin and PCSX2 near flawlessly. I also use my laptop to run KDJ's stream whenever I'm present. So yeah I'd like to work something out with you in the future once I have a decent amount of my equipment ready.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
My laptop is on the better side strength wise, my only reference is that I can run Dolphin and PCSX2 near flawlessly. I also use my laptop to run KDJ's stream whenever I'm present. So yeah I'd like to work something out with you in the future once I have a decent amount of my equipment ready.
Sounds good. Also keep in mind you'll have to use Game Underground's twitch account, and if you wanna help us upload videos from twitch to youtube we could actually give you the login info now and get you to work on that. Also all the equipment you need to stream is at game underground, so if you wanna try bringing your laptop in for a test at Smashing Grounds I can set you up really easily. You'll just have to come a little early so we can get all the settings done.

Last edited:

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Sounds good. Also keep in mind you'll have to use Game Underground's twitch account, and if you wanna help us upload videos from twitch to youtube we could actually give you the login info now and get you to work on that. Also all the equipment you need to stream is at game underground, so if you wanna try bringing your laptop in for a test at Smashing Grounds I can set you up really easily. You'll just have to come a little early so we can get all the settings done.
Sounds fine with me. Also, I usually get to Smashing Grounds during PM registering time. I won't be there until next week though.

Apollo Ali

Smash Journeyman
Just to be clear, most of Smashing Grounds matchups are on youtube. Maybe one or two weeks got eaten by Twitch but otherwise Sprawlers and Joe! has been very good with getting them up on youtube. Sprawlers in particular deserves credit for putting MA's PM scene on the map very quickly.

Last edited:

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Yeah. I do have the option "automatically archive videos" or w/e checked, but it looks like you still gotta go to the actual video and tell it to "save forever." o_O

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Unless you're a partnered stream, you have to hit "Save forever" on any vids you want to save.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Okay that sounded weird, Im fine with sharing music I like; what Imeant to say is that im not sure if anyone would like what I put, so I dont want to trouble myself making a pack that would be ignored.
Well congratz you only made me more interested lol.
You don't have to make a pack, you can simply upload the ones you feel like sharing to a mediafire like I did.
And I don't know what you mean by weird tastes but I'll have you know I listen to t=NODE and Xe so I'm not scared easily.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
telu i can share some of the stuff i use, i use Alstromeria, demetori and iron attack to name a afew

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
So now that I am a Smash "Champ"ion, I felt the need to celebrate by making a totally original profile pic.

Also, I am apparently such a skilled interwebs I can be using ad block and have ads at the same time, thanks Smashboards.

EDIT: I'm not actually using ad block, it's just saying I'm using ad block

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
So today I found out that in my university there's a room called "The dark room". So I asked my English professor what the room is used for.
He looked at me, paused, and said " Its where we turn students into Philosopher Stones" then he smirked at me and walked away. So now I know my professor has seen Full metal alchemist ( that or he's a Homunculus).

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
First thing I would have guessed, photography.

Both taking pics and making stones involve stealing someone's soul, so it's not like I would have been that far off either.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Yer a wizard Shairn
With poor memory
How could you forget me ;_;
I was keeping a mental backlog of people I had to register and didn't figure to check the actual list of entries. Sorry!

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
i had a dream this morning that i had like a small dev build of smash 4 where i could see hitboxes and do debug stuff. pressed R a few times and it scrolled through some debug stuff at the top and then went to a screenshot of Gecko dotNet (what i use to make codes) and i was like "wow they use the same tool i do!"

then i woke up :<

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zC1zArmnnVU#t=461
:GCDR::GCD::GCDR:

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer How many frames is MK, Squirtle, Diddy, Ike, and Marth airborn in a Short hop? If you perform an aerial immediately after leaving jump squat, I heard you're overall height in the jump is reduced in Melee, does that apply to Brawl/PM and to both SH and FH?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKVWkbSMTvI
Does this along with the grab break mechanic they talk about still apply to PM?
Ike's is in the frame data thread somewhere. I'm not checking the others right now because I need my nap.

Nap come to me.

I don't think whatever mechanic you're talking about exists in P:M.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I forgot my smartphone needs to be like -3 foot from the Tv to get a good picture since it ain't got real zoom...

Oh, a shirt pocket might work

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
tbh not just ordering a capture card is really unjustified nowadays, good ones can be incredibly cheap and most setups people try with cameras would cost just as much

easycap + AV audio out to computer input is like 15 bucks at worst

SpiderMad

Smash Master
tbh not just ordering a capture card is really unjustified nowadays, good ones can be incredibly cheap and most setups people try with cameras would cost just as much

easycap + AV audio out to computer input is like 15 bucks at worst
You have to carry around a laptop though

I think I'ma go with my old cheap camera along with this dollar store 1 foot tripod on top of a foldable box that I put on a chair. It doesn't have a frame rate though that gets rid of the black lines, and the batteries die in 10 mins as well as it makes an annoying constant hiss on the recording.

If only that one company still made those portable recorders, there's a couple nowadays I hear but they're all expensive

Last edited:
Top Bottom