• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

GrosMinou

Turbo Scrub

So if this turns out to be true and they have a Smash Invitational then holy crap.
They didn't give much information.. :( and having a Smash 4 Tournament before it is even released is gonna me weird, in my opinion.

The other thing is that Nintendo really like the timed mode for smash game, So I wonder if this tournament is gonna be like that...

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
The tourney is very likely going to be very casual mode, but just the fact that Nintendo take it upon themselves to organise one and acknowledge the competitive scene says a lot, and it's pretty amazing. Watch M2K hog the best buy stations.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
It's gonna be with items on obviously which i am cool with. I'm honesty surprised that we haven't did a items tourney in the community to gain casuals in and to have a fun side event yet?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The tourney is very likely going to be very casual mode, but just the fact that Nintendo take it upon themselves to organise one and acknowledge the competitive scene says a lot, and it's pretty amazing. Watch M2K hog the best buy stations.
dude I'll be right there with him

I'll ****ing camp outside of my local Best Buy and neckbeard that **** up.

Smooth Criminal

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I have a feeling that they gonna mess it up in some way just saying.

EDIT: Sakurai definitely be paying attention to Project M. I wonder if he will admit in future interview that PM inspired him on some mechanics?

Last edited:

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
It's gonna be with items on obviously which i am cool with. I'm honesty surprised that we haven't did a items tourney in the community to gain casuals in and to have a fun side event yet?
I don't think it'll have items on.

1. At the E3 demo last year, Sakurai had items off.
2. "For Glory" mode.
3. Using the term "Smash Fest" + even having a tournament at all is an acknowledgement of the competitive scene in general.
4. The fact that this is an invitational means that the 16 are likely going to be coming from the competitive scene, which they know doesn't use items.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord

EDIT: Sakurai definitely be paying attention to Project M. I wonder if he will admit in future interview that PM inspired him on some mechanics?
Also Charizard has a forward air that's very similar to the one in PM. Granted, it's necessary to have a proper claw move because Mega Charizard X has Tough Claws.

Last edited:

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer

This is actually the mechanic I hate most in PM, so...crap.

Bleck

Smash Master
Sakurai definitely be paying attention to Project M. I wonder if he will admit in future interview that PM inspired him on some mechanics?
It may have been that, or it may have been him deciding to develop the game with competitiveness in mind and coming to the obvious conclusion that edgehogging is literally the lamest mechanic in the entire universe

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Edgehogging is the most important mechanic in Smash that gives it real depth. Without it, or dumb it down too much which I fear may happen, and you lose much of the strategy and tactics unique to the series.

The tether mechanic exists in that form in Project M because it's not possible to fix the automatic ledge snap.

Doesn't seem like they are fixing that here to be more dynamic because Sakurai probably thinks this system is good enough but I'm sure the Project M developers would love to be able to fundamentally change the mechanic if they could.

Vashimus

Smash Master

Oh yeah I'm saving this. Nintendo's got its edge back.

EDIT: Ignore. Help me Aerodrome D:

Last edited by a moderator:

SunJester

Smash Ace
Even if its items, timed and on one of the myriad of walk-offs, it's still going to be by far the best look we'll have at the engine and the mechanics until it the game comes out.

So that'll be cool.

Bleck

Smash Master
Edgehogging is the most important mechanic in Smash that gives it real depth. Without it, or dumb it down too much which I fear may happen, and you lose much of the strategy and tactics unique to the series.
that's the dumbest thing I've ever read

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i'd rather just play smash yknow
wowowowowowoowowowowowowow im mildly disappointed

also lets record some friendlies and mm's

i put friendlies first because i work friday night to morning and idk if ill be well rested enough to play well. hopefully i will.

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
So am I going to be the only one with a GC controller adapter in best buy? I'm ready to hog a TV until I get kicked out

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

hello there and welcome to brawl, all the top tiers are shown properly of course

(man, K9's movement is fun)

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828

Oh yeah I'm saving this. Nintendo's got its edge back.
September 23, 1889, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture, Ιαπωνία
Nintendo's founding traits.
Who said they ever lost it?

wow the preemptive johns
The best of johns. I used them all the time when I was retired a year and a half ago.
The Johninator is displeased.

http://jsbin.com/meqavero

speaking of skype groups we have Jesus and God in our group LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Where's the accurately-named eldritch horror to round out the mythical set of 3?!

God confirms M2k is Devil

M2k is hell
M2k is Death
M2k is a model example of what NOT to EVER do in any social scenario.

That's actually a good thing lol. The Roy one seems to be dead most of the time in my experience.
Samus and DK skype groups links.
Now.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
We should get M2K or someone else who gets invited to corner Sakurai and ask him about his thoughts on Project M.

Do you people realize that this will be the first ever contact between the community and the makers of the games?

Kati

Smash Lord

hello there and welcome to brawl, all the top tiers are shown properly of course

(man, K9's movement is fun)
nice set, but does it bother anyone else when the game is set to 16:9 while it's played on a 4:3 screen? PS2 takes on chibi proportions.

Top Bottom