• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
>Pokémon past Gen3

Wait, ****. Forget I said anything.

There should be a variation on Godwin's law regarding pokémon in this thread.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I was waiting for a falco to destoy fox during the entire tournament, im happy

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
It made me feel warm and fuzzy when someone recognized my name in a stream
It's hard for me to miss your name because of the YARS REVENGE part of it. That was hilarious when it first became a thing, shoutouts to SFDebris.

Wow, Co***rigus is even censored here. lol
This is how you know something has to give. Lighten up, SWF.

No Items
No Fox
No Final Desination
Marvel vs Capcom.
Say when. I love playing 3, best characters.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Licensing issues make an international release a no go. That's how it's always been with Shonen Jump crossover games for as long as I can remember.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
But that game actually looks sick as ****. I mean look how majestic it is. Would get day one if it gets an English patch for at least the directions on how to play the game.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Mango's Falco, disregarding the phantasm suicide, was ON point!

And man, Darrell and Abate in the top 10. Good lord is that impressive or what?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Dat Samus in top 4 tho.
Mango's Falco, disregarding the phantasm suicide, was ON point!

And man, Darrell and Abate in the top 10. Good lord is that impressive or what?
Gives hope for those lone Samus and Luigi players cause I love to see underused characters bopping dudes. And In Project M news more people should use Zelda and Olimar more especially Olimar cause that character is slept on.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
That's been in for ages now, probably since moonwalks came back into PM though I didn't learn about it until probably like 6 months ago
you can also use it for other weird things like pivot walking/one-frame crouches (which is useless)
i knew about pivot walking and all that ****, just not the moonwalking. I love it, using it all the time now

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Gives hope for those lone Samus and Luigi players cause I love to see underused characters bopping dudes. And In Project M news more people should use Zelda and Olimar more especially Olimar cause that character is slept on.
Just goes to show that even in Melee's more-than-a-decade-old meta, people can still surprise us. I can't even imagine what PM will look like in 2 years, specially if more people start using slept-on characters like you mentioned. Olimar has just recently started to grow on me (and no, it's not only because of Hbox), I used to find him boring and lacking in certain departments.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Just goes to show that even in Melee's more-than-a-decade-old meta, people can still surprise us. I can't even imagine what PM will look like in 2 years, specially if more people start using slept-on characters like you mentioned. Olimar has just recently started to grow on me (and no, it's not only because of Hbox), I used to find him boring and lacking in certain departments.
And thus Melee will become the SF3:3S of the smash community over time. And Project M I honesty don't know. Also I don't see alot of Wolf's sadly outside of Silent Wolf and Rat because I'm slowly learning the character and I hope I hear commentary when a Wolf player gets a combo into a Side-B folks will yell out John Talbain. Folks who played Darstalkers series will get the reference.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Is it me or does it feel like it's been ages since anything has happened for Project M?
Do not worry, the PMBR has stated that "cool ****" is on the way. Maintain reasonable levels of hype and thou shall not be disappointed.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Is it me or does it feel like it's been ages since anything has happened for Project M?
You're not THAT new here are you? PM only gets updates like every 6-8 months or so, maybe with a bug/balance patch in between or early after the most recent release. It's only been 4 months and a day since the last release, simmer down. If you're losing steam at this point you might as well leave anyway because the next big character-related update will probably be the last.

Oracle

Smash Master
Greetings from beijing! Spending about a week over here for a family vacation. The lack of facebook/youtube is gonna get to me lol

Bryonato

Green Hat
nice dude! glad you had a safe flight. is it really as smoggy as all those pictures I see? or is that Hong Kong or something?

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
You're not THAT new here are you? PM only gets updates like every 6-8 months or so, maybe with a bug/balance patch in between or early after the most recent release. It's only been 4 months and a day since the last release, simmer down. If you're losing steam at this point you might as well leave anyway because the next big character-related update will probably be the last.
Not like that.

It just feels like it's been ages. Even the wait from 2.6 to 3.0 didn't feel as long despite actually being longer.

It sounds like you think I'm losing interest in Project M.
If that interpretation is correct, that isn't what I mean. Project M is still solid as a game experience and I can play it as long as I've been playing melee. I'm just saying that it doesn't feel like anything has happened.

Not a bad thing, but since the PMBR said this wasn't their final release but most of the important stuff is done I wouldn't really expect them to keep that same 6-8 month format on updates since almost everything is done.

I mean unless they are working on the subspace emissary at this point. That probably would take ages to get working properly again.

Do not worry, the PMBR has stated that "cool ****" is on the way. Maintain reasonable levels of hype and thou shall not be disappointed.
I already know about the upcoming "Cool ****" which I am attempted to be hyped for but at this point I don't know what to expect to be honest. Feeling kind of hard to get hyped about "Cool ****" for some reason though.

Hype back then was like what character is coming back into the game next and that had me consistently hyped. I don't have any idea what I am supposed to be hype for right now other than alt costumes (Which honestly doesn't get me as hyped as other things)

My hype meter is confused to be blunt.

What exactly do u mean by "anything"?
Honestly hard to explain.

I mean a lot of things have happened for Project M since 3.0, but it doesn't feel like anything has happened. It's not a bad thing.

It'd probably be more accurate to say "it feels like it's been ages since the PMBR has said/done anything." While obviously they are working (And posting here :smirk:) on other things.

Maybe I just miss Turbo Tuesday and the blogposts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom