• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Cause America homie. 5th Gen was the rise of big stats poppin and little thing squashing. It's base 97 speed hurts it and it's movepool as well.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Ugh the 5th generation...... Can only think of 15 pokemon I like from it.
Even with a base stat of 147, Haxorus is..... kinda trash >.>
and HOW THE HELL IS GOODRA A PSEUDO-LEGENDARY??????

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Same here lol but 5th gen is my third favorite gen actually so yeah.

Edit: it's actually 3rd favorite but yeah I wonder that about Goodra actually.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Everything after Gen3 was just increasingly disappointing in my opinion.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I don't like pokemon talk because I get ragged on for not liking festering **** like scrafty. 5th gen was the only one I didn't bother playing at all, mostly in part due to the abysmal selection of mons. There are probably about four pokemon in those games that don't make me want to /wrist in pain.

Gen VI's selection is much more welcoming. A lot less legendaries and extended evolution lines to pad the dex make its number of new mons look small, but that's much more a good thing than bad. It makes for a spread of Pokemon from many of the past generations alongside the new ones, and the only ones that are really disgusting are ******sby and bara the muscly barnacle.

Plus it gave us Slurpuff so for that I am forever grateful.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-63010008

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
All of them make no difference for me, theyre all pokemon, not animals. Theyre supposed to look weird to begin with.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Weird Pokemon started in Gen 4. Stranger Pokemon started in Gen 5. And truly "We've run out of ideas and are desperate" was Gen 6

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Gen VI's designs are much more acceptable that most anything from the previous two. Gogoat made me want the games as soon as I saw his Mononoke-looking ass.

They "ran out of ideas" in Gen II, when everything was based on an already existing Japanese myth. Wow a tsuchinoko Pokemon so inspired so original.

Gen II still has my favorites in design, by the by. I'm just saying that to claim a lack of ideas is a bit disingenuous when this gen has a perfume-bottle-plague-doctor-flamingo pokemon using similar elements of all three.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So why is Haxorus' base attack so high? Just Why?
Base 147 Attack is something I'd expect from an uber.
I guess you never seen a Rampardos then with it's base 165 atk granted everything about it sucks though.

Gen VI's designs are much more acceptable that most anything from the previous two. Gogoat made me want the games as soon as I saw his Mononoke-looking ***.

They ran "out of ideas" on Gen II when everything was based on an already existing japanese myth. Wow a tsuchinoko Pokemon so inspired so original.

Gen II still has my favorites in design, by the by. I'm just saying that to claim a lack of ideas is a bit disingenuous when this gen has a perfume-bottle-plague-doctor-flamingo pokemon using similar elements of all three.
That was one of the reasons I wanted 6th gen as well just because of Gogoat.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Well, if they're really running out of ideas I'd expect they would use more well known animals that we haven't seen before, like a dolphin instead of a sea barnacle. But that's probably just me I guess. They also need a real wolf Pokemon, hopefully ice type, though I know Mightyena and Manectric exist neither is like an Arctic wolf so that would be nice to see.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Well, if they're really running out of ideas I'd expect they would use more well known animals that we haven't seen before, like a dolphin instead of a sea barnacle. But that's probably just me I guess. They also need a real wolf Pokemon, hopefully ice type, though I know Mightyena and Manectric exist neither is like an Arctic wolf so that would be nice to see.
We need 8 arcticfoxes!

EDIT: This is a joke directed at the user @arcticfox8 so please do not be offended.

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I guess you never seen a Rampardos then with it's base 165 atk granted everything about it sucks though.

That was one of the reasons I wanted 6th gen as well just because of Gogoat.
Yeah I never played the Sinnoh based games. Only time I've seen one was when it was OHKO'd by surf in White/White2.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Ash was actually extremely competent in Sinnoh between the 16-episode spans of filler.

His 2-episode battle against Paul is probably the closest the anime will get to emulating the mentality of playing the games competitively.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
This ain't Kanto bro that never happens anymore. Ash get bodied by the writers more than young people getting bodied by college debt.

EDIT: IT sucks cause Ash gets top 16 past generation till Hoenn then he got top 8 I believe and in Sinnoh he got top 4 but lost to some last minute dude on top that of that Ash didn't bring all of his best pokes. Battle was hype but BS written all over it. Unova League was bad as well cause he lost to some chump who only brought 5 pokes and his Riolu evolved mid battle and stat sweeping him hella. Short story Ash loses to nonsense on his own accord and/or the writers body him.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Ash should have won, I don't get it, though.
Ash lost to teach us some moral lesson or something I'm sure. . . Like 'it's okay to lose sometimes'. . .
Right. . . ?
No matter, the anime is largely inconsistent. TPP is better anyways, it's more blatantly ridiculous.

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
Yeah, gen6 running out of idea. I mean really, what the **** is this garbage T-rex Pokemon? Or starters based on classic RPG archetypes? A Peregrine Falcon? What a load of uninspired Bull.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Razor Wind too.

Mist and Safeguard don't work near as well as they should either. Neither protect you from self-inflicted debuffs, and both have never been competitively viable. With Defog buffed, they have all the more reason to be more usable.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
razor wind? wtf, guys, that sounds even more flying that whirlwind?

was sakurai on the gamefreaks dev team or some ****?

Top Bottom