• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Because League now refers to AoE CC/damage team comps as wombo combo comps.
Your team sequences all their **** together to blow up the enemy team in one fell swoop.
AKA what you would expect if you were to translate wombo combo as we use it into a MOBA environment.
If you want super hype audience going ape **** over it you won't get that in a MOBA crowd though. Doesn't really matter how hype **** is, MOBA crowds are just quiet compared to FGC crowds... It's just a different environment. For instance just compare how each scene uses commentary. FGC uses commentary to make better quality streams, but when you're at the event itself you don't really care because the action is going on right in front of you. This is also how traditional sports treat commentary; it's there when you watch on TV but not when you're there live. At MOBA events the crowd stays relatively quiet and listens to the commentary, and being too loud is considered disrespectful to those around you who are trying to listen to the commentary.
Personally I don't get it... but that's how their scenes developed so whatever.
It's how they grow and started. Pretty much Arcade/Console gaming vs PC gaming also there a little bit of a economic factor as well in the beginning as well cause PC crowd tend to be suburban kids mostly while for fighting games, it started in the arcades with all walks of life from rich to poor and how things and time went over time it slowly change with the rise of MLG and other E-sports divisions as well with the personality developed over the years for the scenes.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm mad that Cresselia isn't part fairy and that The Celfairy and Jigglypuff line lost their normal typing with the introduction of it.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I like Granbull actually it's just it's the only Fairy Type with a decent defense stat. That's why I want a super swole Fairy type.

Also this Twitchplayspokemon stuff and the artwork for it is getting to real and hype.

http://imgur.com/gallery/8xMxY

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
The Dota 2 crowd has got some pretty hype commentary though. Like seriously, the guys at the International were making it seem like purchasing the damn courier was the game-winning decision. Then again, they are most probably payed by Valve, so they are forced to deliver.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
lol Dragon types are still the best even with those little pixies being introduced.
The Dota 2 crowd has got some pretty hype commentary though. Like seriously, the guys at the International were making it seem like purchasing the damn courier was the game-winning decision. Then again, they are most probably payed by Valve, so they are forced to deliver.
Dota 2 does have pretty hype commentary ever now and then.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I remember when the only dragon types were Dratini, Dragonair, Winged Barney and Gyarados. Good times...

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Helix will return to us tenfold what the Dome hath taken away
I want to try and make a TTGL pun here SO badly.
On an unrelated note, Cave Story is amazing. Would recommend.
+1. Super Metroid ballpark quality easy.

EDIT: TTGL WMG joke thing has to happen. I gotta do something with it. I can't not.

Helix = Spirals(this was a no brainer.)
Dome = Anti-Spirals/non Dai-Gurren Brigade pre-Siege of Teppelin.

GOGOGO

Last edited:

Bryonato

Green Hat
Streaming Smash tonight with one of my close friends. Tonight we're doing this months PIZZA GIVEAWAY OH DAMN! If you win we'll order you a pizza. The stream starts in a little over an hour (sorry East coast).

Hopefully people will be nicer about it this time.

Anyways doing the first one @ 25 viewers and a potential second one if we reach 400 followers. Preemptive thank you to everyone who comes to hang out. See you then.
www.twitch.tv/bryonato

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
**** Helix fossil.
Dome fossil all day.
Dome fossil can live in a world of anarchy just fine.

You know what Helix fossil doesn't get?
Sword arms.

SWORD ARMS

JOE!

Smash Hero
Going any higher than Furfrou's base 60 defense on a theoretical Fur Coat user is honestly unnecessary, especially if you're giving it a decent base HP. In all honesty, if you're bumping up the HP pool any higher than Furfrou's 75 it would actually be smart to lower the defense if you want a balanced physical wall.
Consider that Furfrou tanks physical damage based on stats alone better than the likes of Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Forretress. Uninvested, Furfrou has the equivalent of an uninvested 150 base defense. A fully invested Furfrou has the equivalent of a fully invested 170 base defense. Yeah, it's craaazy.

Furfrou's issues are its poor defensive typing (zero resists and one immunity is poor defensive coverage, and it's weak to fighting), it has a pretty lackluster movepool, and even less offensive presence than other walls in the meta. It has crazy physical bulk though.
Wait, wouldn't it have a 120 base defense due to physical moves being halved? That's the same as x2 defense, no?

zman804

Smash Ace
Did somebody say JoJo's? I love me some JoJo's. 4, 2 and 7 were the best. Kira is one of the coolest vilians ever.

Actual Part 4 spoilers ahead. I love the second half of part 4 were Kira was slowly merging with the new family and the kid was trying to find him out. That whole dynamic was fantastic. I wonder if Jouske and crew were taken care of, maybe Kira would have blended in? Get some hands on the downlow but otherwise lead a normal family life?

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Nah man F*ck the dome and helix fossils.
Its all about the armor fossil baby!!!!!

BASTIODON = BEST FOSSIL POKEMON 2006-2014

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Wait, wouldn't it have a 120 base defense due to physical moves being halved? That's the same as x2 defense, no?
Not exactly.
The formula for base stats isn't so simple where doubling the base stat doubles the result.
HP uses

and all other stats use

So just as a quick example, a base value of 60, with perfect 31 IV's, a full 252 invested EV's, at level 100 (not including nature) will get you 219 defense.
At base 120 defense you get 339.
Fur Coat halves physical damage, which is the equivalent of doubling it's defense value. So that 219 defense can be considered 438 for all intents and purposes. Solving the equation from there will get ~170 base defense.
So Fur Coat is even more insane than it seems at first glance, as are similar abilities like Huge Power.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
So apparently you can livestream modern video games, but doing the same for cartoons from the 80s, or a similarly long time ago, isn't kosher.
The hell.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
So apparently you can livestream modern video games, but doing the same for cartoons from the 80s, or a similarly long time ago, isn't kosher.
The hell.
Blame the traditional dinosaur entertainment industry. Keeping us locked in the 20th century since the 20th century.

Top Bottom