• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I don't mean to be an ***, but if I'm premium why am I getting a huge blow up Lego Movie ad every time I come to this site? Maybe this isn't the place to ask.
Those ads, man...
Whose idea was that?

It's not cute. It's not cheeky. It's just really obnoxious.

It makes me wanna gauge my eyes out with a plastic spoon.

Now I have even less of a desire to watch your movie.

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
But that doesn't make any sense. Meteors fall from the sky and hit the ground. Things that bounce go from the ground to the sky. Unless Ganon's foot is the meteor, but then what's the verb? Meteoring? Bouncing seems more suitable as a verb to this user.
Are you really trying to make logical sense of a video game in which you can jump in the middle of the air, reverse momentum mid-air, etc etc etc? The term meteor-smash came from the game developer(sakurai) not me. It differentiates between moves that you can meteor cancel and other moves. Meteors happen to send at different angles than spikes which cannot be meteor cancelled and are more powerful as well making them ideal for comboing at low %'s off the ground or even killing at very high %'s.

I don't mean to be an ass, but if I'm premium why am I getting a huge blow up Lego Movie ad every time I come to this site? Maybe this isn't the place to ask.
Maybe you have malware? I don't see any adds >_>.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Does anyone else feel that Olimar's metagame is more underdeveloped than most because people are failing to give him a chance?
Or maybe because they find the other characters more enjoyable and would rather play as them? Most people don't give a **** about giving characters chances. They're gonna pick whatever character that interests them or whoever they win the most with.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
It would be so funny to hear someone call out Falco Lasers every time one is shot.
That commentary must have been hilarious all night. XD

Because EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!
If the Lego Movie is popping up, consider yourselves lucky.
This person speaks truth. ^

Edit: I have 420 likes
Don't touch me!

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Honestly I enjoyed that commentary, though one might say that he was getting a bit too excited at times. The community needs more enthusiastic commentators like that, we only really have a few. And good commentary is what makes the game more interesting and appealing to watch. Despite the fact that I prefer PM over Melee, I admit that Melee matches are usually more hype to watch than PM, as they tend to have more dynamic and invested commentators.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Sapphire, what was it that you boil to drink to clear your cough? I feel like **** today.
Kale or mustard greens, pick your fancy. Either one works great. Just remember, when you pour the water remaining after boiling it for a few hours into your cup, make sure to put salt in it so it tastes good when you drink it.

Got internet back just in time to tell you this, too. At&t has been interrupting my net to try to get me to switch to uverse since they're eventually discontinuing dsl here... I haven't had net since Monday night.

Last edited:

PhantasyStar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyebre
3DS FC
1521-4107-6959
How do you people find enough time to play Pokemon (time-consuming), Project M (obsessively time-consuming), watch animes (fairly time-consuming), play rpgs (EXTREMELY time-consuming) AND cook food, all the while being on Smashboards? I can only do, like, one of those.

I mean, do you guys even job/school?
I haven't been watching as much anime as I used to, i'm just now watching a new series and I haven't since maybe june. But yeah I do all of the above and practice multiple forms of art cause I like being busy.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
^ More power to you then. I guess I just need some time everyday to just relax, and that's why I barely have time to do much besides the essentials (eat, 4-5 hours of sleep, homework and PM). I used to draw, write and read a lot, but that was back in high school.

Last edited:

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
So my wife is amazingly awesome. She just got us 2 transparent N64 controllers (blue and purple) plus a copy of SSB64 from an online yard sale page. The price? $10. Now once we get her N64 out of storage I can teach her to play the original!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Which reminds me, I still need to get the best ending since I got
the bad ending where you run away and leave them to die and the good ending where you stop the Scientist but Curly dies

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
When we get our 3DS out of storage I'mma beat Cave Story. I've got a huge soft spot for pixellated games with chiptunes. Was right before the final area but didn't get very far and put it down, haha. One of my good friends beat it but is still working on the hard ending.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I really want to get the eShop Cave Story with the 3d sprites but I already own Cave Story on a bunch of other systems and recently bought some other games.

But it's soooo tempting. One of my favorite games and this is looking like the definitive version other than being on a handheld.

*edit*
In regards to the games I did get, anyone who considers themselves a classic Shinobi fan (especially Shinobi 3) should consider picking up Shinobi for the 3DS. Like many others, I was turned off to the game's somewhat meh visuals, and the gameplay looked slow and clunky compared to the classic titles. However, this mostly appears to be a case of the players in promotional videos being low-skilled, as you can be quite flashy, fast, and efficient with the combat system.

It's not without its share of problems (they butchered the horseback sequence) but for $11 I am more than pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I don't mean to be an ***, but if I'm premium why am I getting a huge blow up Lego Movie ad every time I come to this site? Maybe this isn't the place to ask.
And that's why I still use AdBlock and continue to make the forum sad everyday while just not giving a **** about it. XD

Seems like there's less of a perk to being Premium for you guys now aside from name changes and the blue names. ¦D

JOE!

Smash Hero
Random pokemon related question:

I am making some random fakemon for luls, and have decided to make two fossils on par with the latest ones (520 bst based on iconic prehistoric creatures), one is a Giant Ground Sloth that is Rock/Grass, and I am having trouble making it not broken conceptually.The idea is that, being based on these guys, it would be an impressive physical wall making use of the "Fur Coat" ability (Megatherium was the size of modern day elephants and had bones in their skin that acted like chainmail). However, said ability can be bonkers in that it halves physical damage lol.

So, with highish HP, what would be a not-broken Defense stat to use with this guy, given that it should be higher than Furfrou's 60?

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Sounds pretty damn cool ( I never knew about the Megatherium, so that was very interesting). I think the amount of Defense stat to use should be based on its Sp defense. Because if its has a crappy sp defense stat, then it should have pretty good defense to compensate.
Just my thoughts though

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Random pokemon related question:

I am making some random fakemon for luls, and have decided to make two fossils on par with the latest ones (520 bst based on iconic prehistoric creatures), one is a Giant Ground Sloth that is Rock/Grass, and I am having trouble making it not broken conceptually.The idea is that, being based on these guys, it would be an impressive physical wall making use of the "Fur Coat" ability (Megatherium was the size of modern day elephants and had bones in their skin that acted like chainmail). However, said ability can be bonkers in that it halves physical damage lol.

So, with highish HP, what would be a not-broken Defense stat to use with this guy, given that it should be higher than Furfrou's 60?
You can go ahead and give it high HP and defense, but balance it out with average special defense and virtually no attacking stats, plus a tiny movepool.

Just like Furfrou.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Going any higher than Furfrou's base 60 defense on a theoretical Fur Coat user is honestly unnecessary, especially if you're giving it a decent base HP. In all honesty, if you're bumping up the HP pool any higher than Furfrou's 75 it would actually be smart to lower the defense if you want a balanced physical wall.
Consider that Furfrou tanks physical damage based on stats alone better than the likes of Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Forretress. Uninvested, Furfrou has the equivalent of an uninvested 150 base defense. A fully invested Furfrou has the equivalent of a fully invested 170 base defense. Yeah, it's craaazy.

Furfrou's issues are its poor defensive typing (zero resists and one immunity is poor defensive coverage, and it's weak to fighting), it has a pretty lackluster movepool, and even less offensive presence than other walls in the meta. It has crazy physical bulk though.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
What has happened to this world? Can someone please explain to me why the **** a bunch of league of legends videos popped up when i searched wombo combo on youtube? Wtf, i want to see team work resulting in a zero to death filled with a screaming,hard audience, not some lame ass "assist."

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Because League now refers to AoE CC/damage team comps as wombo combo comps.
Your team sequences all their **** together to blow up the enemy team in one fell swoop.
AKA what you would expect if you were to translate wombo combo as we use it into a MOBA environment.
If you want super hype audience going ape **** over it you won't get that in a MOBA crowd though. Doesn't really matter how hype **** is, MOBA crowds are just quiet compared to FGC crowds... It's just a different environment. For instance just compare how each scene uses commentary. FGC uses commentary to make better quality streams, but when you're at the event itself you don't really care because the action is going on right in front of you. This is also how traditional sports treat commentary; it's there when you watch on TV but not when you're there live. At MOBA events the crowd stays relatively quiet and listens to the commentary, and being too loud is considered disrespectful to those around you who are trying to listen to the commentary.
Personally I don't get it... but that's how their scenes developed so whatever.

Top Bottom