• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
As long as they live and learn then they wont have to hang on the edge of tomorrow. They might even be able to learn from the works of yesterday.

They should really do this right and stop begging and borrowing from tradition because if they don't then they may never find their way.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
As long as they live and learn then they wont have to hang on the edge of tomorrow. They might even be able to learn from the works of yesterday.

They should really do this right and stop begging and borrowing from tradition because if they don't then they may never find their way.
But it doesn't matter, now what happens. I'm sure they will never give up the fight. As long as the voice inside of them says go, there is no way to stop them from going to the very top.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer

the US is slowly becoming kill
some of us are dead and we don't even know it

Frostav

Smash Apprentice
this is what I mean when I say there's rarely such thing as a brawl player, just smash players who will only play the newest games
...You do realize that this is how every other fighting game in existence works, right? People always drop the old game for the new one unless there's that much of a difference (MvC2 compared to MvC3 for instance)

SunJester

Smash Ace
like uh I know we're all lonely nerds here, what video gamer isn't? but over there in the real world, bringing up child abuse - you know, a thing that millions of people are affected by, statistically presumably even some of the people in this thread - with no regards with how that might make the people around you feel just to make a point about which sponsor a tournament has is like
You're right, I'm sorry I brought it up, it was an incredibly stupid analogy and I'll edit the original post.

Sorry for bringing this up again, i just wanted to apologize for my terrible analogy.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
...You do realize that this is how every other fighting game in existence works, right? People always drop the old game for the new one unless there's that much of a difference (MvC2 compared to MvC3 for instance)
there's still a group of diehards who play ST that have something to tell you, kiddo.

if a game is good enough, if its scene cares enough, it stands the test of time. melee's one of those games. the only reason to go for the new game otherwise is for people obsessed with that e-sports money, nothing more.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Is the pm site down? Getting ddosed? IM trying to read the latest blogspot but it's down qq

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
inb4 Ike nerfs

I have no complaints with these design changes. I'm really curious to see what gets changed over.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Alright what's this nonsense i'm hearing about dorf having a "second" wizard punch or something?
From a previous Art Tuesday:
SiLeNtDo0m said:
Ganon Backfist by FireBallStars. What's this? Something completely new? Could this be a revamped Warlock Punch or something brand new entirely? Well, my friends you will have to wait and see! For now, enjoy the sheer force behind this powerful bone crushing backfist:
http://www.gfycat.com/BitterIncompatibleCopperbutterfly
A new fsmash, maybe? I'd say either that or they're making Warlock Punch a variable-charge attack.

Btw, any news on why the Turbo video on the main site is taken down?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
inb4 Ike nerfs

I have no complaints with these design changes. I'm really curious to see what gets changed over.
That and Squirtle (besides Mew2 and possibly Pit)? When was this blog post crafted? I love burst movement =(

Last edited:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Kinda says something sad if "Removing poorly designed elements" mentally translates to "Oh noes, my Squirtles!"

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Reading the change criteria, I'm not too worried that wolf would get hit hard.
the only things that fit into those points that he has is the obscenely low cooldown of his aerials for the speed that he can use the with and move with.
He already has to do the first point, which is be creative with optimizing combos because he doesn't have guareneed follow ups at x percents in kill range, stuff like that. So happy for 3.5. Also can't wait for Diddy changes so I can play him again without being devilspawn.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
"Tools that mitigate positional advantage (e.g. circumventing juggles, edge guards)."

MK Dair confirmed gone folks. It's ovah

TreK

Is "that guy"
"-Revising moves with static knockback curves and making them scale more with percentage. "
inb4 Fox's shine doesn't count because Melee

"-Balancing cooldowns with power/start-up/duration/utility."
I don't really get what this one means. Just making sure you can actually punish everything ?

"-Tools that mitigate positional advantage (e.g. circumventing juggles, edge guards)."
rip my dair&uair, I guess ? idk, I always felt like my terrible air speed was enough for people to juggle my character. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.
I'm worried Mewtwo will still be able to woop woop to outlast respawn invincibility. The change on ledge mechanics you announced earlier doesn't really address this problem. Just wanted to throw this on the table.

"-Tools that provide excessive burst movement without appropriate risk."
rip squirtle/sanic/ike/eventually kirby, you will all be missed (except for Sanic)

"-Moves that hit at unintuitive angles."
rip the upB of both my Ivy and my DK, I guess. I don't really get this one either, you want us to be more creative but then you stop us from using our moves in a creative way.
Well, if it can get rid of Marth's utilt having more horizontal range than most of my moves, I'm fine with it haha

"-Moves with SDI/hit-lag multipliers on them that circumvent the strength of Directional Influence (barring grounded multi-hit moves)."
See this one I'm actually worried about. The extreme brokenness that is Ivy's nair is the main incentive I have for not camping 100% of the time. Remove that incentive and I'll become someone you really don't want to play against.
But I'm glad you realized high SDI multipliers and grounded multihit moves don't really add up. I'll welcome my beloved ftilt's return <3

It really does sound like you're simply making PM less stupid in 3.5 and I'm all for it <3

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Shine probably doesn't count because the knockback isn't on a curve at all. It's set knockback. What they are probably referring to, are throws and attacks that scale super slowly and give the character "more" than he should probably get at higher %'s (think Link's Dash Attack for example). I dunno if they are actually touching low scaling throws but I welcome it for attacks.

Also, I'm sorry but there's absolutely *nothing* creative about Ivysaur's Upb. At all.

Beorn

Smash Journeyman
"-Tools that mitigate positional advantage (e.g. circumventing juggles, edge guards).
-Tools that provide excessive burst movement without appropriate risk."

Besides the obvious ones like mks Dair and Mew2's up-b I can't wait to see **** like game and watches up-b get fixed. That move does everything.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Shine probably doesn't count because the knockback isn't on a curve at all. It's set knockback. What they are probably referring to, are throws and attacks that scale super slowly and give the character "more" than he should probably get at higher %'s (think Link's Dash Attack for example). I dunno if they are actually touching low scaling throws but I welcome it for attacks.

Also, I'm sorry but there's absolutely *nothing* creative about Ivysaur's Upb. At all.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Knockback#Melee.2FBrawl
basically, knockback is
(something that is linear with %) times kbg, plus bkb

It's always a linear function, never a curve. It just happens to be an horizontal line instead of a diagonal one for set knockback moves, because s = 0
Mathematically, those are objects of the same nature.

I'm not going to comment back on your comment about Ivy's upB.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It still would seem like they are not talking about moves that are actually flat-lined, but others that are close to it. Bowser Uthrow is not what comes to mind for balance/changes, compared to Snake/Mario/Ganon/etc throws most people know and talk about.

Then again, if there are no actual curves, but varying degrees of sloping for linear growth, you could construe their statement to mean ALL attacks are going to scale harder now. PM 3.5 edition: Killer Jabs Edition

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I suppose "curve" was a poor word choice but it gets the idea across.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It's better to not get involved with it or get caught in the crossfire.
CROSSFIRE~!

YOU'LL GET CAUGHT IN A~

CROSSFIREEEE~!

...Couldn't resist. I'm not sorry. ¦D

The site is working for me. But yeah, Dev Blogpost #7: Trimming the Fat is up. everyone go read it and stuff
...Why do I have a terrible feeling that this will horribly effect everyone I main? I'm scared. ¦D;

But, as always, I'm sure I'll adapt. Still very much looking forward to 3.5. Whenever it's coming, anyway.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Glad the whispers were true, I'm very excited to see what the game will evolve into now that you've started toning things down and making option selects a little less obvious and a little less over centralizing across the board. (was bound to happen now that they have found designs that work so well) This is really shaping up to be an incredible new version, and frankly I can't wait to get my hands on it, keep up the incredible work guys. (Oh and did I mention how much I love you guys for wanting to normalize unintuitive hitboxes and trajectories? Good ****, not many people in the industry seem to give a damn anymore.)

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Got around to listening to Chromeo's newest album "White Women." They're so 80s sounding with a mix of funk, it's awesome.

This song is the ****, especially the funky guitar bridge and the awesome breakdown a bit more than halfway through the song.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

But it doesn't matter, now what happens. I'm sure they will never give up the fight. As long as the voice inside of them says go, there is no way to stop them from going to the very top.

Top Bottom