• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

TreK

Is "that guy"
It still would seem like they are not talking about moves that are actually flat-lined, but others that are close to it. Bowser Uthrow is not what comes to mind for balance/changes, compared to Snake/Mario/Ganon/etc throws most people know and talk about.
So moves that almost don't scale with % are not okay and should be changed, but moves that do not scale with % whatsoever are, and moves that scale a lot with % are as well. Very well. In that case, what makes "let's make them scale with % more" a more valid solution than "let's make them not scale with % whatsoever anymore" ? I mean, apparently that would be completely a-ok as well, and they are already very close to having that property anyway. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have a non-intrusive change than a big one since apparently both solutions are viable. Let's just make them all set knockback !

Or am I missing something ?

Sarcasm aside I don't believe all moves with low/null kgb are bad (I play a character with mostly multihit moves myself, I understand very clearly the need for these to exist), but I do believe that no move/character/mechanic should have plot armor. Some months ago, some guy said that "in PM, nothing is sacred" and got a lot of likes, so this must mean I'm right. (oh **** I forgot I turned sarcasm off)

In any case, this is not very important. It's not like I'll quit PM if their design decisions aren't consistent enough to my taste. All of the changes they've announced have gotten me extremely hype about 3.5, and it will take much more than Fox's shine to piss me off.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
The real question from me is Link still gonna be good without boomerang band-aid?

Also is Zelda still gonna be a salt shaker in a dress?

Player -0

Smash Hero
Shine probably doesn't count because the knockback isn't on a curve at all. It's set knockback. What they are probably referring to, are throws and attacks that scale super slowly and give the character "more" than he should probably get at higher %'s (think Link's Dash Attack for example). I dunno if they are actually touching low scaling throws but I welcome it for attacks.

Also, I'm sorry but there's absolutely *nothing* creative about Ivysaur's Upb. At all.
Link's dash attack kills at higher percents? Unless you mean like, ~70%. Which I then think you might be able to get an Up Air. Maaaaybbee.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Ike's QD is pretty vulnerable TBH, not too worried.
Still, RIP Sanic.
You won't be missed.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You're viewing things too broad. What matters is the context of the move: just about every move or throw that is set knockback (that is not Shine) doesn't warrant a change in knockback. However, the number of "low" scaling moves and throws that probably deserve changes is pretty large. You could argue that a ton of Dthrows in this game, a couple of Utilts and DA's, etc might deserve some higher scaling. It has nothing to do with ideology or "preferring" moves with set knockback. No sweeping generalizations are needed lol.

Shine could have other changes besides knockback that might work out. Different angles or power based on where you hit them with the attack, changing how fast it hits, etc. For other moves, the best change might be to just give stronger scaling. It just happens that most moves you would consider for higher scaling, are ones with potential abuse due to lower scaling. Set knockback moves could be just as egregious, but that rarely happens (Shine probably being the only notable example I can think of atm).

Motobug

Project M/+ community leader
Ike's QD is pretty vulnerable TBH, not too worried.
Still, RIP Sanic.
You won't be missed.
:(
Also this is the first time I've been able to get on Crashboards today, thx guise
Edit: Lucky 69, give all likes pls kthx

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
nerds DDoSing, the usual. though I just noticed your sign-up date so you probably didn't know about this happening last year with a bunch of smash sites, too

also hi smashboards let's talk about how innately rad this next version is going to be before the rest of PM social figures out we're back up here and talk about having sex with animes or w/e

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
For some reason my Project M doesn't have All-Star mode, is there a download or is it hidden somewhere? (I have 3.0)

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
what was going on with smashboards today?
Mecha Hitler has assembled an army of small, dark minded geese with the computer hacking skills of Burger King's IT Department. They took down the site today, but Randy Savage put the ka-ching on their swivel swallows. Alas, it's not over yet. Do not underestimate geese. They're sharp, quick, and they're headed this way.

Bleck

Smash Master
also hi smashboards let's talk about how innately rad this next version is going to be before the rest of PM social figures out we're back up here and talk about having sex with animes or w/e
p rad, I think

Motobug

Project M/+ community leader
For some reason my Project M doesn't have All-Star mode, is there a download or is it hidden somewhere? (I have 3.0)
You need to unlock it in vBrawl to get it in P:M (for some reason). vBrawl also doesn't allow for save transfers..so a hacked Wii or playing through vBrawl are your options.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
We livin tho

This blogpost gets me really excited for the next release. I can't wait to see what they come up, specially since some characters have way too many options compared to some others. I don't even care if my mains are affected, I'll live down every nerf they throw at me

except falco laser nerfs, pls don't do that i'll quit life ;_;

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I've got 3.5 hype.

I'm mostly waiting for a ETA or at least a period of when they hope to have it released by.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
the thing is, there's still more to come, as the end of that blogpost states

so if they're not confident on a release date, that means they're still working on something so important that it needs to come out this version

I have no interpretation of that b/c I have a sense of actual patience, I just like theorynerds freaking out

Bleck

Smash Master
"-Tools that provide excessive burst movement without appropriate risk."

So, like... wavedashing? I don't know what they mean, here.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Kinda says something sad if "Removing poorly designed elements" mentally translates to "Oh noes, my Squirtles!"
I'm not sure if you're referring to a Dash RAR Hydrojump being super Cfalc. good like it should be or Side-b owning people who don't know how to deal with it; but there's no use arguing while being in the dark on what the horrifying changes are.

Zenigame-over :urg:

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Jigglypuff is so cute in smash 4 I feel like maining her
She's also pretty good I guess

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I still don't have a single damned clue what's gonna happen with kirby

I'm assuming

-side cutter takes off ALL jumps, no foolin' around
-someone in the PMBR staring at chu dat videos constantly, trying to figure out what complete bull he does and changing everything found

also we'll be top tier regardless because five jumps and a good-coverage upb in a metagame where everyone's recoveries aren't as silly

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Jigglypuff is so cute in smash 4 I feel like maining her
She's also pretty good I guess
I feel they went a bad direction with her design, making her look more life-less and kawaii (Melee's crouch animation moves and breaths and winks, her Smash 4 animation she just...waits O_O). I feel like they should have made her embody more of the anime and be super spunky and happy to sad to angry ( and a lot of characters in Smash 4 have more angry emotions anyways, like Kirby now when he d-throws and Mario; and it all shows in the trailers they made and such where they show the direction to be "They seriously are out for blood now").

PM needs to buff her by giving her Up-b some kind of marker writing move when they're at high enough percent

Last edited:

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
Smash 4 jigglypuff is awesome, because she punishes rolls so easily and she can still wall of pain. Not only that but you can crouch rest or rest oos. These children over wifi have no idea what to do, they were always told Jigglypuff was the worst character in the game.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I managed to die from Ike's upB at 20% today, off the top as Marth.
Guessing I DI'd JUST perfectly to get out of the upB after that 10000000000000 knockback hit at the start.

Yeah...

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
She actually feels faster than in Melee/PM. I think all her aerials autocancel really early? Either that or they have very low landing lag.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I still never found out how many frames of buffer smash 4 has, aside from not owning the game myself to spend 5 minutes of my tribal Indian rituals of buffer sensing prowess to get a good estimate

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
She actually feels faster than in Melee/PM. I think all her aerials autocancel really early? Either that or they have very low landing lag.
|Nair|Fair|Bair|Uair|Dair|Air Dodge|AVG|Min|Max
Jigglypuff|15|15|18|15|30|22|18.6|15|30

Those are pretty good numbers, but I think some of them autocancel.

JOE!

Smash Hero
So, my gf of nearly 3 years lived about 45 min away for a good while, but recently moved so that she is 2hrs/90 miles away, yet thinks that we can just deal as a couple.

Wtf

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
My board of smashing might have broken, but my pride as a Japanese did not.

Hi guys, I was so lost without smashboards for over a day. You're all a lot more interesting than my real friends/Facebook feed.

So excited for 3.5, for reals.

About the burst movement stuff and things getting over juggles/positional advantages for free, I pretty much thought it was mostly addressing M2 just wooping out of combos all willy nilly. It might pertain to sonic and squirtle maybe, but They still have to move with hurtboxes and not much covering them (hydro-planed smashes and stuff aside, but those are punishable). I wouldn't be too worried about Ivy's dair, Rob up-b/side-b, kirby cutter, GnW up-b out of combos, because those still keep the character above the other one and in a state where they are at a positional dis-advantage, and they also risk losing part of their recoveries doing so.

Kirby's down-b might get torn apart though.

MLGF

Smash Lord
PMDT is so passive aggressive with their statements though.

"We're deciding to change movement options on characters we feel are too safe"
"Which ones are those?"
"Oh you know... those characters."

Nothing wrong with it, just expected a new direction after the Lucas' blog.
Then again, when you say that they're fixing issues no one bats an eye, when they say Mewtwo can't woop we all lose our minds.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
I dunno, I don't think that's too bad.

Bro did an out of state relationship for years until they moved in together. Distance was roughly similar.

And to one up that, my sister had a relationship with a man who was on a ship for a larger chunk of the year until they moved in together... and now he's around for like half a year in spasms. They've kept a steady relationship for like 10+ years.

Now, I'm not one to speak from direct experience, but it seems like you're overestimating how difficult it will be. If it's three years, I doubt you'll just give up anyhow.

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
That's really not that far tbh.

If you really want it to work, it can lol.
Normally no, but when our work schedules make it so that'd we'd only see each other once a month for like 1 day.... Ya, it's frustrating

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I think Kirby's jank will be removed. No more inhale drift, no more light armor on downb, no more braindead dash attack, dthrow tweaks, etc.

So, my gf of nearly 3 years lived about 45 min away for a good while, but recently moved so that she is 2hrs/90 miles away, yet thinks that we can just deal as a couple.

Wtf
> 3 years
why do you not live together at this point?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I feel they went a bad direction with her design, making her look more life-less and kawaii (Melee's crouch animation moves and breaths and winks, her Smash 4 animation she just...waits O_O). I feel like they should have made her embody more of the anime and be super spunky and happy to sad to angry ( and a lot of characters in Smash 4 have more angry emotions anyways, like Kirby now when he d-throws and Mario; and it all shows in the trailers they made and such where they show the direction to be "They seriously are out for blood now").
Yes, I don't understand how people can consider her to be cuter at all when she just looks creepy now.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
nerds DDoSing, the usual. though I just noticed your sign-up date so you probably didn't know about this happening last year with a bunch of smash sites, too

Schoolgirl Ivysaur

Top Bottom