• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Roster Reveal - Roy!

Pkjoan

Smash Apprentice
I don´t know about you guys but I want Mewtwo, Dr Mario, Pichu and Young Link back.

red9rd

Smash Ace
If we see Mega man in Project M then it would be cool to also get Protoman and Zero.
If you guys think we should get another character from the Metroid series I think one of the other hunters would be a better choice than Ridley.
maybe we could get another Mother character like Duster or a main character that actually uses there own moves.
Realistically i don't see any of this happening and that's the way i like it. I would rather be surprised like i was with Roy than somebody else that doesn't belong.

AFROofJUSTICE

Smash Cadet
Mega man would be awesome in PM. At the same time, I think we should let Mega man shine in SSB4. Let's just hope Sakurai and his team won't screw up the game like Brawl! Also no one give that "Ridley is too big" crap. I think Olimar being normal sized is as ridiculous as Ridley being normal sized. Olimar is REALLY small. I think Ridley could work fine. He can be slightly taller than bowser so it is not too weird.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I never really cared about Roy in Melee. All I knew was that he was the weaker counterpart to Marth, but his fighting style didn't seem to gel with me in that game. A while passed and I had the chance to play Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword and got to appreciate Roy a lot more. That said, I'm really looking forward to trying him out here. I thought that the only other characters I would care about that you guys hadn't added in were Ice Climbers and Yoshi, and I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Keep doing that thing you do and making this game even better than I could expect.

shanus

Smash Hero
Can't you guys just Beta out Roy to us for a little bit? Just a test drive before the full release:) We promise we wont do anything to hurt him, we'll return him in PERFECT condition.

We're ALL *DYING* over here! (I speak for everyone now I guess)
but we still have so much more to share

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Love what you did with Roy but in my opinion he lacks his own identity.
While Falco/Ganondorf/Toon link have very different animations from the originals, his animations are mostly Marth's and new animations for his jumps, walk, run, dodge would go a long way in making him feel unique. Or maybe port Ike's animations

Also i'd add flame trails on the floor from grounded Blazer. You know, like those trails from Mario's final smash. Also small fire sparks when the sword collides with the ground.

in three words, add more phire.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Love what you did with Roy but in my opinion he lacks his own identity.
While Falco/Ganondorf/Toon link have very different animations from the originals, his animations are mostly Marth's and new animations for his jumps, walk, run, dodge would go a long way in making him feel unique. Or maybe port Ike's animations
Dat new d-smash though.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Serious question: Will we be limited in who we add to the cast via worries about copy rights? I'm not sure if they apply since this game isn't being sold, but you did take that Zelda song out for copy right reasons (at least that's what I heard).

And if we are limited, are we just limited to characters that are assist trophies/ actual trophies in the game?

Edit: And sorry if I should ask this somewhere else as it doesn't technically apply to Roy.
I am really hype for Roy though. Like, I might main him hype (he will at the very least be a secondary).

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
but we still have so much more to share
Do you guys plan on releasing info little by little, or by either one or two big announcements?

Also, any chance you can tell us when to expect an announcement by?

Pretty please? :))))))

TreK

Is "that guy"
My very first Smashboards avatar was a really cool looking Roy. Then I switched to a luigi fireball, then this. I can't seem to find it anymore :C

Back in my day, Smashboards provided us with a complete library of avatars ! :butthurt old school playa:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
No. Just No.
Roy's game was a huge step back from the Super Nintendo games.

Also New Mystery of the Emblem was so much better that it's not even fair.
That is pretty much an opinion. Personally, I thought FE4 had a lot of issues.

FE3 is also extremely dated.

Personally, I regard FE5 and FE6 as the pinnacle of the series.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
That is pretty much an opinion. Personally, I thought FE4 had a lot of issues.

FE3 is also extremely dated.

Personally, I regard FE5 and FE6 as the pinnacle of the series.
Yo Imma let you finish,

But Fire Emblem Awakening was the best Fire Emblem game of all time

OF ALL TIME!

MLGF

Smash Lord
Thracia or bust.
Nothing is more satisfying then beating the Manster Escape chapters.

Not like it all matters, Roy literally debuted in Melee so he's technically a Melee rep... which makes a lot of sense why he was the first melee character revealed.

Minor Pandemic

Smash Apprentice
Just a note to the PMBR members that manage the joint account that does these postings: The account is still using the old logo for its avatar, you might want to change it to that awesome new one!

vanhuynh16

Smash Cadet
I actually wanted to know about the counter! Is it the same as it was in Melee or is the angle or power changed? Roy's counter wasn't show at all so I was wondering if it was kept a secret? It's a good tool imo

Player -0

Smash Hero
I actually wanted to know about the counter! Is it the same as it was in Melee or is the angle or power changed? Roy's counter wasn't show at all so I was wondering if it was kept a secret? It's a good tool imo
Look at the official P:M website, it says it's dependent on the power of the attack that hit it.
Edit: On the side note, I love watching Roy's U-Air to F-Smash.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
The question is does it have that same completely nonsensical trajectory (if you can even call it that)?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
That's already stretching the plausibility of both gameplay logistics and technical coding. Let's shoot for something more realistic.
Realism is boring. That's why video games, anime and the internet exist. ¦D

That aside, I was actually just referencing the Multi-Man stuff and how you could have 8 players in a match using the debug menu in Melee.

Do I actually expect you guys to shoot for anything nearly that far? Hell no. XD

Top Bottom