• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Roster Reveal - Roy!

Cerulean

Smash Cadet
Hello, I made something for the "Project M" member in Smashboards. I noticed that the logo is cut from the sides when it's on the avatar, so I made this:

I hope you like it and if you want you can use it.

Thanks for the perfect mod :roypm:

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
The best thing about this...

People can fall for the oldest trick in the book again.......

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Hello, I made something for the "Project M" member in Smashboards. I noticed that the logo is cut from the sides when it's on the avatar, so I made this:

I hope you like it and if you want you can use it.

Thanks for the perfect mod :roypm:

Just want to thank you for making that, it saved me from having to make one. Thanks for your kindness sir.

Doq

Smash Lord
Dams, WINTER!?! I know Project M Backroom wants a polished off game but does it take that long for a release? No offense BR, you're doing a great job.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
We've been working on this since 2010, two months or so isn't crazy. We all have lives.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
To the Project M gang, you are making me feel liek a young lad again by bringing back these characters <3 Like, I wish I could give you all big giant hugs xD

If I may ask a question... And you dont have to say WHAT they would be if they will, but will Roy and Mewtwo have a Final Smash at all? Or will they just do the same as Ivy,Char, and Squirt D:

I realize tournys dont use FS's, but.. my friends and I love them because they are pretty hype to use, and it would make Mewtwo and Roy even better if they had one- even if they just copied Marth's and Lucario's ^_^

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I guess the Project M team may have jumped the gun on confirming Mewtwo since he could end up being confirmed for the actual Smash 4 pretty soon.

Regardless, I think we all knew this was going to happen (if there had to only be ONE more non-Brawl character added to Project M, it would be Mewtwo).

Regardless, I have to say I am extremely ecstatic over Mewtwo's return. As I mentioned before, I was really disappointed that Mewtwo was cut from Brawl (along with Roy).

You guys are amazing. Well done. Bravo.

Mewtwo and Roy were long supposed to be characters in Brawl, and at long what should have been, has finally been realized.

Again. You guys are amazing.

Doq

Smash Lord
We've been working on this since 2010, two months or so isn't crazy. We all have lives.
Oh lordie I am so very sorry. I didn't know it took that long to complete.:roypm:

On another point...
If P:M gets to 3.5 it's gonna be playable on the PS4. I just see it coming. I SEE IT!
Ok I don't think that that's possible but it might be. It is the PMBR after all. :p

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Honestly, I was astounded to see 3.0 marked as a Winter release what with the huge features being added in. I was expecting Spring or Summer 2014 given the previous cycles.

WizKick

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I was astounded to see 3.0 marked as a Winter release what with the huge features being added in. I was expecting Spring or Summer 2014 given the previous cycles.

I know, and even beyond the BIg features/additions I wonder what will be changing for the characters already in! I'm so excited!

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703

Yeah, I was assuming it'd be released in the Spring. Winter 2013, that's too good. I know exactly what I'm doing for the entire winter break. : >

Prince Longstrok

Thank you, P:M, for atleast giving us a release date so we arnt in the blue :). We really appreciate it actually, because it lets me do this-

"only 2 more months until Roy and Mewtwo.." ever day in my head, over and over again :D

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
So if I'm interpreting this correctly, are you saying we'll get more news of similar levels of hype before 3.0 comes out?
My telekinetic powers of the cerulean cave tell me that we can expect hype beyond that of the critical excitement level before the body experiences a pain similar to that of a heart attack

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
My telekinetic powers of the cerulean cave tell me that we can expect hype beyond that of the critical excitement level before the body experiences a pain similar to that of a heart attack
Gotcha. I'll go write up a will now.
Prepare your wrist straps, folks.
And to think I only bought a case of them. The PMBR should just cut to the chase and sell straitjackets.

Prince Longstrok

Question! So uhh..how is this going to work on the..you know..character select screen :s
Youre going to have to basically resize the entire thing, right? xD

Any plans for a totally different character select layout- as instead of a rectangle, a circle or something?
I must know! <3

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Question! So uhh..how is this going to work on the..you know..character select screen :s
Youre going to have to basically resize the entire thing, right? xD

Any plans for a totally different character select layout- as instead of a rectangle, a circle or something?
I must know! <3
How it looks now:

There are 50 maximum allowed character slots, with 10 in each row (so 5 rows are possible in the end). For further discussion about this, http://smashboards.com/threads/full-roster-character-select-screen.336143/ isn't a bad place to start.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The problem is that although the character selection screen can hold a maximum of 50 slots, there can only be a maximum of 46 unique characters with the Clone Engine.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
The problem is that although the character selection screen can hold a maximum of 50 slots, there can only be a maximum of 46 unique characters with the Clone Engine.
I wouldn't call that a problem; including the random slot that leaves just three open spaces, which are desperately needed to make the new selection screen look less cramped.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I wouldn't call that a problem; including the random slot that leaves just three open spaces, which are desperately needed to make the new selection screen look less cramped.
I would say make the selection screen a 8 x 6 roster. Including the random slot, only one slot would be "blank" on the character selection screen. It would basically look similar to Melee's roster. I wonder if they could put in two random boxes?

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would say make the selection screen a 8 x 6 roster. Including the random slot, only one slot would be "blank" on the character selection screen. It would basically look similar to Melee's roster. I wonder if they could put in two random boxes?
From what I've heard, 10 x 5 is the maximum space that can be used. So a 6th row wouldn't be possible. And they can't / don't want to do 2 Random slots. The functionality isn't there.

Also what is the source on this 7 is the max for clone engine thing? Not that I doubt it, just want to make sure it's legit.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
From what I've heard, 10 x 5 is the maximum space that can be used. So a 6th row wouldn't be possible.

Also what is the source on this 7 is the max for clone engine thing? Not that I doubt it, just want to make sure it's legit.
Okay, thanks for the extra info. If that's the case, then the selection screen would have to be arranged differently.

Also, yes, the Clong Engine only allows up to seven additional non-Brawl characters. Mewtwo and Roy have already been confirmed, so there can only be a maximum of five more additional spots.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think for 47 slots (46 playable characters plus the random icon), they would need to do:

1st row: 10 slots
2nd row: 9 slots
3rd row: 10 slots
4th row: 9 slots
5th row: 10 slots

And would have to throw in an extra random icon.

Top Bottom