• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Dream: Disney Smash Bros. Project

Which attraction should we include?

• Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

1. Aztec Gold
2. Poisoned Apple
3. Gold Pixie Dust

1. Imperial Firework Launcher
2. FastPass
3. Drink Me Bottle

Last edited by a moderator:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Aztec Gold
2. Rocketeer's Pack
3. Posion Apple

1. Fastpass
2. Drink Me Bottle
3. Imperial Firework launcher

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Despite launching the voting earlier this morning, I feel like we got enough votes to justify announcing them...

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Poisoned Apple1 (3)2 (6)211
Gold Pixie Dust1 (3)025
Aztec Gold3 (9)0110
Make Up Your Mind Inator02 (4)15
Rocketeer Pack2 (6)1 (2)19
Dragon's Gem01 (2)02

Imperial Firework Launcher3 (9)1 (2)213
Syndrome's Gloves1 (3)1 (2)27
Astro Blaster0022
Fastpass3 (9)2 (4)013
Drink Me Bottle02 (4)15

So we do have a draw for set 2 so I decided to expand our acceptance to allow for the top three scouring submissions for each set. I was planning on accepting the top 2 but I felt that wasn't fair for the Syndrome Submission. That being said,

• Poisoned Apple (Snow White)
  • Aztec Gold (Pirates of the Carribean)
  • Rocketeer Pack (The Rocketeer)
  • Fast Pass (Disney Parks)
  • Imperial Firework Launcher (Mulan)
  • Syndrome's Gloves (The Incredibles)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #19: Submit an Iconic Villain for a Newcomer

We have yet to include a villain in our starter roster and I feel this is especially important for a roster that will debut at E3. That said, we will be focusing on adding an iconic villain from the Disney universe. There are some important things to consider with this villain entry...

1) The villain should be iconic. Memes aside, the villain should be well known throughout mainstream as a Disney villain first and foremost.
2) The character should possess fighting abilities that can translate well into a platform fighter

Now, we are doing something a tad bit different than we have previously done before. I have noticed our Moveset Submission jobs usually get little to no attention; especially after our reboot. I previously had people include the three Final Smash/Hyper Combo attacks along with their submission. So, along with your newcomer submission, please include the characters 5 Special Moves (Neutral, Forward, Back, Up, and Down) along with a small write-up how the gameplay functions and if the character has any gimmicks.

The submission should a picture, the name of the villain, the franchise they are from, a write-up why they should be included, how they could work in gameplay, five special attacks, and three final attacks. The gameplay, specials, and finals are the most important so please focus on those if you are pressed for time.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ursula

The villain of The Little Mermaid, Ursula is much more battle-ready than the hero of her tale with her many tentacles and disturbing crawling ability. She's a heavyweight fighter who relies on brute strength; one manipulative gimmick that keeps far-ranged and spammy fighters at bay; and a risky yet devistating gimmick that takes the "unga bunga" right out of her gameplan

Forward Special: Stolen Trident

Ursula takes out Triton's trident and lunges forwards - this goes extremely fast like Shredder's neutral special in NASB (about half the length of an average stage in one lunge). If the button is pressed during the lunge, she will stab upwards for a slower but more powerfull followup, stopping in her tracks

Neutral Special: Colossal Con

This is a chargable move, as you charge Ursula will slowly become bigger - making her gradually more powerful and heavy. She doesn't become slower, nor does she jump lower. However, the longer you charge for in one button press, the quicker you will shrink - and of course, you must consider your bigger hitbox too.

Down Special: Kelp Garden

The poor unfortunate souls from Ursula's kelp garden appear below her tentacles as she looks on with smug glee, once the charging button is released he erradicates them from left to right with a lightning beam. Deals 30% damage uncharged, but doesn't increase damage with charge, only range, very much like a certain infant-friendly kaiju from a certain other game

Back Special: Voice Theft

Ursula releases a hand beam forwards with extremely short range - this will steal a foe's voice, which disables them from using special moves for 5 seconds (and stops their voice lines from playing)

Up special: Dark Burst

Ursula swims up with her octopus tentacles, which creates a large smoke blast beneath them. A perfect if laggy move to spike with and a great way to win off-stage battles.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I also realized I never announced the results of our Helper character!

Baymax2 (6)028
Bre'r Bear & Bre'r Fox02 (4)04
Anton1 (3)1 (2)05
Bowler Hat Guy2 (6)017
Yzma0022
Isabela02 (4)04

We will be including the characters Baymax and Bowler Hat Guy for our newest Helpers.

D

Deleted member

Melficent
The iconic villain from Sleeping Beauty. This is a case where a villain makes more sense to include than the films protagonist. She's arguably Disney's biggest villian, getting her own spin off series and usually being the main for in crossovers, including Kingdom Hearts. She could have alt costumes based on the live action version.

Moves coming soon.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 19: The Queen of Hearts (Alice in Wonderland)

DisneyQueenHearts.jpg

One of the most iconic Disney villains in Disney history. I feel Alice would not work well as a fighter. The Queen of Hearts though would make more sense to represent Alice in Wonderland. She would be a middle-heavyweight who's gimmick can involve summoning card soldiers to attack her opponents.

Moveset pending.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Pete

1647276806815.png

We don't have a "large and in charge" character yet in the roster who boasts tremendous strength and slow movements. Pete can be this character and, honestly, one of the more historically important ones that we could choose from.

I crafted a moveset that is more like Bowser's in that he doesn't draw much from his core representation since, in actuality, I couldn't pinpoint a concrete idea that could work.

Neutral: Brute Bash
Pete delivers a chargeable punch whose size and hitboxes grows the longer its charged. It obviously does more damage as a result.

Side: Conman Carry
Pete will rush forward in a way similar to Ganondorf but far slower with zero magical effects. Once it makes contact, he will slam the opponent down with can result in a bury effect. When this happens, Pete gets reduced ending lag.

Back: Booty Counter
Pete will flex his massive booty. Any attack that hits it is negates damage and then redirects the damage to a large booty slam into the opponent.

Up: Divebomb Pete
Pete performs Yoshi's Down Special/Dedede's Up Special and will jump into the air. He then comes back down and slams into the ground; sealing wide damage around him. It can cause a Peteycide if he goes over the ledge.

Down Special: Anger Management
Petey will flex grimace. When an attack hits Pete, it will increase the damage dealt by Pete during this time. The increase isn't much but can be doubled byu continuing to perform the attack. As a result, Pete also loses speed and jumping ability.

I will add these when I can...

Ultimate Attacks:
Level 1:
Level 2:
Level 3:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are our submissions! Please vote for your top three!

Ursula

The villain of The Little Mermaid, Ursula is much more battle-ready than the hero of her tale with her many tentacles and disturbing crawling ability. She's a heavyweight fighter who relies on brute strength; one manipulative gimmick that keeps far-ranged and spammy fighters at bay; and a risky yet devistating gimmick that takes the "unga bunga" right out of her gameplan

Forward Special: Stolen Trident

Ursula takes out Triton's trident and lunges forwards - this goes extremely fast like Shredder's neutral special in NASB (about half the length of an average stage in one lunge). If the button is pressed during the lunge, she will stab upwards for a slower but more powerfull followup, stopping in her tracks

Neutral Special: Colossal Con

This is a chargable move, as you charge Ursula will slowly become bigger - making her gradually more powerful and heavy. She doesn't become slower, nor does she jump lower. However, the longer you charge for in one button press, the quicker you will shrink - and of course, you must consider your bigger hitbox too.

Down Special: Kelp Garden

The poor unfortunate souls from Ursula's kelp garden appear below her tentacles as she looks on with smug glee, once the charging button is released he erradicates them from left to right with a lightning beam. Deals 30% damage uncharged, but doesn't increase damage with charge, only range, very much like a certain infant-friendly kaiju from a certain other game

Back Special: Voice Theft

Ursula releases a hand beam forwards with extremely short range - this will steal a foe's voice, which disables them from using special moves for 5 seconds (and stops their voice lines from playing)

Up special: Dark Burst

Ursula swims up with her octopus tentacles, which creates a large smoke blast beneath them. A perfect if laggy move to spike with and a great way to win off-stage battles.

Melficent
The iconic villain from Sleeping Beauty. This is a case where a villain makes more sense to include than the films protagonist. She's arguably Disney's biggest villian, getting her own spin off series and usually being the main for in crossovers, including Kingdom Hearts. She could have alt costumes based on the live action version.

Moves coming soon.
Dr. Facilier

This is all I have to say on the matter

Job 19:Scar (The Lion King)

View attachment 347526

Scar is the main villain from The Lion King, he is Mufasa's brother and Simba's nephew. Scar is very iconic disney villain and he is a primary member from Disney Villains
Job 19: The Queen of Hearts (Alice in Wonderland)

View attachment 347558

One of the most iconic Disney villains in Disney history. I feel Alice would not work well as a fighter. The Queen of Hearts though would make more sense to represent Alice in Wonderland. She would be a middle-heavyweight who's gimmick can involve summoning card soldiers to attack her opponents.

Moveset pending.
Pete

View attachment 347566

We don't have a "large and in charge" character yet in the roster who boasts tremendous strength and slow movements. Pete can be this character and, honestly, one of the more historically important ones that we could choose from.

I crafted a moveset that is more like Bowser's in that he doesn't draw much from his core representation since, in actuality, I couldn't pinpoint a concrete idea that could work.

Neutral: Brute Bash
Pete delivers a chargeable punch whose size and hitboxes grows the longer its charged. It obviously does more damage as a result.

Side: Conman Carry
Pete will rush forward in a way similar to Ganondorf but far slower with zero magical effects. Once it makes contact, he will slam the opponent down with can result in a bury effect. When this happens, Pete gets reduced ending lag.

Back: Booty Counter
Pete will flex his massive booty. Any attack that hits it is negates damage and then redirects the damage to a large booty slam into the opponent.

Up: Divebomb Pete
Pete performs Yoshi's Down Special/Dedede's Up Special and will jump into the air. He then comes back down and slams into the ground; sealing wide damage around him. It can cause a Peteycide if he goes over the ledge.

Down Special: Anger Management
Petey will flex grimace. When an attack hits Pete, it will increase the damage dealt by Pete during this time. The increase isn't much but can be doubled byu continuing to perform the attack. As a result, Pete also loses speed and jumping ability.

I will add these when I can...

Ultimate Attacks:
Level 1:
Level 2:
Level 3:
  • Ursala (Little Mermaid)
  • Malificent (Fantasia)
  • Dr. Faciler (The Princess and the Frog)
  • Scar (Lion King)
  • Queen of Hearts (Alice in Wonderland)
  • Pete (Mickey Mouse)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Melficent
2. Facilier
3. Ursula

Shout out to Pete. I love the big guy but I wanna get some more series repped

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be accepting two of our villains. Remember, this is for the initial reveal for the game at E3 so we will for sure add more villains in!

Ursala1 (3)2 (4)310
Maleficent3 (9)1 (2)011
Dr. Facilier02 (4)15
Scar0011
Queen of Hearts0000
Pete2 (3)1 (2)19

Our two villains are indeed females and sort of represent two franchises that, technically, don't have any protagonists and, actually, zero potential protagonists considering Sleeping Beauty and Arielle aren't exactly the best fighters so to speak. This also gives our two female villains unique attributes in regards to their playability.

Ursala from The Little Mermaid and Malificent from Sleeping Beauty will cause mayhem with Project Dream.

@Darkonedagger we will need a moveset for Malificient.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #20: Submit a Little Mermaid and/or Sleeping Beauty/Malificent stage

With Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty/Malificent having a representative, we will open up home stages for these villains. Please submit stages from either one of these franchises or both if you have the time. In your submission, please provide the:

source material and name
stage layout
appearance
any cameos
any stage gimmicks or hazards
and at least five musical tracks

D

Deleted member

Neutral Special: Lightning Strike
Maleficent thrusts her staff forward and shoots a bolt of lightning. Can be charged for more damage.

Side Special - Fire Wall:
Maleficent sends a wave of green flames out in front of her or behind her.

Up Special - Dark Fairy Flight:
Melficent lets out her wings from the Angelina Jolie version, being able to fly temporarily.

Down Special - Sleeping Curse:
Melficent casts a Sleeping spell, causing anyone it strikes to fall into a sleep similar to Jigglypuff's rest.

Ultimate Attacks:
Level 1: Melficent summons thorny vines all over the stage
Level 2: Melficent summons a meator, crashing it into the stage
Level 3: Maleficent turns into her Dragon form from the end of Sleeping Beauty and attacks opponents, clawing and shooting fire.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
A Little Mermaid stage? Easy! We can just use Atlantica. The Atlantica stage would have a Final Destination-styled platform that moves around under the sea to take you to the Undersea Valley from Kingdom Hearts, then the Sunken Ship, then Ariel's Grotto, then an area with King Triton's castle in the background, then Triton's throne, then Ursula's lair, then back to the Undersea Valley. Cameos include King Triton on his throne, the shark as a hazard at the sunken ship, Flounder in Ariel's Grotto (I don't want Ariel to be relegated to a cameo in Disney Smash), Sebastian near Triton's castle, and Flotsam & Jetsam in Ursula's lair. Musical tracks would include Under the Sea, Part of Your World, An Adventure in Atlantica, Poor Unfortunate Souls, and Swim This Way.

D

Deleted member

Sleeping_Beauty_Castle_DLR.jpg

Sleeping Beauty's Castle
Would be pretty similar to Hyrule Castle from Smash 64, its players fighting on top of the castle. Aurora can be seen sleeping through a window. Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather will fly past in the background. Dark magic may cause one of Melficent's minions to appear, possibly acting as a hazard.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
A Little Mermaid stage? Easy! We can just use Atlantica. The Atlantica stage would have a Final Destination-styled platform that moves around under the sea to take you to the Undersea Valley from Kingdom Hearts, then the Sunken Ship, then Ariel's Grotto, then an area with King Triton's castle in the background, then Triton's throne, then Ursula's lair, then back to the Undersea Valley. Cameos include King Triton on his throne, the shark as a hazard at the sunken ship, Flounder in Ariel's Grotto (I don't want Ariel to be relegated to a cameo in Disney Smash), Sebastian near Triton's castle, and Flotsam & Jetsam in Ursula's lair. Musical tracks would include Under the Sea, Part of Your World, An Adventure in Atlantica, Poor Unfortunate Souls, and Swim This Way.
Kingdom Heart’s content won’t appear in this game.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So from what I have seen, we will be including Sleepy Beauty’s Castle which will be Maligicent’s Home stage and Atlantica which is Ursula’s. That being said, we will incorporate elements of what Sean Wheeler Sean Wheeler submitted but nothing related to a Kingdom Hearts. The reason being is we are looking at the core franchises depiction of these series rather than outside depictions. There’s so much content that further expanding it to allow video games franchises not fully connected to that series is going against what we are trying to accomplish. That being said, we did allow an Epic Mickey stage since this is tied directly to Disney video frame properties. Kingdom hearts is in a strange situation where’s it’s connected to a number of these franchises that it’s not fully contacted to one except it’s own. So, no, we won’t allow KH elements in the game as of right now. Maybe in the future but not in stages when there’s so much already to pull from as is.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #21: Submit a Helper

We will be submitting a Helper but with a twist. This character will cause the series to be disqualified from getting a rep. That being said, the big thing about this job is that this character and series should be moderately popular within the Disney library. When submitting, please indicate what the Helper does and why it should be included. In addition, the franchise must not be in the game currently so Zootopia, Hunchback, etc are out. You can find the list of franchises currently in the game on the front page.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 21

Resubmitting Bre’r Bear and Bre’r Fox from Song of The South.

Job 18

Not sure if this will be allowed but…

Bre’r Bear and Bre’r Fox (Song of The South)

View attachment 347297

We need more characters from Disney’s older IPs. Song of the South is a little controversial but still a big part of Disney’s old animation history as Splash Mountain is based off of the movie. The two set up traps that the other fighters can get into. Basically, a trap helper.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I will be submitting...

1647612677842.png

Basil of Baker Street
The Great Mouse Detective

Basil will appear and stalk about the stage while looking for clues. During this time, a large magnifying glass will appear as he searches. If the magnifying glass lands on an opponent, it will cause the opponent to stun much like Yuri's assist trophy in Ultimate. At this moment, Basil will then throw darts at the opponent. If the darts hit while the opponent is stunned, it does high damage but will whiff if they don't make it in time.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Job 21
Jim Hawkins (Treasure Planet)
Treasure-planet-disneyscreencaps.com-402.jpg

When summoned, Jim will come in flying across the screen with his Solar Surfer, slightly damaging opponents in his path. Jim will then go the background, attempting to lock onto an opponent, then boost into the front . If this locks with the opponent(s), let's just say it ain't gonna be pretty.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If I submit a Pixar Shorts character, will that disconfirm all of the Pixar shorts or just that specific short? Like, if I submitted La Luna assist, could I submit Luxo Jr. as a fighter later down the line?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

v1.bjszODYxOTA7ajsxODYzNDsxMjAwOzIzNDI7MTc1Ng.jpg

Maggie, Grace and Mrs. Calloway (Home on the Range)

Who says only beloved classics should get representation? They'll lead a stampede across the stage, trampling anyone who gets in the way.

Top Bottom