• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Dream: Disney Smash Bros. Project

Which attraction should we include?

• Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So we will be adding a Pixar based stage that, like the previous stage submission, won’t be repped by a fighter. I chose several Pixar stages that could theoretically fit this category. Could you go in and vote for them?

Voting is Here

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Imperial Palace

This stage would take place on top of the roof of the middle building looking over the crowd. The stage itself is pretty simple with the layout only consisting of that one platform. Occasionally Fireworks will land on the stage and explode.

In terms of cameos you can see not only the citizens of china throwing a festival but also Li shang, Yao, Ling and Chien-po will also come up onto the roof to look at the battle.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Notre Dame and Imperial Palace will become our next stages!

Job #21: Submit a secondary Pixar Character
We will be submitted a secondary Pixar character to accompany both Mike and Sully. There aren’t any requirements for this character aside they must not be a pair-character like Mike and Sully. In addition, Monsters Inc. is also obviously ineligible considering we just got them in our debut trailer. That being said, the Incredibles came in second with 9 votes. I’m interested to see if someone submits a Toy Story character. That being said, I decided to open for submissions instead of going with our second place. Feel free to resubmit a Pixar character or make an entirely new submission to see how it fares.

D

Deleted member

Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)

We kind of messed up by not having a Toy Story character last round. It's hard to choose between Buzz and Woody but Buzz has a slight edge imo due to moveset potential and popularity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Carl Fredrikson

Adventure is out there! Carl would be a slow heavyweight who primarily fights using his walking stick and balloons, but could also use survival skills from the South African wilderness and Russel's air blower. Up is one of Pixar's most beloved movies and often wins surveys and polls as to what the best Pixar movie is.

Last edited:
Job 21:
Wall-E

Wall-E the Robot, who gathers trash and turns it into Cubes on Post-Apocalyptic Futuristic Earth.

Wall-E could be Slow midheavyweight character that is Mixture of ROB and Steve. He could primarily fight with punches with small arms and he could build walls to defend himself.
He could use other Robots to Attack like EVE, who could fly as Up B.
Another Example of Wall-E should be, where he could Slam the trash block while this move begins his Forward Smash-like move.

I nominate him, because he could be ROB equivalent to Disney Smash Bros and he could have interesting moveset potential. His movie is Iconic and the movie has relation to Bible, where EVE is Eve and Wall-E is Adam.
The Wall-E movie is the best Pixar movie I've ever seen.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
View attachment 338166
Mrs. Incredible (The Incredibles)

Incredibles seems pretty much made for a game like this, several characters experienced in combat with unique abilities to pull from, not to mention it's a pretty notable franchise for Pixar. Incredibles 2 is currently the highest grossing Pixar film sitting at $1.24 billion worldwide

There's honestly serval valid candidates when it comes to Incredibles characters, (Mr. Incredible, Frozone, and Syndrome all come to mind) but I'm going with Mrs. Incredible due to imo bringing the most unique to the table in comparison to other potential Disney characters.

Mrs. Incredible would be our Dhalisim/Min Min esque zoner being able to attack foes from far across the stage with her stretchy limbs. She could also morph her body in times it would be fit (eg. A parachute to slow her fall, as seen in the movie)
Ramen, if I may be so bold to suggest to wait to submit an Incredible? I get the feeling that such a submission would be fitting for all four Incredibles to be submitted rather than just one of them considering they typically fight as a team. They could be a stance character like Pyra or Mythra or a team swap out character like Pokémon Trainer. Or a summon character with Mr Incredible taking point.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ramen, if I may be so bold to suggest to wait to submit an Incredible? I get the feeling that such a submission would be fitting for all four Incredibles to be submitted rather than just one of them considering they typically fight as a team. They could be a stance character like Pyra or Mythra or a team swap out character like Pokémon Trainer. Or a summon character with Mr Incredible taking point.
Fair, I'll remove it

May replace it, idk

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
Job 21
Tinny (Tin Toy)

Tin Toy was released in 1988 and has since been heralded as a cornerstone of Pixar's early work. It won that year's Academy Award for Best Animated Short, was inducted into the National Film Registry in 2003, and perhaps most importantly, spawned a Christmas special that eventually was reworked into Toy Story. The rest, they say, is history!

In Project Dream, Tinny could represent a variety of Pixar's early work, deriving plenty of abilities from other shorts without sacrificing his everyman character! While he should make the most usage of his facsimile instruments, he could bring in a jackhammer, a pesky bee, a bouncy ball, the mind wanders! His animations could make themselves appear stiff, as both a homage to his toy movements and early CGI animation!
While Pixar is heralded for their films (and for good reason,) their shorts hold as much value to the company. To not represent that, I think, would be a crying shame (not to mention plenty of their more iconic characters will be voted in later on!)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job 21
Tinny (Tin Toy)

Tin Toy was released in 1988 and has since been heralded as a cornerstone of Pixar's early work. It won that year's Academy Award for Best Animated Short, was inducted into the National Film Registry in 2003, and perhaps most importantly, spawned a Christmas special that eventually was reworked into Toy Story. The rest, they say, is history!

In Project Dream, Tinny could represent a variety of Pixar's early work, deriving plenty of abilities from other shorts without sacrificing his everyman character! While he should make the most usage of his facsimile instruments, he could bring in a jackhammer, a pesky bee, a bouncy ball, the mind wanders! His animations could make themselves appear stiff, as both a homage to his toy movements and early CGI animation!
While Pixar is heralded for their films (and for good reason,) their shorts hold as much value to the company. To not represent that, I think, would be a crying shame (not to mention plenty of their more iconic characters will be voted in later on!)
Do you think this character is worthy showcasing within the debut trailer to generate hype and interest? I have a feeling no one knows who this character is so I wonder if their inclusion in the debut trailer would do the exact opposite. Also, we only have 25 characters. Does this character deserve to be included over someone who is more iconic but didn’t get included due to the cap?

Last edited:

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
Do you think this character is worthy showcasing within the debut trailer to generate hype and interest? I have a feeling no one knows who this character is so I wonder if their inclusion in the debut trailer would do the exact opposite. Also, we only have 25 characters. Does this character deserve to be included over someone who is more iconic but didn’t get included due to the cap?
all due respect, but aren’t these sorts of threads predicated on what people vote for? so I don’t particularly see the problem with lobbying for a more obscure character.
if people find another character more interesting, all the power to them, they deserve their place in the roster then, but I still would like to submit characters I find interesting.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
all due respect, but aren’t these sorts of threads predicated on what people vote for? so I don’t particularly see the problem with lobbying for a more obscure character.
if people find another character more interesting, all the power to them, they deserve their place in the roster then, but I still would like to submit characters I find interesting.
Understandable. I was just curious as to the reasoning as we are trying to create a realistic roster. This is to avoid meme picks, too obscure picks, and ones that don’t make much sense. Again, we are working with a very small roster. This could logically be could be our last Pixar rep.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
Understandable. I was just curious as to the reasoning as we are trying to create a realistic roster. This is to avoid meme picks, too obscure picks, and ones that don’t make much sense. Again, we are working with a very small roster. This could logically be could be our last Pixar rep.
that’s fair! I was trying to find a character to represent the shorts but again, if people find another option more appealing, that’s the point of the thread.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’ll be submitting Bing Bong from Inside Out

Part Elephant, Part Cat, and Part Dolphin - Bing Bong is a figment of Riley’s Imagination when she was young and animals were all the rage? This derpy imaginary friend could do a number of non-fighting attacks such as crying candy, his magic wagon, his bottomless bag, and all sorts of imaginary whacky things. As a character, he would be large and hunky with heavy Attacks but a lightweight as he is made of Candy. So scoring wins with him might seem imaginary given the ofds against him but he would “go to the moon” for Riley.

Here are the submissions!

Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)

We kind of messed up by not having a Toy Story character last round. It's hard to choose between Buzz and Woody but Buzz has a slight edge imo due to moveset potential and popularity.
Carl Fredrikson

Adventure is out there! Carl would be a slow heavyweight who primarily fights using his walking stick and balloons, but could also use survival skills from the South African wilderness and Russel's air blower. Up is one of Pixar's most beloved movies and often wins surveys and polls as to what the best Pixar movie is.
Job 21:
Wall-E

Wall-E the Robot, who gathers trash and turns it into Cubes on Post-Apocalyptic Futuristic Earth.

Wall-E could be Slow midheavyweight character that is Mixture of ROB and Steve. He could primarily fight with punches with small arms and he could build walls to defend himself.
He could use other Robots to Attack like EVE, who could fly as Up B.
Another Example of Wall-E should be, where he could Slam the trash block while this move begins his Forward Smash-like move.

I nominate him, because he could be ROB equivalent to Disney Smash Bros and he could have interesting moveset potential. His movie is Iconic and the movie has relation to Bible, where EVE is Eve and Wall-E is Adam.
The Wall-E movie is the best Pixar movie I've ever seen.
Job 21
Tinny (Tin Toy)

Job 21

Woody

The central protagonist of the Toy Story universe, Woody would use his cowboy abilities in battle. I feel like woody is one of those self explanatory characters

He also gave us the best scene in KH3

Submitting Lightning McQueen

kachow
I’m unable to do a Google form so we will vote here. Please vote for your top 3. Ranked voting is active.
  • Carl
  • Buzz Lightyear
  • Wall-E
  • Woody
  • Bing Bong
  • Lightning McQueen
  • Bing Bing

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #22: Submit two Pixar stages

We will be including two Pixar stages. One will be from Toy Story and the other will be from an IP that won’t have a newcomer attached to it in the roster. Typical stage rules are applied but please avoid including cameos at this time. Please include five songs for the stages if you can.

D

Deleted member

Andy's Room (Toy Story)
A flat stage with a couple of platforms. There are numerous objects that can be interacted with. There is a ramp with a toy car that can be used to strike fighters. Various characters cameo.
Song List:
1. You've Got a Freind Me
2. Strange Things
3. Woody's Roundup
4. Andy's Birthday
5. Infinity and Beyond

Radiator Springs (Cars)
A pretty simple stage. Players fight in the town overlooking the mountains. Eventually a pack of cars will drive through and strike anyone who gets in the way.

Song List:
1. Life is a Highway
2. Real Gone
3. Opening Race
4. Piston Cup
5. Big Race

I had to sit through so much country music to make this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Job 22:
Sunny Daycare (Toy Story 3)

Sunny Daycare is one of main setting of Toy Story 3. Sunny daycare is a pre-school that has a lot of Toys like Lotso the Bear or etc.
The stage would be similar to Living Room from Smash, but there are Toys on floor instead of Blocks.

Songs:
1. You've got a friend in me (Toy Story)
2. Woody's Roundup (Toy Story 2)
3. We belong together (Toy Story 3)
4. The Ballad of the Lonesome Cowboy
5. Lightyear (2022) Song (To promote New Lightyear movie)

Earth (Wall-E)

Earth is main setting of Wall-E film. The Earth is Depicted as polluted world with Trash Mountains and ruined buildings. Wall-E lives on the Earth to clean up all the mess from People, who were before 2800.
The Layout of the Earth stage could be similar to Junkyard from NASB, but it has additional platforms made from Trash Mountains.
Occasionally, an Axiom flies in Background and there are BnL signs on Map.

Songs:
1. Put on your Sunday clothes
2. Wall-E
3. EVE
4. The Axiom
5. BNL
(I nominated the Wall-E stage, because I don't think Wall-E or EVE are gonna be Fighters, but Wall-E or EVE could be an Assist Character or something)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Not adding a Toy Story stage since I feel Andy’s Room is the best possible representative. That being said,

Land of the Dead
Coco

This stage is a large and complex stage that is reminiscent of New Pork City, Palutena’s Temple, and Temple from Smash with various levels to it, walkways, towers, boardwalks, and pitfalls. I don’t have an actual working layout but I would imagine it to have a Guar Plain’s like pitfall in the center with a board on top. To the right would be a series of towers that stretch to the right blast zone with ladders connecting them. The right side would be lower but with Moray Tower’s like slanted flooring that etch their ways up. The bottom is a series of rocks and platforms along with boardwalks with water bubbling at the bottom. There is also a startling contrast with the lower levels being dark and dreary and the top most areas being brighter and more ornate. In the far background is Ernesto de la Cruz’s tower. It’s also possible to destroy some of these structures such as platforms and ladders but not the towers or other important structures.

Potential cameos would be Miguel in both human and disguise from, Hector, Ernesto, Dante, Imelda, and several Alebrije including Imelda’s Pepita, Frida Kahlo’s Alebrije monkey, and various other ones seen in the opening.

Musics
Remember Me
Un Poco Loco
Jálale
Fiesta con de la Cruz
Run for the Ages

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright! Please vote for your top favorite stages!

First off, Toy Story
  • Andy’s Room
  • Sunny Daycare
One vote please

Pixar
  • Radiator Springs (Cars)
  • Earth (Wall-E)
  • Land of the Dead (Remember Me)
Up to two votes. Ranked voting is on.

D

Deleted member

Andy's room