• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

mood4food77

Smash Hero
light type as an attack:
x 0: Grass
x 0.5: Electric, Light, Ghost, Normal
x 1: Everything Not Listed
x 2: Dark, Dragon, Water, Steel

light as a typing:
x 0: None
x 0.5: Light, Water, Steel
x 2: Dark, Ghost, Psychic

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So I have a question about the Poke Center in general and its current rules and stuff. If I have a log that I want to post, where can I do that? Would I have to make a full warstory?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
We have a thread / multiple threads for battle logs. If it's a full warstory, I don't think anyone would object to it having its own thread.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
So I have a question about the Poke Center in general and its current rules and stuff. If I have a log that I want to post, where can I do that? Would I have to make a full warstory?
As Wave said, if you want to make a full warstory of it, it's perfectly fine to make it its own thread. If it's just a log, I think there are old threads for that somewhere, but they're so old and the only one I can find only has ~3 posts anyway, so you can just make a new thread for battle logs. Just make sure to note that people shouldn't post every battle they have just for +1 post count.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Double post, whatever, **** it.

So how the hell does ladder ranking on Pokemon Showdown work anymore? I thought it was based off ACRE, but I did some laddering today and I saw this weirdness:

I swear I didn't intend for this outline to look like a penis.

Any thoughts?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
They're trying experimental changes to the ladder system.

It appears they're not working very well.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
light type as an attack:
x 0: Grass
x 0.5: Electric, Light, Ghost, Normal
x 2: Dark, Dragon, Water, Steel

light as a typing:
x 0: None
x 0.5: Light, Water, Steel
x 2: Dark, Ghost, Psychic
Why is light not super effective against ghost?

(I mean... that would be pretty bad for pokemon like Spiritomb and Sableye)

But seriously... why? :/

Kommander Kol

Smash Rookie
Can anyone tell me a good strategy for an Azumarill with a lonely nature and Huge Power as an ability? I've never trained one before, so it would be nice to know how to proceed.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Its just some Random Battle crap with a whitelist.

Nothing special at all.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I get that, but what's the list of pokemon in the tier and why are they there?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Actually go to Smogon then and click the link on the damn main page to get all the info you'll ever need on seasonal ladders then.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
If i evolve an Eevee with Anticipation into an Espeon will it have magic Bounce?
(a bit new to hidden abilities...)

ChicknMonkey

Smash Apprentice
Ive only played "competitive" pokemon in the 4th gen, and my friends want to all start new games in gen 3 and battle, because few of them got D/P HG/SS. Whats the biggest thing about the 3rd gen metagame that different from gen 4, other than the physical/special split and how bad will it be if I go in there thinking in a gen 4 mindset?

ChicknMonkey

Smash Apprentice
Can I raise a pokemon is sapphire, trade it to LF/FR for a move tutor, and then trade it back to sapphire with the new move? As I write this it sounds like a dumb question...

ChicknMonkey

Smash Apprentice
Crazy-*** set for a sableye, meant to just screw with people:
-Mean Look
-Toxic
-Detect
-Protect
Get the mean look out so they can't run, poison them for damage, and then priority stall them for 10ish turns alternating between protect and detect. I know it will fail if protect is used in a row, but will the two moves fail because the game knows? In other words, will this actually work? (This is third gen)

Also note that a similar set can be run on several other pokemon, but being stalled by a sableye just seems so demoralizing...

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So Evasion Clause was just unbanned in Ubers on Pokemon Showdown. What's the best way I can abuse this?

Top Bottom