• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Winning with skill is the exact opposite of what he wants to do to exploit Smogon's rule change. Why would you do that?

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Completely random question, is it possible to do the pokemon cloning glitch in RBY when you're playing on Stadium?

Ultimate kaos

Smash Cadet
Pretty much everybody and their mother get double team. I just feel like trying to boost evasiveness is kind of a jerk move but that's just me lol. Yes as said before a bulk up dialga would work pretty well, a multi scale roost lugia with toxic and double team could get really annoying if you wanted to go down that route.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Is there any interest in restarting the PokeCenter Spriting Contests? I'm willing to be one participant.

Tacel

Smash Lord
True, but on the other hand it may increase the activity of the PokéCenter if more people actually do have an interest in participating.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Ya you should run it. I would make sure to enter a lot. I would run it but I am busy with the Weekend Tournaments. If nobody else will host I guess I will if people really want to enter.

:phone:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Eh. Nobody in the PC really sprites.

If anything is revivable, it's the Pokesmash College of Design.

Also that was a sudden return, Tacel.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ya you should run it. I would make sure to enter a lot. I would run it but I am busy with the Weekend Tournaments. If nobody else will host I guess I will if people really want to enter.

If there's enough interest in the contest and nobody else is interested in running it, I'd be willing to get it going again and all.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Going by how the spriting contest went, the issue would probably be the opposite. Start high and then lose more people as it went.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Ya you should run it.
Considering that I've just emerged from the depths of... not posting on SWFs... it would probably be smarter for somebody who's more active and respected to run the spriting contests. We also need somebody with premium so they can make the polls.
Going by how the spriting contest went, the issue would probably be the opposite. Start high and then lose more people as it went.
Exactly. The first PSC had ten submissions. We need to start with at least six...?

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
If you trade an egg, will it obey the new trainer when it hatches?

Thanks in advance.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Does anyone have a female Vulpix with drought? it's pretty much the last pokemon i need to finish for the team but the one i found is a brave male

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Just use a ditto with the brave male until you get a female. I think that would work but I only play on Pokemon Showdown so I'm not positive.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Just use a ditto with the brave male until you get a female. I think that would work but I only play on Pokemon Showdown so I'm not positive.

Stop knowing nothing. You can't use Ditto to breed down DW abilities from males.

brawlyoshi3

Smash Rookie
quick question: my latios gained a level after waking up from dream world. will someone elaborate on this?

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I you gain at least 500 dream points in a single session, your pokemon will gain a level. This can be determined by your pokemon having a heart icon above their head when you hover your mouse cursor over them when standing outside of your dream world house. If it's a note, that means your points are between 300 and 499. There's also a smiley face (100-299) and a "..." icon (0-99). Points are gained in the following ways:

Code:
Watering another player's Berries    10 Points
Winning a minigame    20 Points
Gain a Dream Pal    30 Points
Meaning simply logging in and watering other peoples' gardens with all 20 waters that you get, you have an instant 250 points. Hope this helps. :)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Just downloaded Pokémon Online (which btw is apparently bugged and randomly displays english and spanish text [even though I tried to install it in english... twice]). Any tips to get started to competitive Pokémon as a whole?

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Do any of you have experience with Triple battles and Single battles?

I'm going to VGC nationals next weekend and it turns out they are running a side tournament for singles (IR with 3 pokemon, so no preview) and Triples (IR with 4 pokemon, again no preview). The pokemon banned are the same ones banned in VGC's format, which includes mascot legends and event pokemon, so it isn't quite the same as smogon's banlist. Any help such as what's been hip and happening recently would be appreciated, because I haven't played singles since DP and haven't delved into triples.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Guys admittedly I have no idea how to calculate an EV spread, I just raised my Pokemon as they were without concentrating on anything in particular. Is there a way I can calculate this spread or should I just be like "To heck with it!" and forget the whole rate my team idea?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm not sure if it's possible to find your exact EV spread without knowing your IVs as well, but don't quote me on that.

Top Bottom