• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pride of Brawl – May 23rd tournament- METAKNIGHT IS REBANNED

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
lol at mk being unbanned

good thing there's enough to set this in stone though
Originally there was, but I made the mistake of going through the school, he decided after approving us, to kick us out for a sports fundraiser. I made the mistake of picking a venue controlled by people who did not hold us in high priority, and paid for it dearly, then I picked a venue where money exchanges where I later discovered money exchanges where not allowed and we had a strict time limit that would kill the event. Then I remembered back from my early days that I use to play Pokemon TCG at Books, and talked to managers, calling up the district manager, and got him enthused. I apologize for whatever distress I may have caused. This will not happen in the future, and I will always have 2 back up venues ready for immediate use.

And in case MiX is seeing this, no, the final alternate is not your house, its a gamer friend of mine :laugh:

By the way, a part of the reason Metaknight was going to be banned was super scrubs showing up, but they won't be coming now, just half scrubs.

Alright, no more updates or questions tonight, I'm Netbattleing to prove that Kingler is beast.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
????MK is not banned anymore???

Ok, im not going anymore.

So im sorry for anyone who wanted to go with me, (Monk, Petey, Noel, yummy)

Yall need to find a ride.

CAnt change **** like that dude, good job.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Dont be a ***** polmex...come on now you know you can beat mks.
MK should stay unbanned... no reason to ban him.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
The man said no mk...

I set my mind for a no Mk tourney...

I went into the forest or tried to an focused on everyone but mk...

Now theres Mk...**** that. **** that, Im to goon to **** with that their aint backing out of something like that after youve advertised a No Mk tourney for soooo ****ing long...

Naw, naw this dont fly with me this is ****ing stupid. Eat a **** crash you lame *** piece of ****

-!-

Smash Lord
.I remembered back from my early days that I use to play Pokemon TCG at Books, and talked to managers, calling up the district manager, and got him enthused. I apologize for whatever distress I may have caused. This will not happen in the future, and I will always have 2 back up venues ready for immediate use.

And in case M!X is seeing this, no, the final alternate is not your house, its a gamer friend of mine :laugh:
good to hear you got this set and done, with some back up to be safe too... and I knew you ment someone else since I never reply till when I log on before i went to work today... so I knew it was someone else... I did talk to my bro and he said it was fine as long as my mom approved, but there's no need to talk bout it anymore since there's no need... I'm just glad you won't need my house as it sounded at first :laugh:

Books a Million sounds really good, I'm happy with the venue.. same Fee I assume o.O???

and I do agree with Polmex though... You had MK banned for like over a month now, and
now a week away you just decide to unbanned him -.- I am against the ban myself so I don't care, but you made it seemed like the ban was a big deal and now you say it was just cuz of noobs???

idk it just seems wrong for you to do that on such short notice... but I don't really care much myself... I think Mk shouldn't be banned... but I just thought of saying what I think of what your doing... it's bad enough that there was some weird thing going on with the venue and this happening or not :(

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
????MK is not banned anymore???

Ok, im not going anymore.

So im sorry for anyone who wanted to go with me, (Monk, Petey, Noel, yummy)

Yall need to find a ride.

CAnt change **** like that dude, good job.
dont worry about me mike im set ed has my back im alreaddy going with him

but i agree florida has yet to see a big tourney with no metaknight it would have been really cool if it were still meta banned even thought we dont really have a metaknight problem

if most of tampa isnt going to this then maebe we can go to gameworks or just have a smashfest or something

i will probably still go to this with ed but if he drops out im not going to bother with another ride

-!-

Smash Lord
Anyone else feel that after Apex, a test Metaknight ban tournament is out of date? I do. METAKNIGHT IS UNBANNED.
ohh yea, a MK banned tourney shouldn't happened around till after GENESIS, and that's an "IF" according to the results... I said this before and others too... this shouldn't have been an MK banned tourney in the first place but again... you made it seems such a big thing and so many people are up for this and are set for a MK banned but now you randomly changed your mind based on just one single tournament??? I'm sorry but that is just not right... I'm just thinking of what Others will say about this so... we'll see...

nevershootme

Smash Master
It appears i highly doubt going as you originally gonna have mk banned (plus small gathering of people i know and met during my orlando travels). I tried to do so once, and then had it unbanned, and **** start flying through the roof after what happened and i'm sorta pissed on not doing so. now you wanted to make something happen originally and now you change things around at the last second. I'm slightly disappointed at a hype gone to waste

in addition, it's also my b-day weekend and no way i'm gonna spend that on a brawl tourney and suck at it (unless there's extra incentives of uber prioity friendlies or uber priority picking of teaming with who and w/e). unless friends wanna chill with me for my b-day and whatnot, I'll have to consider because i keep getting ****ed over on opportunities on wanting to team with people i know and to get screwed left and right. That **** doesn't ****ing fly with me, that a person like me who talks to a community of people and doing **** like uploading vids, provide livestreams, and train people. and i get the treatment of being a piece of ****. how ****ing lovely

-!-

Smash Lord
yo 8-bit you can always count on our Snake Dittos just like always... I need a ton of those before the tourney and I can't think of anyone else but you :)

if by any chance u don't come and decide to like, throw a party with Tequila Involve let me know in advance :laugh: I could pay a visit ^.<

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I'll play with you 8-bit! It'll be fun and I can train my Sheik/Zelda with ya some more.

As far as the unbanning of MK. I'm impartial to it, but to be completely honest, I was looking forward to seeing what would happen without MK at a tourney. I also find it very sudden that you decided to do this the week before the actual tourney. Like 8-bit and others have said, you've had it in the OP for a month now and I don't think it's the greatest idea to change it up because of a single tourney (APEX) lol. A big portion of the hype around this tourney is what would happen if MK wasn't here and I fear attendance can be hit with his sudden return. This doesn't change my stance on whether I go or not because I'm still coming to have a good time whether I win or lose, but I'll be honest in saying my excitement is slightly diminished with MK coming back.

Maybe my post will reban him again lol

-!-

Smash Lord
I personally think he shouldn't had been banned in the first place like I said before... but it was... now it's unbanned which shouldn't be since it was Officially banned for over a month ago, or so we thought.... attendance will be noticed thanks to this... sadly it will... we've had polmex and 8-bit not coming which leaves a few smashers without a ride and with such short notice... hard to find another ride :(

we'll see what happens, not everyone knows this major change yet so it could go either way...

Abscent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AbscentX
Lol Polmex...you crack me up ***. You really *****in out cause of MK hahaha. no but seriously..ban MK again...people are obvioulsy upset at the drastic change. If noobs can't play any other character besides MK then they should either not play...or pick up a secondary. And no, saying that what if my char was banned how would i feel wouldn't work. People adapt...noobs should too.

Edit: LOL @ the idea that noobs aren't people

Fuego Fox

Smash Journeyman
Lmao crashic you really do know how to piss people off IF you want your tourney to succeed you must reban MK that **** is to hype now for that oh he is unbanned **** First the venue now this next well find out that the bookstore said no and that your friend had band practice or sum ****.

O and you might want to review the time frame for this your going to need more than a 1:30 till 5:30 frame for singles it could strech till 9 or 10 you need to make sure books is okay and aware of this and make sure that at 8:00 the manager isn't going to kick us all out right before finals start cuz i see that happening

Even though I was for the MK bann i don't think people should not come because of a char he was there every other tourney and he's going to be there every tourney after this so what the difference you going to stop playing or sum ****. It would have been nice to see another char win tho.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
The man said no mk...

I set my mind for a no Mk tourney...

I went into the forest or tried to an focused on everyone but mk...

Now theres Mk...**** that. **** that, Im to goon to **** with that their aint backing out of something like that after youve advertised a No Mk tourney for soooo ****ing long...

Naw, naw this dont fly with me this is ****ing stupid. Eat a **** crash you lame *** piece of ****
this is the first timeee i agreee with polmex!! your lamee crashhhh how you going to change that with a week noticee alot of this people were looking forward for this mk banne tournamenttt. i reallly dont give a f*** cuz i know all other tournaments have mk but thats what made this tournament interestingg i dont want to loos to some fxcking mk that tornados me alll the matchhh. but forealll CRASHH you need to get your shxt str8 cuz i might not go to this shxt just cuz you got everything fxcked up. i dont wnt this to turn out like chibo and getting kicked out of the venue and everyone hatinggg you but you are not ment to be TO get your shxt right man make up your mind, like i said i know all other tourneys have mk so ijm used to it but i was interested to see how this would goo. and the apex just one tournamenntt. where an mk didnt win,. you really fxcking up this tournamne t ally didnt beat m2k just cuz hes snake hes a better player or atleast he played better theree. and im not going to be FXCKing surprise if cuz snake won that tournamenttt your going to be likee ohh snakes broken cuz he won so snake is bannedd. lame broo 4reallll

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
O and you might want to review the time frame for this your going to need more than a 1:30 till 5:30 frame for singles it could strech till 9 or 10 you need to make sure books is okay and aware of this and make sure that at 8:00 the manager isn't going to kick us all out right before finals start cuz i see that happening.
Oh, those times are for the old place.
This new one doesn't have a time limit until the stores closes, which isn't till 10.

Perhaps I was wrong changing the rules 2 weeks before a tournament. I'll change it back just to keep my word. I apologize. But in return I want my *** ***** by someone's Olimar.

Even though being a TO means never having to say I'm sorry, I wish.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Why would you want to ban MK if there is no reason to do so (besides your own personal gain which most of you are too bad for it to matter anyways)?

...:027:

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Why would you want to ban MK if there is no reason to do so (besides your own personal gain which most of you are too bad for it to matter anyways)?

...:027:
The point is to see how a non-metaknight tournament would play out in a FL tourney. I dont see how APEX can influence the decision to not ban mk at this tourney all of a sudden. what, 1 national tournament not won by mk out of the what... 100+? On top of that this is a florida tournament not a national one. This type of tourney has been tried out in other regions but hasn't been done here, which is what made this tourney interesting to begin with. Going back against that decision would just hurt attendance. MK is not the biggest of problems, but it would be interesting to see what it would be like without it for a change.

Gindler

Smash Champion
They weren't THAT unimpressive. You can expect more snakes and D3s than ever though (which is loads of fun?)

-!-

Smash Lord
this is in a little over one week.. yea there will be more Snakes and DDDs then before, I would rather fight an MK then a DDD myself but he did had this for over a month with no mk...

nevershootme

Smash Master
case in point, there are up to 5 ddd's coming.

there are about 6-10 snake's (amateur to pro) possibly coming to this

a portion can make it to the end.

don't conclude that there's gonna be all snake and ddd (say 50 people) people. then it'd be an orgy

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Co, Seir, and Afro are all expected to make it to top. (D3s and Snakes)
Any Marth, Peach, R.O.B. or Olimar mains better show up big to show that a metaknight banned tourney is worth it.

TRA

Smash Journeyman
if most of tampa isnt going to this[........]
I'm coming from Tampa with a few other people. We're not really part of the Tampa Brawl Crowd (Does a Tampa Brawl Crowd even exist??) but we do OK.

But in return I want my *** ***** by someone's Olimar........
That could be arranged. One of the guys in my crew has a wicked tough Olimar. He should be at the tournament, so I'll introduce you two and we'll see how that match goes.

Plus i still need a doubles partner...if anyone is interested.
If I dont partner with Tet, I could partner with you, Scent. I've gotten used to your potassium, so it wouldn't mess with my play that much, and we could try that trick with the boosters you showed me. I'll talk to Tet later and figure things out.

I'm glad things are finally figured out with the venue and all. I'm pretty excited for this. I haven't been to a tournament since Fall Semester. Can't wait!

Time
Runs
Away

TRA

Smash Journeyman
Any Marth, Peach, R.O.B. or Olimar mains better show up big to show that a metaknight banned tourney is worth it.

Why are you singling out those characters? (Was that a stupid question to ask?)

And also, Crash, with the new venue and all, how are we doing on setups? You said we need about 11 more? Does that include TV's?

And Scent,
After some consideration, I've realized that partnering with Tet might not be the best thing to do, because of our characters and all. So I would be more than happy to do some doubles with you if you'll have me as a partner. Haha, and I'll remember to play more defensively so that I dont have to steal any of your lives.

Time
Runs
Away

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Why are you singling out those characters? (Was that a stupid question to ask?)

And also, Crash, with the new venue and all, how are we doing on setups? You said we need about 11 more? Does that include TV's?
They all have major trouble with Metaknight.

And unfortunately, yes, everyone must bring their own TVs. I'll bring 3, but those are already taken by earlier people who had said they could bring theirs.

Top Bottom