• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pride of Brawl – May 23rd tournament- METAKNIGHT IS REBANNED

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I have some funky news.

My school can't handle their paperwork to well.
We just found out today the entire school will be in use that Saturday.
As stated before, even if something goes wrong on the school end, this tournament is still going to happen.
I will find and choose a venue by next Wednesday, have new directions, and as promised early, a video toar of how to get to venue, and of the venue itself.

Things we loose.
Televisions. Now, if you bring a Wii, you must also bring a television for the most part, I have 10 televisions, 4 of which will be in use, leaving 6 wiis that can be given a television. Those who have already promised their Wii will be given these TVs. MiX, Cools, Gambit, and Jssn. This leaves two televisions that I currently have that can be used for Wiis or game cube set ups.

The venue may be a large house, but the gym was a over sized any way, as I seem to fail at bringing OOS attendance.

Things we gain:
There is no longer a time restriction. This means we will not include a Melee tournament. From past experience, when should the Melee tournament begin so that both tournaments end at a reasonable time? (as in, before 3 in the morning)

A more lax environment, free of school regulations.

Carpeted venue that isn't freezing. (most likely)

So really, nothing has changed, except for the loss of TVs and the fact that this is now also running Melee. Will let you know more about the new venue when I know more.

-!-

Smash Lord
idk i thought a school would be a great place.. lots of room like u said and even if it was to much its better then being in a small one... and yea im assuming there wont be melee tournament right o.O

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
Everyone who's going should bring Wiis and TVs...
Are you going to host both Melee Doubles and Singles? If you're doing that, you should probably no later than 11:30am..
Since the venue has changed, are the 30 kids from the school still showing up? I did like a school gym but a big house may be fine. Just set the temperature to about 60 degrees if 90 people show up.
Now this needs LOTS of MOAR TVs if everything should be ran smoothly, including time for friendlies and MMs.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Wait... are you including a Melee tournament or not? :confused:
Yes, I am.

idk i thought a school would be a great place.. lots of room like u said and even if it was to much its better then being in a small one... and yea i'm assuming there wont be melee tournament right o.O
We still don't know what size venue I can get.

Everyone who's going should bring Wiis and TVs...
Are you going to host both Melee Doubles and Singles? If you're doing that, you should probably no later than 11:30am..
Since the venue has changed, are the 30 kids from the school still showing up? I did like a school gym but a big house may be fine. Just set the temperature to about 60 degrees if 90 people show up.
Now this needs LOTS of MOAR TVs if everything should be ran smoothly, including time for friendlies and MMs.
Are Melee Doubles as popular as Melee singles?

We won't have as many scrubs, but I am trying to get more scrubs into competitive gaming, so expect between 15-30.

And yeah, we now need not only Wiis, but TVs.

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
I'm really not too sure if Melee doubles will be as popular due to the Brawl people coming in. I do not recognize any of the names of people who frequent Melee tourneys here in Florida in the attendance list. Maybe once time goes by the Melee players will mention if they're coming or not.

Fuego Fox

Smash Journeyman
So its not in the high school anymore....? Lame I was looking forward to it not being 7 trillion degrees at the venue!

C.J.

Smash Master
I have like 5 more people that wanna come with me... I'll have at least one set up if they decide to come, probably 3.

-!-

Smash Lord
I think Smash Mac might come to this as well... hell the three brothers could...

but I am curious to see how many people will actually join the melee side...

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Things we loose.
Televisions. Now, if you bring a Wii, you must also bring a television for the most part, I have 10 televisions, 4 of which will be in use, leaving 6 wiis that can be given a television. Those who have already promised their Wii will be given these TVs. MiX, Cools, Gambit, and Jssn. This leaves two televisions that I currently have that can be used for Wiis or game cube set ups.
Am I Gambit lol?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Good news. I think I may have already found a good venue.
Apparently, the local library is set up for Brawl tournaments.
They may or may not have their own tvs.
I'll let you know more.
Yeah Scary, you're gambit.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
woah i just realized this is in 2 weeks. so is the venue confirmed and set in stone? with 2 weeks left there should be a solid place for this.

oh n 1 more thing. who wants to mm?

wbu polmex? my luigi vs yours.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
If it has to happen at my house, it will happen. (my house is big enough though)

I'd confirm it today, but the library isn't open today for some reason.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Alright, I'm going to reserve the venue tomorrow, I've been in the room before, its nice and is big enough for us easily. Now, I have a laptop with a webcam feature, but someone is going to have to teach me how to live stream.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Do Luigi secondaries count? :p

Anyways, I'm now positive that I can go to this. Would anyone like to be my partner?
Yo, I may not have tourney experience, but I'm a well informed DDD, running the video thread, watching every match I can to learn my match ups. The idea of a DDD suck to a Yoshi swallow blows my mind. What do you say? Wanna team up?

Top Bottom