• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pride of Brawl – May 23rd tournament- METAKNIGHT IS REBANNED

Fuego Fox

Smash Journeyman
Yoooo Mix we can always brawl at my house if you bring you wii i have a tv for it and i have my wii for a little while i think V-tec is coming over today to brawl if anyone wants to come hit me up. My crib is open for tommorow 2:chuckle:

Fuego Fox

Smash Journeyman
Every1 check out the link on my sig Tourney in naples a couple month after this

CRUSH_

Smash Cadet
forgive me if this is impossible, I don't know how it works. The live stream setup, is there any way we can get the link to the stream before the tournament so that our computer-illiterate buddies can watch without throwing the computer out the window while trying to find it?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I think that the link will be put up in this topic once the live stream is set up.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
lol

Hey bro, I was curious to know the match up of Sheik vs Zelda, how do you see it???
Welp, how I see it is against Snake, I'd probably go Sheik for most of the battle because of much better maneuverability. Building damage is a snap but killing gets hard against Snake because he's Snake. Either surprise DACUS for the kill or going to Zelda for kill power. Going to Zelda can be tricky because your Zelda has to be good at getting inside all the range attacks he has but around 120-130, very killable. 100 if your landing lightning kicks. I'd get flamed if I said even, but using them as Zelda and Sheik, I don't see why not.

-!-

Smash Lord
Welp, how I see it is against Snake, I'd probably go Sheik for most of the battle because of much better maneuverability. Building damage is a snap but killing gets hard against Snake because he's Snake. Either surprise DACUS for the kill or going to Zelda for kill power. Going to Zelda can be tricky because your Zelda has to be good at getting inside all the range attacks he has but around 120-130, very killable. 100 if your landing lightning kicks. I'd get flamed if I said even, but using them as Zelda and Sheik, I don't see why not.

Thanks! but I miss wrote what I ment to say XD sorry

I mean how do you see Sheik/Zelda vs DDD??? That has me curious.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I'm pretty sure Zelda has the advantage in this one. She's not chain-grabbable, can out-camp King Dedede (who has a hard time approaching Zelda), can Lightning Kick him VERY easily, and has a relatively easy time edge-guarding him. However, King Dedede can KO Zelda much earlier than she can kill him, but at least she can kill him (unlike Sheik; from what I remember at the Zelda boards they recommended not to even switch to her). Personally, I think it's 60:40 Zelda, but that's just me. =P

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Two words, Buuman Trap, and Zelda's are SOL. Now, not being chain grabable is no longer and advantage, especially since most of them are light anyway.

-!-

Smash Lord
ummm I did thought Zelda would do best compared to Sheik... so sheik can be chaingrabed >.<

Gindler

Smash Champion

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
No. Its guaranteed. It wouldn't be fully charged, but on light characters, we don't need it to be fully charged. It isn't easy, and it takes a lot of timing, but because Dededee leans back , we can't be hit during, even by metaknight, and it allows us somewhat early kills.

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
You might wanna type in big letters on the first post to tell everyone to try to bring Wiis. It seems like there aren't enough and this is in 3 weeks. I'm bringing mine, and maybe my Gamecube for Melee friendlies/MMs.

Hype++++++

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
the buuman trap doesnt work cause the person doesnt have to tech, until he sees the movement from the dsmashes release, then his tech/get up with invincibility, and the dsmash will miss everytime.

Gindler

Smash Champion
You're telling an amazing D3 player (seibrik) that he's wrong about something that looks rather avoidable?

Fuego Fox

Smash Journeyman
Seibrek is right about that i play alot of d3 in naples and they try every trick in the book if the player is good he will wait until u use the downsmash to get up with the invincability frames.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Seibrek is right about that i play alot of d3 in naples and they try every trick in the book if the player is good he will wait until u use the downsmash to get up with the invincability frames.
whats up dawg you got me?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
the ONLY mixup ddd can do to preassure them to tech faster is to a quick dash forward, PREDICT their wait, and stop their dash, and dtilt before they think twice about it

that will hit them, its the best thing u can do, i've thought many times about it when i played ddd, hell theres' prolly vids of me doing just that vs mk's that wait for me to read techs.

but even then its just comes down to prediction thats still in the opponents favor, since they have the option to tech, not tech, hit the floor, DI up, the ddd has to be REALLY smart, or just a smarter player than his opponent to do stuff to the opponent out of d-throw, vs a none-chaingrabbable character.

Fuego Fox

Smash Journeyman
No body is ready for it dawg. RevaL!X
U think so
DAwg your wolf is monster we got this well rIPPPPPPP por vida
yo ***** dawg u just became a journeyman ****nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
You're telling an amazing D3 player (seibrik) that he's wrong about something that looks rather avoidable?
And Buu, best DDD player in New England and a top DDD, has already explained the trap to him, and someone a few others. In every video he has given me for the video thread, he nails it every time. Its still hard, but its well worth learning.

But in tournament related news.
If I had chess set up, would anyone play?

-!-

Smash Lord
hey CRASHiC, you should make a list of whose bringing W!!s just so that people know how many we will be working with on the day... if they see we only have like 5 then more people would bring???

also I'm really picky about who touches my Special W!! but I'll trust you with it... and I'll see who else can bring one... can be up to 5 more I think

Top Bottom