• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
i just relsied this may make me a noobish dude but i relised who the master hand is on kirby games the hand that appears on game over THATS THE MASTER HAND!!!
No Sh-t, Sherlock.
Stupid computer won't load the videos... I'm gonna try on Youtube or something...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey.... I'm back!!!

And I also think I'm the only one who isn't all giddy over snake.
I think he's a punk(opinion), and will take delight in crushing him in brawl(fact).
...You've got issues

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well, I was right for listing Lakitu as an AT, though I don't know if he'll be used in the same light as what I described. Great minds think alike, I suppose.

Also, to Johnknight, you're assuming way too much. Taking all of the characters you've mentioned for granted can only set yourself up for disappointment.

All I'm saying is, don't be suprised to find that when you unlock the entire roster, Sonic is mysteriously missing.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Why does the Hammer Bro get a 3-D model, while Lakitu is stuck with an 8-bit sprite? Lakitu > Hammer Bro any day.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think Ness and Marth will not be playable characters.

Don't you find it odd that most franchises revealed their main character first besides Mother (Earthbound) and Fire Emblem.

Don't you find it odd that the other main characters are staples that keep returning in their franchise while Ness and Marth are replaced in later series in their games.

And isn't it weird that Ike and Marth are both similar blue haired sword weilding characters. But Ike was shown before Marth (who was known to be in Melee despite them having similar looking moves).

And same with Lucas. He was shown before Ness. Ness and Lucas both wear striped shirts and have psychic powers. In fact they share similar powers and weapons such as the bat and yo-yo.

I think that Lucas and Ike are similar enough to Ness and Marth, that in a way they are upgrades rather then a full out replacement.

Yes, Lucas will have different moves then Ness did in Melee. But then again Ness in Melee had different moves then he did in the original game. So I think Lucas is gonna grab Ness's moveset and buff it up a bit and mix it up.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Don't you find it odd that most franchises revealed their main character first besides Mother (Earthbound) and Fire Emblem.

Don't you find it odd that the other main characters are staples that keep returning in their franchise while Ness and Marth are replaced in later series in their games.

And isn't it weird that Ike and Marth are both similar blue haired sword weilding characters. But Ike was shown before Marth (who was known to be in Melee despite them having similar looking moves).

And same with Lucas. He was shown before Ness. Ness and Lucas both wear striped shirts and have psychic powers. In fact they share similar powers and weapons such as the bat and yo-yo.

I think that Lucas and Ike are similar enough to Ness and Marth, that in a way they are upgrades rather then a full out replacement.

Yes, Lucas will have different moves then Ness did in Melee. But then again Ness in Melee had different moves then he did in the original game. So I think Lucas is gonna grab Ness's moveset and buff it up a bit and mix it up.

your statements do make sense, but I believe we'll be seeing Ness again, it doesn't matter how similar they look (look at Mario and Luigi) is the moves they'll have sure like you said he might be an "upgrade" off what Ness was but I still believe Ness has a chance to return, after all the return of Mr. Saturn surely might help him out, as for Marth I'm not too sure he'll be returning either since Ike upB does look somewhat similar, but mostly looks like Kirby upB than Marth's and sure both Lucas and Ike have been revealed before the both Ness and Marth but that doesn;t necesseraly scrap them out of the picture

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I like the changes that you've made to the "borderline" candidates--the "either/or" setup. I'm glad to see that you put Midna/WL as equally important as (although certainly more than, IMO) CS Link. Ditto that with only including two FE characters, a move that's sure to rock the FE fanboys (lolz). I do miss the inclusion of Sukapon and/or Takamaru, but I can understand your skepticism. I imagine that at least one of the two will make it in, though. And I wouldn't completely disregard the possibility that a certain Masked Boy will find a spot on the playable roster as well (much to my elation!).... :bigthumbu

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman

Well, Zamus was revealed as a character before Samus was confirmed. Despite being in the freakin' trailer, Samus wasn't even mentioned as a character until Zamus got her profile on the original Dojo site. Almost as if Sakurai assumed that some characters are just obvious....
Also, the Franklin Badge was revealed for Eathbound before Lucas. Isn't it odd that a series would have an item revealed for it before a character?

But really, I'll admit that it DOES seem odd for a series to get a newcomer before a veteran. But then, it's only seems odd because we were expecting Sakurai to use the veterans to stall for time as much as possible before he had to reveal any newcomers.
WHY must Sakurai reveal veterans before newcomers? Is there any unspoken law or promise that this is what Sakurai was supposed to do? No, just our assumptions.
So I'd say that the order Sakurai reveals characters in has no significance.

Hey, typo. I think you mean 'games in their series', not the other way around. Well, it's not important, anyway:

That might be why they weren't revealed before the newcomers. We already know all about Marth and Ness, and unlike Mario or Link they don't have any new games under their belt to draw from, so they're pretty much known quantities. It would then stand to reason that more hype could be generated for Brawl by revealing new characters from the series about which nothing is known.
This doesn't mean that Ness and Marth have to be cut, just that other characters are better suited to hyping a new game.

Ike? Marth? Similar? Are you sure? If they're so similar, then why do so many people rag on Marth for being a pansy and praise Ike for being more macho? They're either the same or different people, not both. Personally, I vote for different. It takes more than blue hair and a penchant for swords to be similar in my book, and Marth and Ike have enough differences in their costume design and basic structure to be very different characters.
As for moves, we know Ike and Marth are very far apart. Aside from being a heavy character, Ike's moves are nothing like Marths, based on what's been revealed so far.

I'll give you this one. Ness and Lucas are almost identical in terms of basic structure and outfit. Although I don't know where you're getting Lucas' bat and yo-yo affinity. He migh use them in Mother 3, I don't know, but I haven't seen him do anything bat or yo-yo related in Brawl. I'm not saying he won't, I'm just cautioning against jumping the gun.

Lucas? Maybe. But Ike? He's just flat out not similar enough to be a Marth upgrade OR a replacement.

I find it more likely that Lucas might have a moveset that shares with Ness' moveset, the same way Mario and Luigi shared a few moves in Melee. Either that, or Lucas gets his own wholly original moveset. One of those two options.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Well, Zamus was revealed as a character before Samus was confirmed. Despite being in the freakin' trailer, Samus wasn't even mentioned as a character until Zamus got her profile on the original Dojo site. Almost as if Sakurai assumed that some characters are just obvious....
Also, the Franklin Badge was revealed for Eathbound before Lucas. Isn't it odd that a series would have an item revealed for it before a character?

But really, I'll admit that it DOES seem odd for a series to get a newcomer before a veteran. But then, it's only seems odd because we were expecting Sakurai to use the veterans to stall for time as much as possible before he had to reveal any newcomers.
WHY must Sakurai reveal veterans before newcomers? Is there any unspoken law or promise that this is what Sakurai was supposed to do? No, just our assumptions.
So I'd say that the order Sakurai reveals characters in has no significance.

Not necessarily. We saw Samus before Zamus. And by looking at the Dojo website, Samus appeared in the character select screen before Zamus.

The main character is the face of the franchise so I think it does matter. Especially because Sakurai knows that people knew to Smash will be visiting the site. Hence the updates on How to Recover. Thus it makes sense to link a franchise with the main character. So basically I think Sakurai is saying Lucas is now the main rep of Earthbound and Ike of Fire Emblem.

Hey, typo. I think you mean 'games in their series', not the other way around. Well, it's not important, anyway:

That might be why they weren't revealed before the newcomers. We already know all about Marth and Ness, and unlike Mario or Link they don't have any new games under their belt to draw from, so they're pretty much known quantities. It would then stand to reason that more hype could be generated for Brawl by revealing new characters from the series about which nothing is known.
This doesn't mean that Ness and Marth have to be cut, just that other characters are better suited to hyping a new game.

Marth and Ness do not have any more games to draw from, true. This is because Marth starred only in the first two Fire Emblem series and Ness only in the second Mother game. Other games have new main characters. And Smash already showcased them, maybe it is time for new blood from the most recent games in the franchise.

Ike? Marth? Similar? Are you sure? If they're so similar, then why do so many people rag on Marth for being a pansy and praise Ike for being more macho? They're either the same or different people, not both. Personally, I vote for different. It takes more than blue hair and a penchant for swords to be similar in my book, and Marth and Ike have enough differences in their costume design and basic structure to be very different characters.
As for moves, we know Ike and Marth are very far apart. Aside from being a heavy character, Ike's moves are nothing like Marths, based on what's been revealed so far.

As far as we know, they are not far apart. Pictures so Ike slashing the same way Marth did. The Up B is a vertical sword slice and the B is a chargable front assault using the sword.

And we do not know if Ike is a heavy character. Sakurai went off on a tangent after saying how Ike did not flinch during his Up B and said that some heavy characters have the same property. It makes sense for Ike not to flinch when he throws his sword up,because if he is sent away he will lose his sword.

I'll give you this one. Ness and Lucas are almost identical in terms of basic structure and outfit. Although I don't know where you're getting Lucas' bat and yo-yo affinity. He migh use them in Mother 3, I don't know, but I haven't seen him do anything bat or yo-yo related in Brawl. I'm not saying he won't, I'm just cautioning against jumping the gun.

Not jumping the gun, from what people have said Lucas can use those items in the game.

Lucas? Maybe. But Ike? He's just flat out not similar enough to be a Marth upgrade OR a replacement.

I think so. He has range and power using a sword. His special moves look fairly similar. Perhaps he will play as more of a clone to Marth (trading speed for more power) rather then a flat out upgrade. But I think he will replace Marth as the head figure for the series.

I find it more likely that Lucas might have a moveset that shares with Ness' moveset, the same way Mario and Luigi shared a few moves in Melee. Either that, or Lucas gets his own wholly original moveset. One of those two options.
I hope Luigi will be completely different in this one if he returns.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
The main character is the face of the franchise so I think it does matter. Especially because Sakurai knows that people knew to Smash will be visiting the site. Hence the updates on How to Recover. Thus it makes sense to link a franchise with the main character. So basically I think Sakurai is saying Lucas is now the main rep of Earthbound and Ike of Fire Emblem.
I think so too. Earthbound and Fir Emblem are series without consistent main characters, so it makes sense to showcase the newest face. There's no reason Ness or Marth had to be shown first.

As far as we know, they are not far apart. Pictures so Ike slashing the same way Marth did. The Up B is a vertical sword slice and the B is a chargable front assault using the sword.
A chargeable move that attacks in front of the character is an apt description of every single forward smash of every single character in smash bros.
Ike's up special isn't a slash, it's a projectile that turns into a downward plummet. And Marth's B is a forward slash that breaks shields, Ike's is a downward stab that seems to make flames erupt from the ground. Them's differences right thar.

And we do not know if Ike is a heavy character. Sakurai went off on a tangent after saying how Ike did not flinch during his Up B and said that some heavy characters have the same property. It makes sense for Ike not to flinch when he throws his sword up,because if he is sent away he will lose his sword.
Link never lost his boomerang, although you could hit him after he threw it and it would never come back.
Also, Sakurai says that "there are several moves like this among the heavy characters". It's a natural assumption that Ike is one of the heavy characters you can find those moves among.
Not jumping the gun, from what people have said Lucas can use those items in the game.
Alright, fair enough. I'm just saying we haven't seen Lucas use them in Brawl. It's (very, very) likely Lucas will have at least some form of bat and/or yo-yo, but you never know.

I hope Luigi will be completely different in this one if he returns.
He will return. And I'm sure Luigi'll have the vacuum to counter Mario's water pack. But I hope he isn't too much different. He's one of my mains, and I don't want to lose my favorite Luigi moves.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
The main thing that gives me hope for Marth returning is the Brawl Fire Emblem logo being the Falchion.

hojiky

Smash Cadet
"meh update" of the week: rolling and dodging. yay!

does fox's final smash seem kinda weak compared to the others? i guess it depends on how long you can actually be in the landmaster.

speaking of which... anyone have any idea how long final smash attacks are supposed to last? some, like samus's and mario's, don't last long just because they're instant, big blasts right? but how about fox's, yoshi's, and diddy kong's?

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
And here I thought Fox's FS would be akin to his taunt/summon thingie from the Melee Corneria stage. w00t for the Landmaster! Glad they decided to use the N64 Landmaster and make it all awesome looking, too.

DO A BARREL ROLL!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Actually i don't really like this one... a bit underwhelming for fox.

BRING ON THE ARWINGS!!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
O right yhea... but if something that was predictable didn't happen then that means that it "Would have" but it wouldn't because it didn't happen...

... Whatever.

Top Bottom