• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Vali

Smash Ace
They all share one move: Pokemon Change. Just like how Zelda only had Three Special moves and Transformation and Sheik only had three special moves and Transformation? Same thing here.
Each had 4 special moves though. Transformation is a special move regardless of the actual mechanics of it. Zelda/Sheik had a total of 7 or 8 special moves depending on the way you want to see it, not 6.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea just because they share a down b doesn't mean they don't have certain moves.

Ok then if you say it like that you make perfect sense /sarcasm

Vali

Smash Ace
Hmm fine read it all through again and they probably will have 3 special moves each. Wasn't reading the down B as his special move as in the trainer's special move rather than the Pokemon's.

<3 Vagrant

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
No, here's the key point. Each Pokemon does have 3 special moves. Down B is the Trainer's only move. He is the one who returns and swaps pokemon, so every Down B, regardless of if it's Squirtle, Ivysaur or Charizard, is actually PT's move. Thus, Up B, Over B and Neutral B are the moves each pokemon has.

EDIT: ****it. Vali corrected himself mere seconds before I posted this.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well everyone should have known from the start that they'd all have different special moves. There really hasn't been any good evidence one way or the other if the three share a FS, or have different ones, but I'm leaning more to the former. It is the PT after all.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
I must admit, I'm a little disappointed by Flamethrower, moreso than Rock Smash. I mean, Overheat as a B move could have been cool. As in it heats him up so that his other moves do extra damage for a while, but it has a cool-down period in between or something. Just something more original than Flamethrower. I would have preferred Flare Blitz over Rock Smash too, I think. As for Up B, I want either Submission or Seismic Toss.

However, Vine Whip and Bullet Seed look awesome, as does Waterfall. I reserve judgement on Withdraw. I can't wait to see the other three special moves.

Vali

Smash Ace
Final Smash?
He could've had several moves that were much better than the pretty lame flamethrower and rock smash moves though. Sure he could have an awesome final smash instead, but it just feels like a wasted opportunity.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Charizard not having flamethrower would be like Mario not having his fireball. The moves just go hand in hand with the characters. Now I guess the general concern is if the move will be like Bowser's, but I doubt it. It will probably play differently, possibly having more range, or not having the ability to be sustained like Bowser's was.

And while Rock Smash is unexpected, it still should be a good move. Heck most of the suggestions for the other attacks would have been ones borrowed from other characters, unlike this one. (Which is weird considering the reaction to flamethrower)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
How bout seismic toss as Charizards FS (Thats presuming each have their own which i doubt...) he would grab a player and then go out of site (High high high up) and then come crashing down with them in his arms causing a massive shock wave that send the person he grabbed flying and hitting everyone in the shock wave.

Edit: i think he brakes the rock right in front of them so its like he is smashing them as well.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
or maybe Rock Smash breaks the rock creating a sort of shotgun spray that will damage people in close to it a Lot, and providing a 1-2% damage/annoyance to people a little more distant. It may be slow to pull off, thus a nice reward for hitting someone point-blank.

I take it Squitle's last move will be watergun. Ivysaur's could be a horizontal projectile of some sort, such as a vine whip. Charizard's will most likely be the ability to fly.
All in all, the special moves may appear bland, but I think it'll be the rest of the melee attacks that make the pokemon so fun.

Also, if you think Ivysaur's Bullet Seed doesn't look cool, recall Pikachu's down+B. I used to use the hell out of that move. Sure, this is coming from the other direction (down to up, rather than up to down), but I think it'll be pretty neat once implemented.

PS. I'm still hoping the final smash will just be an amazing pokemon change. Suddenly a legendary pokemon comes out, or ...Mew? Alright, I'll get off the Mew thing, I promise. I'm done.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Squirtle and Ivysaur are missing Water Gun and Razor Leaf each, so I'll say that those are the missing ones. Dunno about Charizard... Sky Attack would be totally awesome, but I don't think he can learn it. OOH, Aerial Ace would be killer.

Pokemon Trainer will be hard to master.

Vali

Smash Ace
Why is this topic still alive? This list is horrible.
So are you, but we don't question your existance. Anyway, I'm sure Wiseguy appreciates the bump from your post asking why the topic is still alive.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Conker1, instead of flaming you, which I probably should, I will answer your question: This thread is still alive becaue the list happens to me (mostly) accurate ,only getting a sparce few things wrong. It also is still alive because intelligent people post (i.e Not you) and are able to be less judgemental and openly discuss character related topics. Have I cleared that one up for you?

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Forum Masters? Hardly. We're just people who know that you're just down putting everything. Just looking at your sig tells me that. If you want to voice your opinion, just say: I think that this character needs these inprovements or that this character has advantages to that character. Instead of going: This thread is teh suxxorz!

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
It probably would help if you did point out the faults with the list and made some constructive criticism rather than just insult things.

Anyway... I don't want to see fly as a move for Charizard, but I think Seismic Toss could be really awesome. So would Submission, but that'd be a hell of a lot more dangerous for you as well, like if you do that throw of Kirby's (where he rockets up into the air with the foe and slams back down to the ground) near the edge and end up Kirbyciding.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I agree that "fly" is a bit on the lame side.

I'm all for moves that could backfire, if used incorrectly. You know, the whole "power blah blah responsibility" speil... I suppose he could use his wings by tapping up like Kirby or Jigglypuff's jumps. His flight is probably hulky and stunted due to his size. If his up-special were something that moved at a much faster rate than his normal flight, it would look strange.
Seismic Toss could work very much like Ganondorf's current up-special. Charizard bats his wings back in a faster, more aggressive thrust going up a short distance and latching on to someone. If it hits, and wasn't above the stage, both Charizard and the victim would fly up and then go screaming toward the ground, killing them both (Charizard first). If above the stage, they hit the ground, and the victim skids away from Charizard as Charizard backflips back onto its feet.

I just looked up Seismic Toss and it isn't an innately learned move for Charizard however, so it most likely won't happen. There is a move called "Air Slash" though.

...did I get those moves (Seismic Toss, Submission) mixed up, or just completely wrong or something? Seismic Toss is practically a piledriver, right?

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
I believe, at least in the anime, that's Submission. You don't really see what the moves look like on the game. But then again, I can't remember what they look like from Stadium or Colloseum, so might wanna check there too.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Well, todays update rehashes the idea of gliding, pretty self-expanitory. All this proved is tat Charizard can fly and gliding isn't an up B. I think that gliding will be important on stages like Skyworld, with the little platform at the bottom. Speaking of stages, we haven't had a new stage confirmed in a while... my instincts say that we'll be getting a new one soon.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Well, from today's and yesterday's update; we've gathered the following;

Rock smash=at the moment, lame.
Bullet seed= as I said, unless you can angle it in a direction if you're holding down the b button, lame.
Waterfall= Cool, but what about when he's in the air?
Withdraw= Not too shabby. Smaller Koopa Fortress
Vinewhip= Not bad. What I wanna know, is how will these moves work while you're on the ground? I'm looking at you Zamus
Flamethrower= Duh. Need I say more?

Gliding= It's nice to see that Charizard will be using those too small in comparision to his body wings. ;)

O D I N's predictions for the remaining moves on Pokemon;

Charizard= ^B-Seismic Toss/Fly: I like the idea of Seismic Toss, but Fly isn't completely out for me yet. Could be cool, if done right. :shrug:
Squirtle= B- Watergun/Bubblebeam: I'm not a fan of bubblebeam, but having multiple bubbles that hit and do damage is a neat idea. Watergun is most likely.
IvySaur= >B- Razor Leaf: Makes the most sense to me. He'd need a little range; I think Ivysaur here would be the "ranged weapon" of the three.

FinalSmash:
Squirtle: Hydro Pump/the water starter ultimate move thing: Makes sense to me
Ivysaur: FrenzyPlant: Not a shabby idea.
Charizard: Blast Burn/Overheat

And, that's all. ;)

I wants Ridley... :( And Metroid Dread. :chuckle:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..Actually, I would think Charizards Seismic Toss would be a Grab UpB...don't you think so too? It would make more sense since ST doesn't seem like a recovery. Fly is probably his Up B recovery.]

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..Squirtle seems the best as of now. Well, Charizard at least can fly for recovery. I don't know about this character. We need to know their A moves. And, what about the Final Smash? They probably all come out and use uber powerful moves.
Squirtle: Hydro Pump
Ivysaur: Solar Beam
Charizard: Fire Spin/Blast

It will take a while to master this character.

Archyp Cosh

Smash Rookie
This week is shaping up exciting. Metaknight's moveset, Pokemon Trainer's moveset...I wonder if we'll get a character confirmation tomorrow.

Since it's about time we get C. Falcon, I'm guess we'll get Ness.

Also, that gliding mechanic reminds of Thousand Year Door. I wonder if that means Paper Mario has a better chance? Obviously it does.

...I hope.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
With the confirming of the ness item you would think they would keep Ness in right?
Not neccesarily(?).

All he said was that it was from Mother; a series featuring Ness. If I'm not mistaken, the most recent Mother featured Lucas, not Ness.

However; It's very possible/plausible that Ness could be a hidden character; Perhaps listed under veteran status, like what they did with stages in Melee. Just throwin it out there. :chuckle:

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Since all of the boss suggestion threads are either dead or closed I will just post mine here.

Mario series: King Whomp, King Boo, King Goomba and King Bob-omb. Now that alot of royalty.

Zelda series: Skull Keeta, Volvagia, King Moblin, Bong Bongo (If they don't have Bongo Bongo I'm going to be very upset.)

Pokemon: Random robots with the team rocket insignia

Kirby: Nightmare, Dark Matter, Squeak squad

Fire Emblem: Ashnard

Star Fox: Goras, Andross's secret weapon

F-Zero: Zoda II, Instead of explaining this one I'm going to show you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrj3gwhXFsU

D.K: Dodagon

Thats all for now.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
How many games have that many bosses? none (Maybe a very very very very long RPG)

Remember we don't even know if each series will have a separate story TBH the story mode might not be a long as well think.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
O yhea they where just suggestions : p

Good list actually but wouldn't deathborn or Black shadow be the F-Zero boss?

Top Bottom