• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Was he the boss of the sand level where you had to save slippy? or was he (As ODIN said) the... giant fish (Wasn't it an oyster?)

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Starfox bosses had names? I always thought that intro text before the fights said "Make this ASPLODE!!!" But then again, I do love my explosions, so a few details may have been lost here and there...

Come to think of it, how does a giant clam explode, anyway? :confused:

FoxxehRoxxeh

Smash Journeyman
In the R.I.D.L.E.Y. Sniper Lookout, Sniping Ridley
(Sand Level)

Slippy: Help me Fox! I got captured!

Fox & Falco: For ****ing sakes! We were okay with you being chased by the first god **** enemy in the game! But now you get captured? Why don't you just stay in the Great Fox! Your only on the team becasue your 'apperantly' SMART!!!!

Slippy: :(

Peppy: 0.0

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Sorry for my extended absense (again) but Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is pretty much consuming all my free time at the moment. Prime is my second favorite series (right after Smash) and so far, this one is the best yet. The graphics in Prime 3 are incredibly stunning and the control is tighter and more precise than any other FPS I have played. I love Twilight Princess, but Prime 3 kicks the tar out of that game.

By the way, I'm organizing a Nintendo fan rally. We're going to storm Gamespot HQ with torches and pitchforks. Who's with me?

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Boswer Jr.

Wario, Yoshi

Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, WW Link, Vaati

Pikachu, Mew, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer

Samus/ Zamus, Ridley

Kirby, Metaknight, King Dedede

Fox, Falco, Krystal

Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong

Ike, Marth, Mia

Pit, Captain Falcon, Lucas, Olimar, Chibi-Robo, Geno, Ray 01, Lip

Snake, Sonic, Megaman

=40.

Comments? Suggestions? Is 3 Fire Emblem characters too much? Does anyone else think they may cut Mewtwo and Pichu for Mew?
Okay, my last post is probably going to be overlooked. I realize I fell into the same hole that people do when they start a post with a roster and don't explain why... laziness I suppose, or a lack of time.
(noob status doesn't seem to help my credentials- I read this board a lot, but I only post when I have something to say.)

It seems to me that most predictions made for Brawl are done so linearly. People begin thinking along one easy frame of thought, such as "what characters from franchises that are in aren't in?" or "what main mascots/heroes aren't in?", or "what enemies aren't there?".
I admit to falling into this thinking too, and it is undeniable that many franchises will have more representatives- Metaknight, Zamus, Diddy are perfect examples. However, most rosters that I read that mostly expanded upon known franchises didn't feel like there were near 40 characters, due to the fact that it isn't quite new- it's all currently accepted.
So I wanted to stir it up a bit more.
Wiseguy, while I think you have a great roster, it seems to have that problem- it isn't new/uncomfortable enough to be real.

I propose that since Pichu and Mewtwo were both pretty bad (and with the advent of Pokemon Trainer and potentially Lucario), that they be replaced with a faster version of Mewtwo, equally significant to the series and different from the others: Mew.
I'd give Jigglypuff a decent chance of returning (original 12 status) were it not for a little personal distaste, similar appearance to Kirby, and doubts of Pokemon (with all the new franchises that could be included for diversity) taking up more than 4 spots on the roster (especially with Trainer as 3).

For the Fire Emblem series, I disagree with having Ike and The Black Knight. First, it falls into the auto-"series-needs-a-villian" thought, and second- it completely updates the series, providing no homage to earlier games. I also don't think The Black Knight is a good enough villain... as I've said earlier: he's pretty generic.
I went through lists of every main character from various FE games and came up with Ike, Marth, and Mia as cool looking contenders. I would have chosen Micaiah were her game actually out. I would have chosen Sothe had that not made the trio a sausage-fest.

When it comes to the Zelda series, I really feel like it deserves more than 4 reps: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and Young Link; but when it comes time to choose someone, you end up with characters that have either minor roles, few recurrences, an overabundance of Twilight Princess style, or Tingle. And I hate Tingle.
So the debate went to Skull Kid or Vaati. I chose the boss.

I can't recall who, but someone disagreed with Wolf over Falco due to the fact that Falco has so much more personality, and that pretty much won the argument for me. Hopefully he'll be more original next time. Wolf could be a Fox skin (not that he Has to be, but he could be), the same way Wario was a Mario skin (albeit a poor representation).

Geno and Olimar are on the list because of their high recommendation to Sakurai in the poll. I can't see Sakurai sticking to the poll though, so there are many on it that won't be present.

Ray 01 and Lip were chosen haphazardly.
My thoughts..

Shiek: I hope not. I REALLY do.

Mia over Black Knight? Really? I didn't think anyone played PoR and though of Mia as particularily interesting. Oh well...

As for Micicah, I wouldn't rule her out becuase her game hasn't been released yet. Roy was in the same vote, I beleive. However, the fact that PoR Ike and not his older Radiant Dawn version is included suggests that PoR characters have a greater shot.

Lip..... uh, could you explain that choice please? Even haphazard choices should have a kernal of justification.

Who cares if TP is over represented? OoT was over represented in Melee.

Anyway, that's my two sense. I like your reasoning behind the list, and you do have somewhat of a balance between the logical and the bizzare.

7.9/10 Well done.

It's my pleasure! I remember a time where it was literally just me, you and Smash Daddy posting a hell of a lot back when this thread was still only like 15 pages big. Keeping this thread alive seems to be one of my specialities although now it has enough regular posters to not really be all that necessary. ^^

Removing Miis over your dead body though? That's pretty serious dedication. I still want to know your opinion on the amount of Mario characters, 5 or 6? Oh and my case of cronic laziness is almost terminal, it's surely more severe than yours.
Assuming the total roster number is around 35-40, I say 5 Mario characters (not counting Wario or Yoshi.) That's the same number that was in Melee, and I think it's fair given that awesome series like F-Zero could have only a single rep. However, Geno could also sqeak by if it tickles Sakurai's fancy - that would amake six.

(And I'll try and find that moveset after I'm done this post. I'm actually interested in seeing what updates were made...)

See you in about *checks watch* 3 days? :p
Er... NO!

O.k., yeah.

QFT (QFT towards the person he quoted not for me... )

Anyways I really don't understand those people that claim Petey hurt Ridley's chances its like saying because Waluigi is an assist (I'm hoping he is a sticker at best though) that it hurts Luigi's chances.

Anyways i hope Skull kid could at least get in as an assist (Maybe even its Majoras mask that is the SM ZOMG : P) just to represent the TRUE greatest Zelda game.

(And all Zelda fans a warning Gypsy Lee really hates the Zelda series... : P)
Poor Gypsy. He hates the Prime trilogy too. I think he only likes Super Metroid.

Hey.. I don't quite get what you did, but you have Mr. Resetti under the characters you predict that are going to be in, but you put Tom Nook under your re-cap roster.
Thanks for pointing that out. I used to have Nook on my list, that's why.

Fixed.

It's not overrateed IMO, it's just everyone loves it, because everyone else loves it. There is a real geniune lack of love for it from a few Zelda sites, who just go on and on about it, and seem so not real. Almost as if they get bored of it. I've beaten it lke 9 times! :)
Maybe it's becuase I played MM first, but I found OoT to be a bit dry in the story department. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic game - I just think that all the 3-d Zeldas since have have more personality.

It kinda did, since in the openinig of WW it says Ganon died [I believe=I could be wrong]. Ganon never died in OOT. Ganon died for good in WW, until in OoS/OoA where he was revived, and then was killed for good [so far].

The people of the Great Sea pass down a legend of a prosperous kingdom with a hidden golden power. Ganon found and stole this power, using it to spread darkness until a boy dressed in green sealed the evil with the Blade of Evil's Bane. The boy became known as the Hero of Time and passed into legend. One day the sealed evil began to return, but the Hero of Time did not reappear.
There ya go. That's what it said in thre opening of WW. It fits with what happened in the ending of OoT, but not TP. In TP, Link wasn't even a boy.

He was locked away like in OOT. Look at WW's opening. He came out of the darkness, last hour, blah blah blah. In other words, Zelda was his captive, he had Hyrule Castle, and he was going to wipe out Castle Town's population. In OOT no one was about to die in the final hour. Then G'drof returns again, and it actually is the REAL final hour, some people go to the mountains, get seperated on diffrent islands, and there you have X [probably inthe 100's] years fro mWW. Actually, I think WW could have taken place anywhere from 200 to 1,000 years after OOT/TP, since facts was just "a legend".
Where dis it say in TP that Ganondorf was sealed away? He was defeated (impaled through the chest) and that's it. I suspect this is how Ganondorf died in the hyrule A- timeline, while his death in WW marked his demise in Hyrule B.

To recap:

OoT(Past)>MM>TP

OoT(Future)>WW>PH

HEHE....it's actually pretty neat how Capcom actually helps=they did a good job if you think about it.
Yeah, I guess.

Super Metroid was his last game, in which I believe he worked with Miyamoto. He spilled his love all over it, and the Virtual BOy [a attempt at a virtual handheld] failed, his life, and career went down the drain. No one at Nintendo appreciated him, he quit, he started his company, he dies in a car accident, and his company then re-joins with Nintendo. Really sad, actually.
Indeed. I heard about it recently in the Gametrailers.com retrospective. Nintendo should have shown more respect to the man behind one of their greatest franchises.

Agreed, but his moveset won't involve the vacuum other than maybe one attack/FS. BTW, Andross rocks! :) [where's Chief=???]...as a AT! XD Anyways, if anything he'll get moves from the M&L, but I only see a few moves changing. Again, I see super luigification, but hopefully making him original isn't out of the question. Heck, he's pretty much original already, just with a altered Mario moveset. ;)
A nice fix of his vaccume and his M&L moveset would be good I think. I thought he was fine in Melee, but a 100% unique moveset designed from scratch is in order to justify Luigi’s return.

BTW, glad you added Balloon Fighter, but here's a idea. Make Simon Belmont a AT. Simply put, he pulls out his whip, whips everyone, occassionally grabbing and strangling them with his whip. He does good damage with it. :)
Castelvania is a huge, legendary series man. If any series deserves a playable rep, it does.

Interesting list, only parts of it are disagreeable, for example Why the BK? I know hes major and all, but he really has different moves...I HIGHLY doubt he will be a clone. Have you played PoR before? If you have, then you should know, he isn't a clone. Amen about everything else, they ahve a chance. Good list, 7/10-8/10
He has some different moves (his up-B would certainly be his teleport) but for the most part I think he could work splendidly as an Ike clone. Not only are their swords the same size and shape, but they were trained by the same man. At any rate, it makes more sense than making Ganondorf a Falcon clone.

The Black Knight doesn't have enough to distinguish himself from not being a clone, or a alt costume. Heck, he and Ike even use weapons that are basically the same thing. >_>
I disagree. Looking at Ike, it appears Sakurai is designing some totally uniue moves for the character (I don’t recall Ike ever having a fire blade…) so they could easily make BK original if they wanted.

They were both taught how to fight by the same teacher, so they have extremely similar sword styles. Aldonite and Ragnell (their weapons) are also nearly identical in appearance and stats. Ironically, Aether is just Sol and Luna put one after the other and the Black Knight's ultimate skill is the latter half of it. It's kinda like Ike was fighting a stronger version of himself. I have a hard time putting them as anything other than clones.

If Ike is supposed to be the heavy swordsman, why would you put another swordsman that's even slower and heavier than him? I think that Marth would be a better choice and it would give a much more drastic comparison. Slow and Powerful vs weak and Fast. You could still have The Black Knight, but then Ike would be more of an average swordsman than a heavy one.
Who ever said that a clone has to be the total inverse of the original. Look at Fox and Falco: they are essentially two fast fighters, with minor tweaks to set them apart. With Ike and BK, you can choose your flavor: heavy swordsman or ULTRA heavy swordsman.

You know what?

I never thought of it that way... I wonder if WiseGuy did.
Please. I think of everything.

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

WHY SAKURAI, WHY?!?!?!?! WHY MAKE ANDROSS AN AT? HE HAD SO MUCH POTENTIAL!

Oh well life goes on.
Tough break, Numa. Still, as ATs go, you’ve gotta admit that he’s the most awesome so far.

(on Black Knight)
I went and read the first 5 pages and last 2... his generic/cliche-ness was brought up by countless people other than me, and I'm led to believe some of them actually played the game and still found him to be cliche. The arguments against this weren't very good. Most people said things like 'who cares if he doesn't have a story? Smash doesn't have a story!' or Wiseguy's comment: "Scientifically and objectively speaking, the Black Knight owns. Probably the greatest villian in a Nintendo game. Yeah, I said it. A Black Knight-less Brawl is a fututre too bleak to contimplate. He MUST be in Brawl. He WILL be in Brawl! BLACK FREAKIN' KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!" ...... you know, which doesn't really say anything other than he wants him.
So perhaps I didn't find what you were referring to. I did see a couple of story details, but nothing that informed me of his motives. If you could refer me to a specific page of that, I will definitely take another look though.
Huh. I thought my reasoning was flawless.

Without spoiling the plot totally, I’ll try and explain. In Path of Radiance Black Knight a powerful general who becomes Ike’s greatest nemesis after he kills Ike’s father, leaving Ike to lead his father’s band of mercenaries. His armour is blessed by the Goddess, which makes him invulnerable to every weapon (except Ike’s Ragnell) and allows him to transport himself anywhere instantly.

Throughout the entire game BK’s past, motives and identity are shrouded in mystery – though his actions have a central role in game’s plot, and play a crucial role in defining Ike’s character. His bemused tone, iconic appearance and intimidating persona have made him a favorite among Fire Emblem fans while his importance to the plots PoR and the upcoming Radina tDawn make him the most prominent villain in the series.

Also, he is TEH AWESOME!!!!1

hahhah. Psycho Mantis... he'd be a great Assist Trophy- suddenly all the players have to switch controllers or they end up controlling each other's characters! This would be especially fun being forced to play with uncomfortable characters or controller customizations.

Man. It's been a long time since that first iteration of Pokemon, and I never got far enough into it to know that (never owned a Gameboy)... Just the fact that you couldn't have Mew without glitches and that he does NOTHING when he comes out of Pokeballs makes me feel a little denied strangely and want Mew even more.

I really think that as rabid as Lucario fans seem to be that he will also end up in the game.
I just can't quite see Pokemon only having 3 slots, but if it does, that's fine with me- it'll add another for hopefully another franchise that has yet been seen in the Smash Bros games.

By the way, Wiseguy- are you going to replace ROB or are you still hoping?
Naw, I’ve replaced ROB with Balloon Fighter.

And yes, Phyco Mantis would be the ULTIMATE Assist Trophy. He’s a perpect choice.

Well, well, well. Speaking of Pokemon, looks like for todays update we got some of the special moves for Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Charizard. Let me tell you this: I was a tad disappointed. Yeah, we all saw Vine Whip coming and who didn't think of Flamethrower? But some moves, like Bullet Seed and Rock Smash made me sad. A projectile that only fires straight up? That sucks! When would you use that move? Rarely. And I was dissapointed at Rock Smash. It's so corny. He pulls out a rock and smashes it. WTF!?

Now I'm not saying I hate the moves, but they could have been much better moves. It seems to me that instead of getting three for the price of one, we're getting three thirds for the price of one
I think the moves unveiled so far are pretty interesting myself. I particularly like how Sakurai is designing them with specific strengths and weaknesses to encourage the use of all three characters.

Why is this topic still alive? This list is horrible.
Oh, please spare me mighty forum masters! I'll never express my opinion again!
We’ll spare you just this once, but once because we’re as benevolent as we are mighty.

Since all of the boss suggestion threads are either dead or closed I will just post mine here.

Mario series: King Whomp, King Boo, King Goomba and King Bob-omb. Now that alot of royalty.

Zelda series: Skull Keeta, Volvagia, King Moblin, Bong Bongo (If they don't have Bongo Bongo I'm going to be very upset.)

Pokemon: Random robots with the team rocket insignia

Kirby: Nightmare, Dark Matter, Squeak squad

Fire Emblem: Ashnard

Star Fox: Goras, Andross's secret weapon

F-Zero: Zoda II, Instead of explaining this one I'm going to show you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrj3gwhXFsU

D.K: Dodagon

Thats all for now.
Nice choices. There so many great options for bosses. Dracula from Castelvania, anyone?

Starfox bosses had names? I always thought that intro text before the fights said "Make this ASPLODE!!!" But then again, I do love my explosions, so a few details may have been lost here and there...

Come to think of it, how does a giant clam explode, anyway? :confused:
I play SF for the asplosions, myself, but I also love the awesomely terrible voice chatter and plot written by a twelve year old who saw Star Wars.

(Sand Level)

Slippy: Help me Fox! I got captured!

Fox & Falco: For ****ing sakes! We were okay with you being chased by the first god **** enemy in the game! But now you get captured? Why don't you just stay in the Great Fox! Your only on the team becasue your 'apperantly' SMART!!!!

Slippy: :(

Peppy: 0.0
Ah, that takes me back. I wasted many an hour of my life played SF64. Amazing game. I’m currently debating whether it’s worth ten bucks to purchase again on virtual console…

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Im not spending 10 precious pounds on something i already have so i just boot up my N64... but how long does it take to make these wall of pain (Or whatever you youngens call em these days) anyway?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Usually takes me an hour or two to reply to all my threads... but things have been lacking lately... anyways i doubt i could put that much effort into 1 post.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Never mind. You said "Andross' secret weapon" and I started thinking about that thing in Command that de-poisonified Venom. I figured it just had a name I never knew about.

But yeah, I think the clam thing's name was Baccoon, which is bacon with two extra letters. Bacon=pretty good. According to some source, I remember it saying he's what caused Aquas to be all watery, and prior to that, it was a regular planet, before he melted the ice caps. But yeah, the Blue Marine rocked. I wanted to meet Toad Sr. (his name is Beltino, but meh) and pat him on the back simply for making me this machine.

Aquas was fun, AND it's where Slippy and Amanda
got married later on. And Falco showed up at the wedding, strangely enough, even through all his pissed-offery at Fox, Slippy, and Krystal.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Never mind. You said "Andross' secret weapon" and I started thinking about that thing in Command that de-poisonified Venom. I figured it just had a name I never knew about.
I was referring to the robot at the end of sector X in 64 that looked like R.O.B. You know the one that pimp slaps Slippy to Titania where he is held captive by Goras. BTW Goras is the skeletal dinosaur thing for you guys who didn't know.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: double post. arg.
I hate when I click submit, realize something is worded ambiguously, stop it, reword and post just to find the first time I hit it it actually went through even though it never changed pages.
Can't we have the ability to just DELETE the excess post?

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
By the way, I'm organizing a Nintendo fan rally. We're going to storm Gamespot HQ with torches and pitchforks. Who's with me?
Why's this?

(on Zelda series)
My thoughts..

Shiek: I hope not. I REALLY do.
Me too, actually. I included Sheik because of that piece of information from Eiji Aonuma about the concept art.

Who cares if TP is over represented? OoT was over represented in Melee.
Ocarina of Time was the beginning of the split between Zelda universes we've begun to see since. Now we have games featuring a version of young link and games featuring adult link.
I believe if you were to split all Zelda games that have ever come out, you'd be able to with a fair amount of distinction as to which style of Link is the main character. All of them, that is, except Ocarina of Time, due to it having both- thus the justification of it's representation.
Now, on modern consoles/handhelds (starting at Gamecube), we have the cel-shaded young series, and the older, grimmer series, which is so far only one game. So why should Twilight Princess get 4/5ths of the Zelda roster? Young cel-shaded Link is going on three or four games, I believe: The Wind Waker, The Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, 4 Swords. (not sure if 4 Swords is cel-shaded.)

(on Fire Emblem series)
Huh. I thought my reasoning was flawless.

Without spoiling the plot totally, I’ll try and explain. In Path of Radiance Black Knight a powerful general who becomes Ike’s greatest nemesis after he kills Ike’s father, leaving Ike to lead his father’s band of mercenaries. His armour is blessed by the Goddess, which makes him invulnerable to every weapon (except Ike’s Ragnell) and allows him to transport himself anywhere instantly.

Throughout the entire game BK’s past, motives and identity are shrouded in mystery – though his actions have a central role in game’s plot, and play a crucial role in defining Ike’s character. His bemused tone, iconic appearance and intimidating persona have made him a favorite among Fire Emblem fans while his importance to the plots PoR and the upcoming Radina tDawn make him the most prominent villain in the series.

Also, he is TEH AWESOME!!!!1
Well, that's the best defense I've heard for him yet. I did find out some of that, and I can see him happening. I just think against the other very cool looking characters from Fire Emblem, he's going to have to fight for the spot.

Mia over Black Knight? Really? I didn't think anyone played PoR and though of Mia as particularily interesting. Oh well...

As for Micicah, I wouldn't rule her out becuase her game hasn't been released yet. Roy was in the same vote, I beleive. However, the fact that PoR Ike and not his older Radiant Dawn version is included suggests that PoR characters have a greater shot.
I hope so. The next version of the list will include Micaiah instead.
Though, I worry as to what PoR becoming the standard will mean for Marth- Ike does not appear to be a suitable replacement.

(on Lip)
Lip..... uh, could you explain that choice please? Even haphazard choices should have a kernal of justification.
Yes. There was a site I found (that I cannot find now at all) that went over lots of different possible characters for Brawl and stated why they had a chance and would be cool. Under Lip, it mentioned her ability to trade places in her game, and I thought that some variation on that move would be very cool and unique. Maybe it would allow her to try and hit any character (possibly by throwing a flower or something), and if she does, her and that character switch places. This idea and, of course, that Lip's Stick is already in the game felt like enough justification for a wtf character.
Logically, I could see an Assist Trophy being probable, and her presence as a character only plausible, but as a haphazard choice, I think it works.

Anyway, that's my two sense. I like your reasoning behind the list, and you do have somewhat of a balance between the logical and the bizzare.

7.9/10 Well done.
Thanks. It'll get better in new iterations.

Naw, I’ve replaced ROB with Balloon Fighter.
gotta fix the recap for that too then...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
yeah, he forgot to change it. ohh well.

kind of random, but i thought i should post it here instead of starting a thread. so far we've seen gliding, tether recoveries, and crawling. all of which seem to be exclusive to certain characters. winged characters glide, charizard, meta-knight, and pit. characters that can tether recovery are zzs/samus, link, and ivysaur. we've seen snake, pikachu, and wario crawling. thats very few characters for each group, although i was assuming characters that couldn't crawl would have tether recoveries or gliding. but that would be a LOT of characters. i think that there will be some other thing that characters like, say, kirby (can you picture him crawling?) would have. maybe its footstool hopping, but i don't think that that is character exclusive. ideas?

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
i would cry if jiggs doesnt come back, but i dont understand why people hate pokemon so much, sure its a little childish, but its a great series and has a ton of great games, but some not so good ones as well. Jiggs is awesome. especially his rollout and rest moves.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
I saw something like this coming, even the elevator. I see the stae working like Flat Zone, some falling objects here, some dodging there, only a LOT faster. I really like it. I was kinda hoping for something WarioLand, showing that other side of him, but I enjoy this stage and look forward to playing on it.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
I think you'll fight on the main stage for a while (the bottom picture on the update), then every now and then it will pull up a 5 second minigame or series of minigames, then return to the normal stage. I'm guessing it'll be one at a time, but it could go either way.

And as for no Ridley today, it's my understanding that it isn't Metroid Prime 3 week in Japan. It is released there on Dec. 31st, so we'll already know if Ridley is in by the time Dojo decides to celebrate.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Why's this?
I'm glad you asked.

BECAUSE THEY GAVE PRIME 3 AN 8.5/10 - EVEN LOWER THAN THE 8.8 THEY GAVE TWILIGHT PRINCES!!! :mad::mad::mad:

And we hates them for it.... we hates them forever!!!!

*Ahem* So, yeah. Light your torches and sharpen those pitchforks - we're going to Gamespot HQ.

(on Zelda series)
Me too, actually. I included Sheik because of that piece of information from Eiji Aonuma about the concept art.
Ah yes, THAT. I for one am not convinced.

Ocarina of Time was the beginning of the split between Zelda universes we've begun to see since. Now we have games featuring a version of young link and games featuring adult link.
I believe if you were to split all Zelda games that have ever come out, you'd be able to with a fair amount of distinction as to which style of Link is the main character. All of them, that is, except Ocarina of Time, due to it having both- thus the justification of it's representation.
Now, on modern consoles/handhelds (starting at Gamecube), we have the cel-shaded young series, and the older, grimmer series, which is so far only one game. So why should Twilight Princess get 4/5ths of the Zelda roster? Young cel-shaded Link is going on three or four games, I believe: The Wind Waker, The Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, 4 Swords. (not sure if 4 Swords is cel-shaded.)
In my view, TP should be represented by 4/5 of the Zelda roster becuase (just like OoT) it is currently the most recent and popular Zelda. I'm not saying that Midna should be made a permanent part of the roster, but I think her central role in the plot of TP has earned her a guest appearance at least.

If a second cartoony Zelda character is to be included, I really think that Tingle has the best chance. I know you hate him, but his appeared in the most games (other than the Triforce Trio) and he ever has his own spinoff series. Vaati may have been the main villian is three games - but two of them are the least played and most unpopular in the series (FS and FSA) so I doubt his chances.

(on Fire Emblem series)
Well, that's the best defense I've heard for him yet. I did find out some of that, and I can see him happening. I just think against the other very cool looking characters from Fire Emblem, he's going to have to fight for the spot.
Agreed. BK has to compete with some strong contenders: Marth, Sigurd and even Miciaiah.

By the way, you should really play Fire Emblem PoR. You could probably find it for pretty cheap these days, and it's a direct prequel to the upcoming Wii game FE: Radiant Dawn. You won't find a better tactical RPG besides Fire Emblem.

I hope so. The next version of the list will include Micaiah instead.
Though, I worry as to what PoR becoming the standard will mean for Marth- Ike does not appear to be a suitable replacement.
Why? No tiara? ;)

(on Lip)

Yes. There was a site I found (that I cannot find now at all) that went over lots of different possible characters for Brawl and stated why they had a chance and would be cool. Under Lip, it mentioned her ability to trade places in her game, and I thought that some variation on that move would be very cool and unique. Maybe it would allow her to try and hit any character (possibly by throwing a flower or something), and if she does, her and that character switch places. This idea and, of course, that Lip's Stick is already in the game felt like enough justification for a wtf character.
Logically, I could see an Assist Trophy being probable, and her presence as a character only plausible, but as a haphazard choice, I think it works.

Thanks. It'll get better in new iterations.
Urgh... I undersatnd your reasoning, but come on! Lip is so lame, she makes Tingle look like Chuck Norris. She was specifically removed from the Puzzle Leauge games in Amercia because Nintendo concluded (correctly) that the Western gamers would not be able to stomache the level of Japanese-ness. Just say no.

You made a mistake again.

Other Nintendo Characters: Yoshi, Wario, Pit, Mr. Ressetti, Mii, Captain Olimar, ROB (7)

Shouldn't it be.

Other Nintendo Characters: Yoshi, Wario, Pit, Mr. Ressetti, Mii, Captain Olimar, Balloon Fighter (7)
CURSE YOU FoxxehRoxxeh! CURSE YOOOOOOOUUUU!!!!

Fixed.

yeah, he forgot to change it. ohh well.

kind of random, but i thought i should post it here instead of starting a thread. so far we've seen gliding, tether recoveries, and crawling. all of which seem to be exclusive to certain characters. winged characters glide, charizard, meta-knight, and pit. characters that can tether recovery are zzs/samus, link, and ivysaur. we've seen snake, pikachu, and wario crawling. thats very few characters for each group, although i was assuming characters that couldn't crawl would have tether recoveries or gliding. but that would be a LOT of characters. i think that there will be some other thing that characters like, say, kirby (can you picture him crawling?) would have. maybe its footstool hopping, but i don't think that that is character exclusive. ideas?
For my money, I think all the characters will be able to crawl and footstool jump.

But you do make some interesting observations. I think these "skills" will work something like in Melee: some characters can do things like wall jump, tether recover some can't do anything of the sort. Still, it'll be be interesting to see how many of these new abilities are included.

i would cry if jiggs doesnt come back, but i dont understand why people hate pokemon so much, sure its a little childish, but its a great series and has a ton of great games, but some not so good ones as well. Jiggs is awesome. especially his rollout and rest moves.
People hate Pokemon becuase it's a series that's extremely popular and easy to make fun of. I

Don't mind us haters, Shadowplusle. Everyone has different likes and dislikes - all that really matters is that YOU like it. Personally.... it's not really my thing.

I saw something like this coming, even the elevator. I see the stae working like Flat Zone, some falling objects here, some dodging there, only a LOT faster. I really like it. I was kinda hoping for something WarioLand, showing that other side of him, but I enjoy this stage and look forward to playing on it.
This stage is pretty awesome. Very true to the Wario Ware series. Nice to see a crazy stage for once, given all the Battlefield-esque stages reveals thus far.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Wherever people talk about Midna I will be there. TO PWN!

In my view, TP should be represented by 4/5 of the Zelda roster becuase (just like OoT) it is currently the most recent and popular Zelda. I'm not saying that Midna should be made a permanent part of the roster, but I think her central role in the plot of TP has earned her a guest appearance at least.
That's just the problem. By the time brawl is released TP WON'T be the most recent and popular Zelda. Phantom hourglass will be released internationally and I don't need to tell you how much that will PWN also Tingles game will be released internationally by then. I really see no logic in adding a character like Midna, a character that is almost guarenteed to not return when they could add Tingle, a character with TWO of his own spin off games. While I'm at it I might as well point out that since Sakurai loves retros that it would make perfect sense for him to add in a retro Zelda character like Skull Kid (with mask) or possibly even Ralph.

If a second cartoony Zelda character is to be included, I really think that Tingle has the best chance. I know you hate him, but his appeared in the most games (other than the Triforce Trio) and he ever has his own spinoff series. Vaati may have been the main villian is three games - but two of them are the least played and most unpopular in the series (FS and FSA) so I doubt his chances.
I don't know much about Vaati so I couldn't respond to your points about him if I wanted to but you seriously aren't giving Tingle enough credit. Tingle has TWO games of his own one of which is soon to be international which is WAY more than Midna has (Oh wow she is the new helper character) so there really is no reason for her to be included before him. I would even go as far as saying that Tingle is the fourth mascot of Zelda right behind the triforce trio. Plus

Look at that bod. Who wouldn't want to play as such a manly creature?

Top Bottom