• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I was saying Tingle and K. Rool fit very well with the Marth/Roy thing. People just asume since there are other characters that they would rather that others are out. K. Rool is...well, K. Rool and we know why he should be in. Tingle appeared in every Zelda game from Majora's Mask to Twilight Princess(Purlo was Tingles spin-off so they still care for him)and has two of his own titles and one is coming to Europe meaning a possible U.S. release(Hip-Hip, Hooray!). In the last bit of where I said the criticizing part from you was if you took the reply incorrectly.(note that this is not a **** argument. I am with ODINS below post. I don't want to get into this...again)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I still can't believe that anyone could ever want King K Rool in Brawl. The thing has no place being there, and even if there is a moveset to be made for him (I actually made one. ;>_>) he's still a horrible character. It doesn't matter what he's dressed up as in the past, he's still the yellow and green skinned end boss/king of a race of horde evil reptiles that constantly pesters the hero of the game. He's generic, boring, dull, and we already have someone three times better filling in his role. The DK series only needs Diddy. It doesn't need that thing.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I still can't believe that anyone could ever want King K Rool in Brawl. The thing has no place being there, and even if there is a moveset to be made for him (I actually made one. ;>_>) he's still a horrible character. It doesn't matter what he's dressed up as in the past, he's still the yellow and green skinned end boss/king of a race of horde evil reptiles that constantly pesters the hero of the game. He's generic, boring, dull, and we already have someone three times better filling in his role. The DK series only needs Diddy. It doesn't need that thing.
Note that other game franchises don't necassarily knock out other game franchises characters which you guys can get through your head. A Metroid character being confirmed does not mean K. Rool is out. Why doesn't he have a place to be in Brawl? Your just going on your opinion and being ignorant. Diddy isn't that great by the way. You guys give him too much credit. He's generic, boring, and dull to you. You don't speak for everyone. He can easily go either way. I read your last bit that says(and I quote) "It doesn't need that thing" which is referring to Brawl. What if I referred that to Ridley or someone you want? Brawl really doesn't need any character except Link, Mario, Pikachu, Kirby and a few others.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Eh? I was referring to Bowser there. >_>

The thing is that K. Rool is generic. He's just like a cheap copy of Bowser. He's boring and dull because all he is that end boss that looks kind of creepy, and plays dress up. He's not a good character to add, and just feels wrong, under the same lines as say Waluigi. Sure these two have a shot of getting in due to what they have done, but because of how unoriginal and unexciting they are, they just feel wrong.

Diddy's gotten the potential for a original moveset, has stared in his own game, and a lot more. He’s his own character now, in addition to being DK’s number 2. K. Rool's still the same as he was back in DKC, a cartoony super villain.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Alright, let's semmer down here. No need for a flame war.

First off, everyone (in my opinion) is allowed their own opinion (see what I did there?). I can understand why someone wouldn't want K.Rool in Brawl compared to Diddy (my experience with Diddy is with Dixie, so I'd like to see them in a team up, personally, but that's just me). I haven't played much of any DKC, so I can't really comment much on it. But that doesn't mean Sakurai might have plans for him in some way. Sakurai did say he wanted more villians (was he on the poll?), and I can't think of any other antagonist in the DK series (DKC anyway. What was the main villian in Jungle Beat, since they're using that stage?). K. Rool is certainly well known amongst DKC fans. The biggest problem against K. Rool, is that he's owned by Rare, I believe, much like several other Rare characters (God rest their souls... U_U).

I'm kinda burnt out still from yesterday (played DDR for the first time in 3-4 years. Practically passed out after playing Healing Vision. X_X), so that's all I'll contribute for now.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
I don't know where the quote is, but I do know that it has been common knowledge on this site for a loooong time that he said he wants more villains. I'm surprised this is the first time you're hearing about this.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
he wanted more villains and females. i think it is to help with the whole character development thing he mentioned in subspace emissary

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
To be honest, I don't ever recall it ever being actually stated that Sakurai is looking to add more villains. It might have been mentioned somewhere I've not looked, but I don't remember seeing it Samurai Panda's thread or the interviews with Sakurai I've read. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just some conjecture made by fans which eventually got accepted as fact, though if anyone can find any official confirmation regarding it I'd very much appreciate it.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i searched, but i can't find the actual quote. maybe it was made up...
oh well, i'm pretty **** sure...i forgot what we were talking about. man, this thread is dying.
ohh, and check the new sig.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to change the subject here real quick. Look at this awesome picture:

[/IMG]

What the flabbity floo is Link doing? It looks like a counter, but that can't be right. Perhaps it's a new sheild... thing. Or maybe this is just a pose Link regularly goes through while attacking. Can anyone who plays Link give me some insight on this?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
maybe they replaced the bubbles, and that is his block stance?
cause in melee, they all have block stances, just blocked by bubbles. you can also move the bubbles by slightly tilting the control stick.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Well, I guess it's a smash of some kind then. I knew it probably wasn't a guard of some kind, since Link blocking Without his shield seems kinda stupid. I wonder if this means Link will get some new smash attacks, or just more dynamic animations for them?

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Sweet dreams are made of this, who am I to disagree? I've traveled the world and the seven seas. Everybody's looking for something. Some of them want to use you. Some of them want to get used by you. Some of them want to abuse you. Some of them want to be abused.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

SonicMario

Smash Master
I've seen those.
In #1: Liked Mostly Sonic (of course), but i doubt Ivy from the Soul Caliber series would make it. Along with Black Mage.
In #2: I am sure DeDeDe & Ganondorf have very good chances. Hopefully Ganondorf will return with his Big sword we were teased with in a trophy & a silhouette.
In #3: I don't bother with those JP-only characters:p
In #4: Many of those have either good or decent chances.

XDead Sexy

Smash Apprentice
Nice characters choices all though most seem obvious lol but i have to disagree with the Wolf/Falco switch I think they could easily unclonify Falco using the rocket launcher he had in Assault, they could easily vary him and make him a really cool and unique character.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
well...now I know who the black mage is lol
Yeah, I never knew what he looked liked and never looked him up, I've seen him before though, didn't know it was the Black Mage...
I'm glad they mentioned Pacman...I'm like, the only only who's hoping he's in Brawl. I'm more for Inky really lol
Seriously though

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Pac-Man is not a gaming icon.. he is like a...

Famous singer who these days is a poor alcoholic who only sings in pub karaokes...

Seriously he is one of my most hated characters (Along with Crash bandicoot)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea VG cats always there when you need em... the latest one is jokes XD

VG Cat for brawl (Leo or something).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think I'll keep you in suspence and wait until we know who won the bet before showing SR's WW sig.

I agree to the terms. Every post must contain the sig, unless the thread's rules demand otherwise.

Later JK. Hopefully, this whole Sheik bussiness will be sorted out when you return.
:( Something tells me it's good! Ya, those should be the rules. SR, you agree=??? Btw, I've made tons of bets for Brawl. I bet my mother Broly [some guy from DBZ] isn't in Brawl, I bet my sig WW Link is in Brawl, I bet a free or paid for copy of Brawl Lucario is in Brawl, I bet my sister, my bowl of Frosted Flakes, and me getting Brawl [if I lose this one, I never ever get to play Brawl] that Diddy Kong is in Brawl. Something tells me I won them all! XD

Too bad about Shiek and G'dorf, along with this new online rumor from one or two reliable Japanese video game magazines. Along with that MM BN4/DK Jungle Japes enemy arguement [I started! :grin:], there is just so much speculation. "This is MADNESS!" "THIS IS...the....SMASH...WORLD FORUMSSSSS!" Not to mention that new Sonic crap rumor, the old Sonic rumors, and huge WW Link, Bowser Jr., and Ridley rumors. So much speculation, Sakurai has outwitted God with his insanely crazily good mindgames! :chuckle: Sakurai is TOO GOOD! :laugh:

Keep in mind, Windwaker Link and Minish Cap Link are different individuals, though they sure look alike.

I agree that Skull Kid would own as a playable character, but sadly I suspect that either Midna or Tingle will squash his chances.

Strangely, WW Link and SK are both my fav Zelda characters. However, I don't want SK as a playable character, since I don't see a GOOD moveset. Even so, I still wouldn't be too much behind him due to lack of fanbase, popularity, and importance. He should return in the series later on, definitely.

Expect where Sheik is concerned. CURSE YOU SHEIK!!!!!!!
If you see Returning Character: SHIEK, will you cry Wiseguy=??? :laugh: Just messin' with ya'. *runs and hides* BTW Wiseguy, way to be mentioned on Youko's podcast [only a week after me! :grin:]! :laugh:

BTW Wiseguy, hilarious SIG! XD Now it's time for you to cut Bonk from your character predictions and add Marth. I'm betting Marth will be given a new look, and while Ike has dark blue hair, Marth will have light blue, Marth will either get a cool crown or dump it, he'll have his cape change color, and he'll have a lighter colored shirt. I see major changes to Marth, similar to Fox's look from Melee to Brawl! :)

Edit: BTW, Wiseguy you should add Liquid Snake as a AT. He simply grabs a Metal Gear, starts fires missles at everyone, and they land on the field, causing pretty bigt sized explosions. They come in a fury, and wouldn't be easy to dodge. They would rack/do much damage, but they would do good impact. How's that for a AT idea=???

Top Bottom