• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

hojiky

Smash Cadet
Actually, he said just that. Saumerai Panda's translation thread contains a quote where Sakurai says something to the effect that he would reveal all characters prior to release, because the entire roster will probably be leaked by that point.
Really? How lame. Personally I'd avoid any and all leakages. I had my doubts about joining this site or even looking at the dojo... But if that's the way Sakurai feels he should do it... I just hope some of the "leaked" info will be fake or just misdirection by Sakurai.

Or else so much will get leaked that no one will believe any of it.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Really? How lame. Personally I'd avoid any and all leakages. I had my doubts about joining this site or even looking at the dojo... But if that's the way Sakurai feels he should do it... I just hope some of the "leaked" info will be fake or just misdirection by Sakurai.

Or else so much will get leaked that no one will believe any of it.
Keep in mind, review copies of the game will have to be provided to media outlets before release for review. Keeping everything secret would be just too difficult I guess.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, if my computer hadn't died, I would've done some Wall-of-Pain-age. Probably some sort of sarcasm-ridden post comparing Wiseguy's beliefs on third-party characters to his Wi-fi prediction, the further ridiculing of the idea that Bowser Jr. is anything but a total waste of space, and probably a couple other things...

But...typing on the Wii's a pain. For example, it doesn't seem to understand the concept of a period. :1

Elysium

Smash Lord
Is that one too off topic? But seriously, I think that the next update will be a purple character from a shared franchise. (Notice how both Krystal and Ridley are purple? I thought that out.)

Black Knight: Tis but a scratch!
1.)Would Ridley really be rendered Purple? Having not played MP3 I'd say that a Meta-Ridley from MP1 would be nothing short of awesome. But then again he was purple in the opening of Melee so maybe he will be.... And a Krystal update would be cool as well.... and to address the update count subject, we might not be out of luck and updates anytime soon. Whose to say that we wont start getting 2 or more updates a day closer to the release? Just throwing it out there.

2.) Monty Python FTW!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ridley IS purple... nothing else.

His metal parts are not Ridley they are Meta-Ridley... and he isnt getting any where ****ing near Brawl... as a PC.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
If Ridley gets in, i at least hope hes dark purple. Besides it doesnt really matter what color he is because u can just change it.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Well, I never knew that Ashley was such a good Broadway singer, she certainly didn't sound that good in Touched, loks like she's been practicing for Brawl.

But anyway, I believe that this is one of the better peices of music.

That and the needless update on Kirby's smash, *sigh*, this is no Olimar, but beggars can't be choosers.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Oh, Wiseyyyyyyyyyyyy.

I think it's time for you to do a little editing, my friend. Looks like everybody's favorite hedgehog has made it into Brawl.

:laugh:

Smooth Criminal

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
um, ok, so can we finally close the 3rd party door now? Or you think there's any more characters not made by Nintendo in Brawl?

hojiky

Smash Cadet
Seems that Sonic is in... and the more new characters that are added the more I begin to doubt the 40 character theory.

Elysium

Smash Lord
I'm sure some of you noticed but the release date was changed to "TBD" on the Dojo, but I just want to bring it to discussion. Some people have already feared that Nintendo is delaying the release world-wide... What does everyone think of this?

Arteen

Smash Lord
Awesome, Sonic is in! Fun stuff. I love his old-school edge-balancing animation and use of the bumper. It makes me want to go back and play Sonic 1, 2, 3&K, and CD. I hope Sonic gets a variety of both old-school music remixes and good songs from the later games (like Live and Learn). I'm still waiting for Isaac to be confirmed, then I'll be truly happy.

Speaking of Isaac, could you take him off your list, Wiseguy? He's never going to get in he is! ;)

And regarding your bad kuck at making predicitions, live and learn Wiseguy, live and learn. Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Hmm, this has nothing to do with all that Sonic-y stuff out there, but I'd just like to mention that Marth's chances just increased for his return since it seems there will be a DS remake of Fire EMblem 3....That is all. o_o

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^I'm soooooooooo going to get that game.

Sonic is in, Wiseguy was wrong again, and now my favorite character from my favorite series is going to make an appearance on a recent FE. Things are looking great so far.

And with Marth coming out on a new system, that means he's no longer an "out dated character" as you put him. If that game is released world wide (which I assume is the entire purpose of the remake) then he'll no longer be Japanese only. He'll also be able to serve as advertisement for the first DS FE and the newest FE at the same time. I'd like to see where Pieman0920 got his info from, but if it's true then Marth's chances just skyrocketed. He now has everysingle one of the logical reasons to put a character in.

Game advertisement: Release of a "new" game on a new system.
Character diversity: Graceful, Bishounen swordsman.
Vetran Character: SSBM
Face of Franchise: appeares as main Lord more than any other character
Worldwide character:

Put him on your list already Wiseguy. His chances are quite good.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Aside from the cheesy music, it seems Sakurai did Sonic right. Old school animations and sound effects for the win! Man, Brawl can't come soon enough!

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Looks like I'm shoving my foot into my mouth today . . . I seriously thought that Sonic would not make it, and then BAM!

Well, he's in, and I have to say, my lack of confidence (and all-around interest) in his inclusion has been washed away. Hell, I may just want to take him on as a second main (because no one comes before Bowser, not even Geno). ^_^

Congradulations, Sonic fans!

Also, my brain has been 'twist-turned-up-side-down' today. The announcement of Sonic this late, and his absense at E3 (along with any characters at all), leads me to think that our roster is going to be smaller than we think. However, the change in release date (most likely later than sooner) makes me want to believe that it could in fact be larger. Why do you do this to me, Sakurai!?

EDIT: I just noticed something in his announcement video. Does it seem like he jumps a lot higher than everyone else?

Top Bottom